College Commits

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:12 am

That kid could put on another 20 lbs of muscle and make an awesome QB. I hope Coach Dosch redshirts him and puts some good size on him.  He would be an excellent option QB.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:01 am

Indians Alumni wrote:That kid could put on another 20 lbs of muscle and make an awesome QB. I hope Coach Dosch redshirts him and puts some good size on him.  He would be an excellent option QB.

I heard from a source in Mayville that he was being looked at as a Safety by Jamestown College.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:36 am

Yeah there are three towns and two high schools that make up North Border, however I don't really know what that has to do with the LRSC vs. Mayville State discussion.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:08 am

Back to the Mayville State vs. LRSC debate for a sec.  No way and I mean NO WAY LRSC beats Mayville State.  LRSC has a couple of solid players, but most of their guys will never put a jersey on again after they graduate from LRSC.  LRSC would probably finish 6th or 7th in the DAC.  Marlo Davies and Travis Mertens are both solid players, but after that they are pretty weak.  I don't think people understand that NAIA basketball is better than people give it credit.  You look at the past 5 years and both Mayville and Minot State have beaten UND on their home floor.  Minot beat them once earlier than that and when Mary was NAIA they beat UND as well.  Then look at when UND had one of their best teams in a while with Beasley, Brandt, Myron Allen - before he became ineligible - Jamestown almost beat them.  Don't sleep on the NAIA schools, they are alot better than people think.
sportsguy

Postby Diamond D » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:41 pm

No way and I mean NO WAY LRSC beats Mayville State. 

They did this past fall.  Numbers don't lie.  That is it.  Guess we will wait until this coming fall to see if Mayville will play them again or if they will take the safe road and schedule JV only.
Don't sleep on the NAIA schools, they are alot better than people think.

I would say the same thing about the juco schools.

Diamond D

Postby shooter » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:11 am

some guy asked earlier who made up NB, so I told him.  I didn't really think it fit either.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:42 pm

First off if Mayville did lose to LRSC it was in a scrimmage and they were definetly not playing their best players.  Nobody on the LRSC roster can touch Monty Rogers or Ronald Howard.  Outside of Williston St. (who struggled this year) and Wahpeton who was young and not very good this year, the JUCO's in this state, for that matter this region, are garbage compared to most of the rest of the country.  That goes for BSC, Tribes, Bottineau, and LRSC in a normal year.  And to be honest the LRSC team from this year was only good because everybody else sucked and that showed when they got drilled by Vincennes at home in the regional to go to Hutch.  If you wanna see real JUCO ball go South.
sportsguy

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue May 01, 2007 3:10 am

First the LRSC web site has no direct links to atletics which is annoying. It took like eight clicks to find a basketball schedule and the games against Mayville are listed as JV. 
Last edited by Wild Wolves on Tue May 01, 2007 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mr. Me Too » Tue May 01, 2007 4:38 am

Heard The Pack signed with Williston State from a very close source to the packineaus's...they will be a very solid team
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Diamond D » Tue May 01, 2007 11:00 am

Outside of Williston St. (who struggled this year) and Wahpeton who was young and not very good this year, the JUCO's in this state, for that matter this region, are garbage compared to most of the rest of the country. 

NDSCS was ranked 8th in the country this fall/winter.
And to be honest the LRSC team from this year was only good because everybody else sucked and that showed when they got drilled by Vincennes at home in the regional to go to Hutch. 

So NDSCS sucked?  Ranked 8th in the country?

Drilled by Vincennes?  Were you at the game?  I spoke with an official after the game and he said Vincennes would have competed easily in the NCC and ended within the top 3.  That isn't my comment, this was from an official.  After watching a few Mayville games, I highly doubt Mayville would have gotten by them either.
If you wanna see real JUCO ball go South.

I will somewhat agree with you.  Texas JUCO ball is unbelievable.

Wild Wolves said:
First the LRSC web site has no direct links to atletics which is annoying. It took like eight clicks to find a basketball schedule and the games against Mayville are listed as JV. 

I whole-heartly agree. I have complained a few times about this myself.  I guess the webmaster isn't much of a supporter of any kind of athletics.
Diamond D

Postby HeisAlive » Wed May 02, 2007 4:44 am

Mr. Me Too wrote:Heard The Pack signed with Williston State from a very close source to the packineaus's...they will be a very solid team

I saw this on the news last night, they did sign with Williston...  I know Minot State was recuiting them.  Too bad for Minot State
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Wed May 02, 2007 8:14 am

i also heard mayville state was looking pretty hard. i really wonder how mayville recruiting is going with a rookie coach and very little help from assistants.
PA42

Postby Mr. Me Too » Thu May 03, 2007 10:09 am

Adam Hunt signed with BSC. . .
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BaldEagle » Sun May 20, 2007 11:54 am

Mathison will be a walkon at UND

[url]http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=38198ýion=Sports[/url]

In addition, North Border (N.D.) High School center Mike Mathison has announced that he will walk on at UND. The 6-foot-10 center averaged 13.1 points, 8.9 rebounds and 2.3 blocks last season for North Border.

[i]“He's come such a long way in the last two years,â€Â
Last edited by BaldEagle on Sun May 20, 2007 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Thu May 24, 2007 9:11 pm

I saw in herald that Lorenz signed with Jamestown to play basketball.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:49 pm

Luke Lorenz is not going to play football at Jamestown college.   And to put an end to the Mayville State vs. LRSC,  Mayville State would have beaten them this past year but would be able to beat MSU this year.
Last edited by cubsfan on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Tu-Big » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:52 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:Adam Hunt signed with BSC. . .

I thought Hunt was going to Minnesota? haha
Tu-Big

Previous

Return to Boys