College Commits

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:41 am

Yeah, well we still slaughtered them!!!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mr. Me Too » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:42 pm

I'm pretty positive Adam Hunt is goin' to BSC...
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:21 pm

Baller wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:This is all hearsay! What sources are you getting your information? - You can be only two people, if your statements are true! you can be Mark Graupe himself or his assistant Danny Mertens!  So which one are you? 

What about his Devils Lake teams?  I didn't hear of them doing that great!  Like I said before, he knows how to recruit them, but does he know how to coach them.  You can get a good group of players together and they will put the numbers up!  That doesn't mean he is making them better!  He is not a D-1 Coach, Small Town Class B Varsity coach at best! 

As far as recruiting kids from ND, what about these Class A big shots, why can't he pull them in, I mean he is a D-1 Juco coach, if he is so great, why can't he get these players here?  What about the big names in other states?  He has to get his crew from overseas, with the limited English!!!  They come here and last just a year.  They see through most of the bs!!!

Because the big names go to 4 year colleges because they are recruited to go there.

Not all!  Some cannot pull the grades, so they go to a Juco to get their grades up to get into these bigs schools.  Some have their reasons for going to a bigger school and some have their reasons for going to a Juco.  I am stating that LRSC doesn't have the right man behind the coaching Reigns! 

Like I stated before, he is a good salesman, but I don't think he is a good coach!  Congrats on selling himself as a top notch coach. In fact, I think he has published a book?  Now that is funny!  But, I got to give him props for selling it like that!

To you Diamond Davey!  I am a big time Support of TI and students at FW and students who excel as a student and athlete.  I have no beef with any kids and I would appreciate you trying to speak for me, you are filling shoes too big for you!  Literally and figuratively!  You do a terrible job speaking for yourself, and I would not want my statements tainted!
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:27 pm

Indian Alum:  How many of the LRSC international students have you spoken to that play BB for LRSC?  Just curious how terribly difficult it was to understand the kids from Toronto, Canada or London, England.    ha ha ha haahhah :point::bang:

Ok, number one, I have spoken to the guys from Croatia a couple years ago, and I had to do everything short of have them write it on a piece of paper to understand.  Second, how many have you spoken too!  Third of all, what about supporting the local kids and helping them get an education, or filling the seats, I mean I don't see LRSC bursting at the seems with money.  I mean you put local talented players in position you are looking at Packed Gyms.  I mean, how many people for the local community and the community south are going to go see TI and Mertens?  They both have great support from the local community! 

I don't like it when these International students come to LRSC for a year and leave, that scholarship could go to a local person, whom will stay the duration of his years here to graduate and transfer to a D-1, D-11.  School!!!
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Diamond D » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:50 pm

Second, how many have you spoken too!  Third of all, what about supporting the local kids and helping them get an education, or filling the seats, I mean I don't see LRSC bursting at the seems with money. 

My wife and I have had ALL of the International students over to our home in the past 3 years.  Most don't have the money to go home at Easter, Thanksgiving, etc..  So they come stay with us and we feed them.  My wife and I also provide a team dinner before or after the playoff games. Not to mention that I will get up early on the days they have a road game and take fresh carmel rolls to the bus before the team leaves.

I can't count how many times I speak with those students because I see them everday.  I work at LRSC.  I can't count how many times I have cooked a BBQ pork sandwiches, hotdogs and hamburgers, tacos, ham or turkey dinners for those kids.  Including the ones that are not international students.

My wife is also an alumni and athlete from LRSC so we donate every year. We give to 3 places in this community:  our church, the 4-H program, and LRSC. Not to mention both of us have tutored college kids as well (free of charge and on our own time).

It is obvious I don't need to talk for you.  You are doing such a great job digging the hole yourself. 

Remember I didn't start this whole thing.  You went after the coach.  Maybe your a former Dad of a player??? You also make it too obvious since you so are so adiment about your hatred for the coach.

The sad part about this is this started out as a great post, but you had to hi-jack it and go on your mission of trying to take a coach to the cleaners.  You should have just started a new post called "I hate Coach Graupe" and left this one for people to talk about college commitments.

If you are a true supporter of LRSC althletics, then I should see you in the stands come fall and winter.  When you figure out who I am, please come talk to me as I will buy the first bag of popcorn.  :pcorn:

Last edited by Diamond D on Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond D

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:06 pm

Ok guys carry on the conversation without all the hostility please.  Obviously there are some disagreements on here, no need to get personal. 

1..........2.............3.................breathe..........ah, that's better.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:38 am

Diamond D wrote: 
Second, how many have you spoken too!  Third of all, what about supporting the local kids and helping them get an education, or filling the seats, I mean I don't see LRSC bursting at the seems with money. 

My wife and I have had ALL of the International students over to our home in the past 3 years.  Most don't have the money to go home at Easter, Thanksgiving, etc..  So they come stay with us and we feed them.  My wife and I also provide a team dinner before or after the playoff games. Not to mention that I will get up early on the days they have a road game and take fresh carmel rolls to the bus before the team leaves.

I can't count how many times I speak with those students because I see them everday.  I work at LRSC.  I can't count how many times I have cooked a BBQ pork sandwiches, hotdogs and hamburgers, tacos, ham or turkey dinners for those kids.  Including the ones that are not international students.

My wife is also an alumni and athlete from LRSC so we donate every year. We give to 3 places in this community:  our church, the 4-H program, and LRSC. Not to mention both of us have tutored college kids as well (free of charge and on our own time).

It is obvious I don't need to talk for you.  You are doing such a great job digging the hole yourself. 

Remember I didn't start this whole thing.  You went after the coach.  Maybe your a former Dad of a player??? You also make it too obvious since you so are so adiment about your hatred for the coach.

The sad part about this is this started out as a great post, but you had to hi-jack it and go on your mission of trying to take a coach to the cleaners.  You should have just started a new post called "I hate Coach Graupe" and left this one for people to talk about college commitments.

If you are a true supporter of LRSC althletics, then I should see you in the stands come fall and winter.  When you figure out who I am, please come talk to me as I will buy the first bag of popcorn.  :pcorn:

I am the 6 ft 7 bald guy with a Goatie!!

Sounds like you are doing a good thing, I mean that is nice that you open you home to these students, but you are missing the point of getting locals Athletes!  Why do we need to go over seas to get players.  I mean if he such a great coach why can't he pull in the talent to compete from the ND Pool?  Why not give the scholarships to local kids who will stay and complete there two year degree? 

Graupe is not the saint and savior everyone makes him out to be!  He is a salesman first!  He knows how to sell himself!  I don't hate the guy, I just don't think he should get all the "thata boy's" you give him!!!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Diamond D » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:44 am

Whoa.....back the horse up a little.  No where in any of my posts did I say I am a die hard Graupe fan.   I just felt that was uncalled when you started calling him names and that is when I stepped in.

I also dislike it when people post things that are completely false, especially about our students.  Only then did this match start when you posted some of the non-truthful stuff.

I know Graupe.  Do I agree with his coaching style?  Maybe, maybe not, but I am also not a collegiate coach and don't feel I have that kind of background to make those accusations.  IMHO I think he has a coaching style that is much different than many other coaching styles.  Wether that is good or bad.  I guess I am not one to say.

I understand you have your opinion and you are entitled to it, but bear in mind this post started as a college commitment thread.  You hi-jacked it.
I mean if he such a great coach why can't he pull in the talent to compete from the ND Pool?

In an ideal world, I would love to see just ND boys at LRSC, but just look at BSC's record and you will see that ND just doesn't have the talent to compete at the juco level, especially D-1 with just ND athletes.  Not when WSC and NDSCS and others are pulling in from other places.

I wished we grew more 6'10" kids or more kids that could play at this level, but the reality is the list is relatively short in this state and we compete against 10 other state institutes and 2 private ones. 

I will however agree with you.  I don't think we have enough money in the athletics department.  It frustrates me to see that we have more students than Mayville, Valley City, and Williston and yet we don't even have our own gymnasium.  Many of us have tried to figure out a way and yet this community has not shown the support I was hoping it would to raise the funds needed.

I know from your other posts you are a big supporter of Tony.  I would think you would be more of a supporter to Graupe since Tony must think he is a great coach.  If he didn't, I don't think he would have signed here right?
I am the 6 ft 7 bald guy with a Goatie!!

I promise to make sure it is a large popcorn.:up:

My wife and I love watching Royals basketball.  We are excited to have seen the recruits that have signed and looking forward to seeing who else might come on board.  As long as the pocketbook says we can, we will also continue to feed our students when meals are not available to them. 
Diamond D

Postby feeshattack » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:11 am

Mr. Me Too wrote:I'm pretty positive Adam Hunt is goin' to BSC...

i thought people were saying he was being recruited by d-1 schools, and then he ends up going to a small 2 year college?
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr. Me Too » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:40 pm

feeshattack wrote:

i thought people were saying he was being recruited by d-1 schools, and then he ends up going to a small 2 year college?

It's probably more of wanting to play right away...if he were to go to a d-1, he'd prolly red-shirt for 2 years then come of the bench of something like that
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:05 am

Mr. Me Too wrote:
feeshattack wrote:

It's probably more of wanting to play right away...if he were to go to a d-1, he'd prolly red-shirt for 2 years then come of the bench of something like that

Looking back into my college football playing days, I wished I would have redshirted.  More kids need to take a better look at that!  It will only help develope the person as a player to get stronger and to take that year to adjust to college level athletics.  I mean, they have four years to compete!  Most students doen't graduate in four years!  Why not get that extra year out of the way with a redshirt?
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby feeshattack » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:58 pm

mike mathison from NOrth Border..... is he a senior?
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:01 pm

feeshattack wrote:mike mathison from NOrth Border..... is he a senior?

yes
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:31 am

Has he signed with anyone, if so who?
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Diamond D » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:20 am

UND I believe.

Heard rumor that Packineaus are visiting Williston State.  This could be interesting.

Diamond D

Postby ndfan » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:32 am

I thought I saw in the Herald a few days ago that Moe, Ironhart, and Darling are going to LRSC thats three pretty good in state recruits right there.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby kvrnm » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:16 am

Diamond D wrote:UND I believe.

Heard rumor that Packineaus are visiting Williston State.  This could be interesting.

i would like to here more about this.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Me Too » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:39 am

kvrnm wrote:
Diamond D wrote:UND I believe.

i would like to here more about this.

Im told they're considering goin' there, but they wanna wait there options...
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BaldEagle » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:32 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:Has he signed with anyone, if so who?

I know UND had him in for a visit, but I haven't heard if he has committed to a school yet.  There were at least 2 other schools that were on his list.
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:52 am

BaldEagle wrote:

I know UND had him in for a visit, but I haven't heard if he has committed to a school yet.  There were at least 2 other schools that were on his list.

That is one kid that needs to redshirt and get some of his fundamentals down, I am sure he is a very coachable kid!  You can't just overlook size like that!  Even if he becomes a shot blocking force.  He would be a nice role player in the post for any team. 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby feeshattack » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:42 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:

That is one kid that needs to redshirt and get some of his fundamentals down, I am sure he is a very coachable kid!  You can't just overlook size like that!  Even if he becomes a shot blocking force.  He would be a nice role player in the post for any team. 

yes but personally i think that he is a big project.... haha he didnt look very cordinated and is going to have to get quicker to play at the next level
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby web17 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:06 am

feeshattack wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:

yes but personally i think that he is a big project.... haha he didnt look very cordinated and is going to have to get quicker to play at the next level

I heard many colleges aren't looking at Lorenz for basketball because he isn't athletic enough to play at the next level.....and i heard that from a really good source.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:31 am

web17 wrote:
feeshattack wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:

I heard many colleges aren't looking at Lorenz for basketball because he isn't athletic enough to play at the next level.....and i heard that from a really good source.

You're gunna have people on you now
AandBfan

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:36 am

web17 wrote:
feeshattack wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:

I can see and understand that.  I don't know if he is athletic enough for the next level either.  I can also see him going to an NAIA school and having a great 4 yr career just because of his dedication and hard work over coming what he lacks in athleticism.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:28 am

web17 wrote:
feeshattack wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:

ya i mean i guess getting recruited heavily by mayville state (who btw is the only men's basketball program in North Dakota history to play for a national championship) isn't good enough. You dont have to be looked at by alot of college's to be a good player or to excel at the next level. All it takes is the one to give you a chance.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys