Region 6

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 6

Postby #28 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:46 pm

mybe it is cuz those 2 dont do well starting but do better coming of the bench
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:26 pm

#28 wrote:mybe it is cuz those 2 dont do well starting but do better coming of the bench

Good point. Very possible, but why wait so long to get the game started at a high intensity?
ndsportsfan00

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:31 pm

Let me just say that in spite of some of the strange coaching decisions, Minot has a very good team. They are a great bunch of young men and deserve a championship. I hope they get it.
ndsportsfan00

Postby kobe4mvp » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:56 pm

Last edited by kobe4mvp on Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
kobe4mvp

Postby PostPoster » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:57 pm

Yeah, those two definitely make an impact in a hurry when they get in. Bartsch has a sneaky way of getting to the basket and Krueger seems to get a hand on the ball whenever it's near him. If they are better off the bench, I would almost like to see that freshman Magnuson get a few minutes. It's easy to coach from the stands, though, and I realize it is probably a lot smarter to have a senior in there with some poise. It would be nice to develop that kid, though, he's got tons of potential and they are going to need him next year.

As far as the other half of the bracket, I don't know enough about District 11. It seems like Dunseith is the only team that's being talked about and I don't know how they compare with Glenburn and MLS. I remember them from last year, and it seems like they had a huge void to fill losing Hunt. I also remember Vetter abusing Decoteau on both ends of the court in the second half last year. That doesn't really matter I guess because a lot can change in a year. I didn't see their matchup earlier this year so I can't comment on that.

Regardless of the matchups, they should all be great games. Every team should be playing their hearts out to get to the 'B'.
PostPoster

Postby B_Baller » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:49 am

So who plays who in the region??
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby kobe4mvp » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:32 pm

Dist. 12 #2 Mohall vs. Dist. 11 #3 Rugby
Dist. 12 #4 Glenburn vs. Dist. 11 #1 Dunseith
Dist. 12 #1 Bishop Ryan vs. Dist. 11 #4 Drake Anamoose
Dist. 12 #3 Berthold vs. Dist. 11 #2 T-G-U
kobe4mvp

Postby 2EASY » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:32 pm

Does anyone actually think that bishop ryan is going to get beat. I garuntee they make it to state, the only team that could come close is Berthold. Once they get to state they will probably get 5th, I cant see them doing any better.
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:31 pm

Ryan has 3 tough games to win first. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
ndsportsfan00

Postby BB11 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:13 am

2EASY wrote:Does anyone actually think that bishop ryan is going to get beat. I garuntee they make it to state, the only team that could come close is Berthold. Once they get to state they will probably get 5th, I cant see them doing any better.

I disagree - I think Ryan will have three tough games in the region - and if they do make it too state - I'm thinking they should be able to make the championship game. They have shooters - size - speed and defense.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby mags » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:20 pm

comin from distric 12 i am fairly intestered to see tgu is there any way they could compete well with berhold? what is this tgu team like?
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby #28 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:30 pm

well tgu played with dunseith so i dont see why they couldent compete berthold but i agree berthold is a solid team and probbly have the best player in the region being bloms
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports for life » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:03 pm

earlier in this topic i said it was going to be a dunseith and minot ryan championship but now that i saw the pairings......i think it will be a mohal vs ryan championship
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby #28 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:19 pm

sports for life wrote:earlier in this topic i said it was going to be a dunseith and minot ryan championship but now that i saw the pairings......i think it will be a mohal vs ryan championship

idk about that one i dont think mohall has enough shooters/scorers to knock off dunseith
NDPreps Starter

Postby forloveofthegame » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:43 pm

agreed. I think that MLS win against Dunseith in the first game of the season was a fluke.
forloveofthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bbjay » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:55 pm

Here are the semi-final matchups

Dunseith vs. MLS
Ryan vs. Berthold

Should be a couple of great games....Both Ryan and Dunseith seemed to struggle today until the 4th quarter when they both turned it on. It seems like it should be Ryan vs. Dunseith for the title...but don't be surprised to see MLS vs. Berthold either!
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:45 pm

bbjay wrote:Here are the semi-final matchups

Dunseith vs. MLS
Ryan vs. Berthold

Should be a couple of great games....Both Ryan and Dunseith seemed to struggle today until the 4th quarter when they both turned it on. It seems like it should be Ryan vs. Dunseith for the title...but don't be surprised to see MLS vs. Berthold either!

Agreed - there could be two upsets tomorrow. I still think that it will be Ryan and Dunseith now that they have the jitters out of their systems. But - Berthold shot the ball extremely well tonight. Should be two very good games. Very impressed with D/A - they almost pulled it off vs. Ryan - much closer than the score showed.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby #28 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:15 pm

if ryan is gunna beat berthold vetter and backes cant do everything for them they need some kids to step up
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbjay » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:20 pm

It'll be Dunseith vs. Ryan for the title again.....

Dunseith got by Mohall in 2 OT...thanks to a last second three at the end of regulation, but a win none the least....

Ryan crushes Berthold, a team that had given them fits before.....

Should be a good game....either team will be a good representative for Region 6 at state!
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:31 pm

bbjay wrote:It'll be Dunseith vs. Ryan for the title again.....

Dunseith got by Mohall in 2 OT...thanks to a last second three at the end of regulation, but a win none the least....

Should be a good game....either team will be a good representative for Region 6 at state!

Agreed - both groups of kids carry themselves well on and off the floor.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndbfan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:35 pm

BB11 wrote:

What was the score of the Dunseith - MLS game?
Last edited by ndbfan on Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndbfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BB11 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:40 pm

ndbfan wrote:
BB11 wrote:

What was the score of the Dunseith/Mohall game?

73-71 in double OT.
Kid for Dunseith made a three with 1 second left to put it in OT. Then Allery kid from Dunseith drove lane made lay-up and got fouled with 6 seconds left in 1st OT.
Great game overall - MLS played their hearts out - they deserve a lot of praise and respect.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby bball_4life » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:52 pm

i think that that was a game dunseith should have lost. I thought MLS was in control of that game with like 3 or 4 min. left and they kinda just fell apart.
bball_4life

Postby JJBD20 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:14 pm

Dunseith verse MLS was a great all around game....both teams played there hearts out...couldnt have gotten a better game.....n Minot verse Berthold was not what i expected...i thought Berthold would of hung with them but Minot was just to much to handle
JJBD20

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:28 am

Gotta brag up Region 6. According to the NDHSAA - the Region 6 BB tournament has the highest attendance of any other region in the state. And by looking at the crowd that was at the championship game tonight - I would have to agree - there were more people at the Dome tonight for the Region championship - then there were for the girls State championship.
I thought that I would give us in Region 6 a pat on our own backs. :mrgreen:
BB11
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys