Region 6

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 6

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:35 am

Good job Region 6! The dome was packed and it definitely helped add to the excitement of the game. Congrats to MInot Ryan on a big win. They are a great team with a lot of class. I was very impressed with the way they handled themselves tonight. Good Luck in Fargo.
ndsportsfan00

Postby forloveofthegame » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:56 am

Congratulations Ryan. Say what you want about their fans, the shaking of opponents baskets or the long bus rides, none of that matters. They are an excellent basketball team with a ton of heart and a lot of integrity. You can't discredit those boys in any way. One prime example is Austin Vetter, one of the best in Class B right now and while their fans stormed the court, he was the first one over to shake Dunseith's hands even before he celebrated. Class act.
Good luck at State Lions!!!!
forloveofthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:40 pm

I noticed Vetter walk over to the Dunseith players as soon as the buzzer rang also. Great kid with a ton of talent. Very impressed with his skills but even more so with his attitude. True champion. Dunseith played a good game, but they just could not stop Minot Ryan. The Dragons played hard all four quarters and they can be proud that they are the only team Ryan has lost to this year. That in itself is a big accomplishment for them. Good job both teams!
ndsportsfan00

Postby future star » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:46 pm

I just want to say congrats to Bishop on their win they played hard all through the game and came out on top. But Dunseith didn't give up either they tried but it's hard to beat a team when it's their night keep your heads up Dunseith their is always next year. :wink:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:05 pm

ndsportsfan00 wrote:I noticed Vetter walk over to the Dunseith players as soon as the buzzer rang also. Great kid with a ton of talent. Very impressed with his skills but even more so with his attitude. True champion. Dunseith played a good game, but they just could not stop Minot Ryan. The Dragons played hard all four quarters and they can be proud that they are the only team Ryan has lost to this year. That in itself is a big accomplishment for them. Good job both teams!

I noticed it as well - and I thought that was a big-time classy move on his part. Ryan should be proud to have a not only such a great athlete - but a great individual representing them at the state meet.
ACTIONS do speak louder than words.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby ballaholic#3 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:44 pm

Maybe he's just tired from celebrating all the time when they win? If it was the first region championship, I'm sure he would have partied like it's 1999. But, a nice show of sportsmanship nonetheless.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:04 pm

True- Celebrating is really hard work and Ryan has been celebrating 23 games straight.
ndsportsfan00

Postby kissarmy74 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:48 pm

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a big Ryan fan, but, those kids are tremendous ball players. Vetter and Bakkes (spelling?) are "studs". They deserved to win the region no doubt about it. I hope they represent Region 6 well in the state tourney.
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. -Joe Paterno
kissarmy74
NDPreps Starter

Postby magic715 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:57 pm

magic715 wrote:
Bill Cartwright wrote:I believe this year the region is wide open, Ryan has alot of talent but dont play together all the time, I think with a better coach they would be heavy favorites, but with the loss last night it just prove that they are beatable. I would also have to say that Berthold is also a scary team to watch out for this year. They have a lot of young talent, and as long as their coach keeps playing the younger classmen they are also going to be a threat.

Wow, in my opinion, the Bishop Ryan coach is the best coach i have seen in this area in years. He learns alot from every game, he game plans well. He uses the other teams aggressiveness to his advantage. I think the Ryan players play well together, very unselfish, sometimes too unselfish, at times it looks like they look to Vetter and Backes to much. Ryan will need a 3rd and a 4th player to step up , to make them better, Eggl looks like he can, and i have a feeling the other one is going to come from the bench. Come tournament time he has them ready, as proven by the last 2 yrs. They werent the favorite, 2 yrs ago Bottineau was and last yr either Westhope, Kenmare, or Dunseith were probably considered better favorites than Ryan. I am not predicting they will this year, cuz i also believe that Dunseith, Berthold , are even this year, and maybe even Kenmare and or Mohall.

WOW, i think i was right!!!!!!
magic715

Postby magic715 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:18 pm

magic715 wrote:
greatest wrote:
anit couz wrote:
greatest wrote:
hopfully if they get outa there district...

how could they not ? with the closest competitors in dlb (beat handily) and kenmare (beat in fab 14) - id say they r definately a lock for getting out of districts , if not farther .....

parshall is the only team minot beat that was pretty good, and i heard it was boring game cuz minot was scared to run, if they have all these good guards why not run? or atlease shoot the ball within 30 seconds of a poss.

c'mon now anit - u cant play a run and gun game against Parshall . and i still dont c how u think bishop wont make it out of districts.......very ignorant thing to post , imo .

Ryan does have the athletes to run, and i wouldnt mind seeing them do so a little more, but running is not always smart, usually smart teams win, and running teams, that just run to run dont, u have to look at your opponent, and what u want to learn from that game, this is basically a precursor to the postseason, some coaches are getting ready for the postseason, and some are playing all out now , and i dont think Ryan is playing all out. just my opinion, u will see more determination from Ryan as the season closes out, they dont treat the regular season like most, it is a getting ready process. Also most teams circle ryan on the calendar each yr, as the game they want to win most (there state championship game). So those teams step it up during the year when they play Ryan , and Ryan treats it like just another game, then when Ryan gets to the post season, they step it up a notch, while the other teams have already did there stepping up earlier. now with that said, i am not predicting that Ryan wins the region, just what i have noticed over the last few yrs that Medalen has been coach.

Am i right? I think i proved my point , Ryan teams step up at tourney time.
magic715

Postby magic715 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:20 pm

magic715 wrote:
Dragon32 wrote:i see dunseith and ryan in the region 6 championship. with ryan getting the win but it will be closer than you think. score ryan-72 dunseith-70. i will give dunseith a 48% chance to win.

I think if these 2 teams meet again , if it is in the 70's Dunseith will win, 50's or low 60's then i think Ryan has a better shot at winning, IMO.

Gee , i like my predictions :lol:
magic715

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:53 pm

i'm not a bishop ryan fan at all, but i will say that vetter is amazing, i mean it not easy to score on a 6'9" kid, and he did it the past two years, and made it look easy, he is good, backes is good also, he stepped it up int he second half, congrats to bishop ryan on their third straight, i just wish the the refs would have called a better first half.
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby magic715 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:00 pm

dunseithdragon06 wrote:i'm not a bishop ryan fan at all, but i will say that vetter is amazing, i mean it not easy to score on a 6'9" kid, and he did it the past two years, and made it look easy, he is good, backes is good also, he stepped it up int he second half, congrats to bishop ryan on their third straight, i just wish the the refs would have called a better first half.

I am assuming u didnt like the fouls? where gunville walked over the kids, and so did 32. All season people have let gunville move them down, Ryans plan was to keep thier feet and if they got pushed over , it would be a offensive foul , and it was. I thought it was pretty well reffed, except for the occasional bad call. But the goaltending call was not a good call, the ref underneath has a bad look at it, if it is goaltending it is called by the outside guys cuz the underneath ref is partly blocked out by the backboard. Ryan just came to play, Dunseith had turnover after turnover the first half, that is why they lost, Ryan learned something from the first game and made adjustments, you could see they played completely different then the first time, especially defensively.
magic715

Postby forloveofthegame » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:22 pm

The charge calls were not questionable. Krueger and Allard had position and took great flops. However, the response by the Dunseith crowd was ridiculous. Booing the refs off the court at half time does not help your team.
forloveofthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby JJBD20 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:07 am

the charging fouls i did not like. they did that to Adam Hunt last year...but yea booing the refs was pretty bad....Vetter was on from the start and was just hittin everything.hes a great player no doubt and Dunseith committed way to many turnovers...congrats to Bishop
JJBD20

Postby baseball4life » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:36 am

JJBD20 wrote:the charging fouls i did not like. they did that to Adam Hunt last year...but yea booing the refs was pretty bad....Vetter was on from the start and was just hittin everything.hes a great player no doubt and Dunseith committed way to many turnovers...congrats to Bishop

How did you not like the charge fouls. THEY WERE CHARGES! end of story. there is no way that you can say they werent. gunville and 32 were plowing in there, and finally a team took a charge on it and it was called the way it should have been called, no question about it.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby anit couz » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:14 pm

minot gets all the calls, some those calls were boarder lline and the refs didnt give dunseith one, but dunseith wasnt gonna win anyways with veter goin off, but the refs coulda done a better job, u kno when ur getting booo's by the croud as a ref at half time u did a bad job, and after the game see the refs hugin' the minot coach haha
anit couz

Postby magic715 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:27 am

anit couz wrote:minot gets all the calls, some those calls were boarder lline and the refs didnt give dunseith one, but dunseith wasnt gonna win anyways with veter goin off, but the refs coulda done a better job, u kno when ur getting booo's by the croud as a ref at half time u did a bad job, and after the game see the refs hugin' the minot coach haha

LOL , yeah right , get a life
magic715

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:40 am

anit couz wrote:minot gets all the calls, some those calls were boarder lline and the refs didnt give dunseith one, but dunseith wasnt gonna win anyways with veter goin off, but the refs coulda done a better job, u kno when ur getting booo's by the croud as a ref at half time u did a bad job, and after the game see the refs hugin' the minot coach haha

Lucky for you, the players on your team are mature enough to wish Minot Ryan good luck at State and realize that their crowd booing the refs at the Regional championship was a hinderance to their team. If you were actually at this game you would know that Ryan absolutely outplayed the Dragons. If it helps to blame the refs, then go right ahead but the outcome will not change. The Dunseith boys played their hearts out at that game and for a fan to come on here and discredit their opponent only hurts those kids that worked their tails off.
Good job Dunseith. You outplayed Ryan in the regular season, plain and simple. No way anyone can claim you won because of the refs. Good Job Ryan. You outplayed Dunseith at Regionals, plain and simple. No way anyone can say you won because of the refs.
ndsportsfan00

Postby fb fan 4 life » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:44 pm

I don't think you can blame the refs in a double digit loss. 14 turnovers in the first half may have played a bigger part in it than the calls did.
fb fan 4 life

Postby number33 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:37 am

true about the turnovers but yeah the refs could of done a way better job then they did....that just isnt right i saw them when gunville shot, their players would just fall over and act like it was a charge and even the berthold fans were telling all of the dunseith fans that they dont believe what is happening out their to their team and the berthold fans were even booing the refs at half time and i dont think dunseith should be hanging their heads because all around they know who should of won but best of luck to all state teams and good luck next year dunseith if you are not playing bishop ryan... :? because they have such horrible fans and they shouldnt even be considered a catholic school when all their fans dont have any sportman ship at all and all their gurls were wearing trunks almost up their a**** and their fans were harassing the dunseith players during warm-ups so im sure all their fans better go to confession or heck :evil:
number33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:45 am

This topic better get back on track pretty quick...
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Yes - let's get back on track -we don't need this topic shutdown.
Predictions for next year.
Berthold - should be considered the favorite
Kenmare should be solid - B team went undefeated
TGU - brings back quite a bit
MLS - brings back quite a bit
Velva - brings back all but one
Anyone else to look out for? What's the odds on Ryan starting 5 sophomores next year?
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby #28 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:54 pm

Ryan wont be starting 5 sophomores
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Yeah......you.....should......really......not......talk......about......the...... fans......nice......telletubbies.....schwab.....georgetown......is......going.......to....... lose......before......unc.....bye.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys