College Commits

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Diamond D » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:38 am

by mayville state (who btw is the only men's basketball program in North Dakota history to play for a national championship) isn't good enough.

Are you talking about this year's team?  LRSC beat them earlier in the year at both exhibition games.  Yes, they played the JV as well during the regular season, but they did play the varsity too.

That tells you 1 of 2 things.  Either that division wasn't very strong or that the Juco level is higher than many think it is.  I would wager on the second one and say that the Juco level is higher than most people realize.

Diamond D

Postby The Schwab » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:10 am

Diamond D wrote:
by mayville state (who btw is the only men's basketball program in North Dakota history to play for a national championship) isn't good enough.

Are you talking about this year's team?  LRSC beat them earlier in the year at both exhibition games.  Yes, they played the JV as well during the regular season, but they did play the varsity too.

That tells you 1 of 2 things.  Either that division wasn't very strong or that the Juco level is higher than many think it is.  I would wager on the second one and say that the Juco level is higher than most people realize.

They played in what you said as an exhibition game...where the coaches were trying to decifer who to play....and also Ron Howard did not participate in those games.....if he would have played it would not have been close...and i say that as a fact. And i am not trying to take anything at all away from Lake Region IMO they have a very good program
Last edited by The Schwab on Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Diamond D » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:21 am

Actually Mayville asked LRSC to play a zone for one of the second halves.  Something Graupe hadn't even had a chance to work on with his players.  In fact, he didn't even have a zone in his playbook at the time and yet LRSC still beat them playing a defense they hadn't even practiced.

Ron Howard did not participate in those games.....if he would have played it would not have been close...and i say that as a fact.

Ron Howard or no Ron Howard, LRSC would and could play at Mayville's level each and every time....and I say that as a fact.

We will probably have to agree to disagree on this one.
Diamond D

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:53 am

If LRSC and Mayville played in the same conference and the games meant something, LRSC would beat Mayville 1 out of every 20 times.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:01 am

Diamond D wrote:Actually Mayville asked LRSC to play a zone for one of the second halves.  Something Graupe hadn't even had a chance to work on with his players.  In fact, he didn't even have a zone in his playbook at the time and yet LRSC still beat them playing a defense they hadn't even practiced.

Ron Howard did not participate in those games.....if he would have played it would not have been close...and i say that as a fact.

Ron Howard or no Ron Howard, LRSC would and could play at Mayville's level each and every time....and I say that as a fact.

Tim Miles (former NDSU coach) said after they played mayville that Ron was the quickest player he had coached against this year, now that's sayin something.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Diamond D » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:20 am

This is my final post on this subject

The numbers don't lie.  They kept score and I believe even a video of the game was taken. LRSC beat Mayville.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  Mine differs from yours lionsfan.  I think they could play 20 times and I think the win could go either way.

WSC, NDSCS, and LRSC have really stepped up the level of play. Both the men and women's teams. 

Diamond D

Postby cubsfan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:18 am

[user=1963]web17[/user] wrote: 
 I heard many colleges aren't looking at Lorenz for basketball because he isn't athletic enough to play at the next level.....and i heard that from a really good source.

I don't know who your source is but it can not be a very reliable source because there are a lot of schools he has turned down already.  I know that he has narrowed it down to 3.  MSUM, Jamestown, and Mary.  And another thing, LRSC would not come close to Mayville State if they played even half as good as they played at nationals.
Last edited by cubsfan on Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby jetblue12 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:40 am

cubsfan wrote:[user=1963]web17[/user] wrote: 
 I heard many colleges aren't looking at Lorenz for basketball because he isn't athletic enough to play at the next level.....and i heard that from a really good source.

I don't know who your source is but it can not be a very reliable source because there are a lot of schools he has turned down already.  I know that he has narrowed it down to 3.  MSUM, Jamestown, and Mary.  And another thing, LRSC would not come close to Mayville State if they played even half as good as they played at nationals.

i thought it was north carolina , florida, and mayville state
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:26 am

jetblue12 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:[user=1963]web17[/user] wrote: 

i thought it was north carolina , florida, and mayville state
and your a moron.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:23 am

Dude, Jetblue, don't come in here and throw out random insults and sarcasm, you are bringing down the integrity of this site.  If this gets packed with "morons" throwing out random crap like that, it will no longer be a place where a person can seriously express their opinions! 

Anyway, it would be nice to have Lorenz in the Black and Orange of Jamestown.  Does the guy play football also?  JC would be a nice fit for him and Lorenz would be a nice fit for JC. 
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:50 am

ND_SportsNut wrote:Just put whos going where once its put out there, please no stuff about freshman already commited to Duke and that kind of garbage.

LRSC confirms they got R.J Darling, Ironheart and Moe. I hope the rumor is right about the Packineaus also.

Wow you guys did a great job not filling this thread up with garbage
ND_SportsNut

Postby feeshattack » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:06 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:Dude, Jetblue, don't come in here and throw out random insults and sarcasm, you are bringing down the integrity of this site.  If this gets packed with "morons" throwing out random crap like that, it will no longer be a place where a person can seriously express their opinions! 

Anyway, it would be nice to have Lorenz in the Black and Orange of Jamestown.  Does the guy play football also?  JC would be a nice fit for him and Lorenz would be a nice fit for JC. 

i know lorenz was a good bball player. but is he a good trackster also?
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsubisonfan » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:16 pm

i think hes pretty much just a bball player
ndsubisonfan

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:36 pm

ndsubisonfan wrote:i think hes pretty much just a bball player

Well basketball is his main sport but he's a pretty good competitor in track.  I think this season is only his second year in track and I'm not sure but I think he was a fairly good football player as well.  Basketball is obviously number 1 for him but he's good at track and football just not as good as basketball.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:44 pm

Diamond D wrote:Actually Mayville asked LRSC to play a zone for one of the second halves.  Something Graupe hadn't even had a chance to work on with his players.  In fact, he didn't even have a zone in his playbook at the time and yet LRSC still beat them playing a defense they hadn't even practiced.

The game with Mayville State's varsity was a scrimmage which doesn't show too much since it's that early in the year.  During the actual season our JV played LRSC's Varsity and competed with them very well.  I think Lake Region maybe won by about 15 both times so I highly doubt that this year had our varsity played LRSC in a real game they would beat them.  By varsity I mean the team that was playing in the National Championship game at the end of the year, not at the beginning of the year when they are still figuring out who is playing where, when, and how much because once they got their rotation down they were a tough team to beat.  I'm not taking anything away from LRSC but there's just no way that they would be able to of beat them this year.
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:20 pm

[user=1019]north_border_eagles2106[/user] wrote:

The game with Mayville State's varsity was a scrimmage which doesn't show too much since it's that early in the year.  During the actual season our JV played LRSC's Varsity and competed with them very well.  I think Lake Region maybe won by about 15 both times so I highly doubt that this year had our varsity played LRSC in a real game they would beat them.  By varsity I mean the team that was playing in the National Championship game at the end of the year, not at the beginning of the year when they are still figuring out who is playing where, when, and how much because once they got their rotation down they were a tough team to beat.  I'm not taking anything away from LRSC but there's just no way that they would be able to of beat them this year.

how many schools is north border??
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsubisonfan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:19 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:

Well basketball is his main sport but he's a pretty good competitor in track.  I think this season is only his second year in track and I'm not sure but I think he was a fairly good football player as well.  Basketball is obviously number 1 for him but he's good at track and football just not as good as basketball.

What position does he play in football and what does he do in track? To me it seems like he's not the most athletic person... but then again I've only seen him in person twice.
ndsubisonfan

Postby feeshattack » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:21 am

from the times ive seen him play i think that he is more athletic then having a lot of talent.. like in basketball, he seemed just like a hard worker and athletic player
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsubisonfan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:24 am

that could be true also...
ndsubisonfan

Postby bballer2 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:14 am

ndsubisonfan wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:

What position does he play in football and what does he do in track? To me it seems like he's not the most athletic person... but then again I've only seen him in person twice.

quarterback
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shooter » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:05 am

North Border is made up of 2 high schools in Pembina and Walhalla but 3 towns with Neche in the middle.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:53 pm

luke is very good @ the jav and don't be suprised if he was to throw in college as well. i know both und and ndsu looked at him for football.
Last edited by PA42 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby baller01 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:03 pm

horne98 wrote:luke is very good @ the jav and don't be suprised if he was to throw in college as well. i know both und and ndsu looked at him for football.

Defensive side of the ball?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:15 pm

honestly i don't think they knew. he's 6'3" 190 a hard worker a good athlete who is a good d-back and has a very strong arm. I think they were looking for potential.
PA42

Postby baller01 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:21 pm

horne98 wrote:honestly i don't think they knew. he's 6'3" 190 a hard worker a good athlete who is a good d-back and has a very strong arm. I think they were looking for potential.

I learned twice, the hard way, you don't throw near Lorenz, haha.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys