College Basketball Players

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby kobe4mvp » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:40 am

Yes - Region 6 has done quite well since the year 2000.

Bottineau - Billy Schaffen, Derek Aus, Kelly Roemmich
Kenmare - Seth Graveson
Berthold - Adam Grant, Taylor Mau
Drake/Anamoose - Justin Ewert
Westhope-Newburg - Anthony Lee, Jordan Cooper
Sherwood - Justin Daley
Glenburn - Tyler Lee, Kevin Thom
Dunseith - Derrick Chase, Clifford Gillis
Surrey - Jeremy Feller
Our Reedemer's - Lance Allerdings, Brady Wheeler
Minot Ryan - Braden Bosch, Mitch Meyer, Bojan Janic
These are just the ones I remember - some played or are playing at juco's - but college basketball is still college basketball. I think A lot of other regions would be very similar. The only region that might be dominant in this area would probably be region 2.
Kelle Davis-Bottineau
kobe4mvp

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:20 am

Swine-O wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:From Region 2 -

North Border - Aaron Bonaime, Warren Eagan, Nathan Carrier, Marcus Morrison, Mike Mathison
Park River - Justin Moe, Tyler Moe?
Valley Edinburg - Bryce Laxdal
Fordville-Lankin - Thomas Dryburgh
May-Port CG - Craig Nelson, Kyle Nelson, Travis Kraft, James Baldwin, Luke Lorenz, Steve Trudeau, Tom Jacobson, Matt Swift, Chuck Klabo (i'm pretty sure the last two  played)
Finley Sharon - Chris Reinhart
Thompson - Joe Jones
Hillsboro - Andy Leraas, Ethan Evenson, Shane Vettel
Larimore - Micah Berge, Ryan Opdahl
Central Valley - Jake Foley, Curt Hong

That's 26 players, I'm positive on all but about 2 or 3 of them not sure if they played college basketball.  Mathison, Moe, and Lorenz are all going to play college basketball so thats why they are on this list.  These are all just from the last ten years or so.  Cavalier had some great athletes that decided to play college football instead of basketball such as Brady Trenbeath and Matt Anderson.

How many of these are from 2000 and onwards? because 26 college players in 6 years would be pretty impressive. I also said I wasnt including players who have yet to play in college, so mathison wouldnt count.
There are 7 total then that you wouldn't count.  Jacobson, Swift, Kraft, Lorenz, Klabo, Mathison and Moe.  That is 19
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:28 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Yes they did maybe now the FW fans will realize that and stop living in denial.

NBE, don't sit there and act all high and mighty now that you have numbers behind you, If I remember correctly, I have seen your name in some FW topics for them!  I guess you were waiting for others to have your back before you could step out and act like you are one your own!!!

High and mighty?  What are you talking about IA?  Yeah, I have posted on a few FW topics but what should that matter.  For a long time the only topics getting posted on were the FW topics because 50% of the topics are started for them or are started about something else but one of you guys turns it into a FW topic.  I posted on there for awhile before I started to realize that every topic said the same thing, "TI is the best player in the state" "Rick Smith is the best coach in the state" and "FW is going to run away with the state tournament, no one can run with us!"  oh and don't forget th most famoust one 

"GOOD LUCK INDIANS!!!"

[size=2]Anyway I was actually kind of curious what other regions have done as far as college basketball players.  Right now I think we have about 4 regions that people have covered.  Region 2, 4, 6, and 7 and I am sure there are some other regions with a lot of athletes to go on to play ball at the next level so what do you other guys from around the state have?

[/size]
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:41 am

NBE, Most of the forum topics you are talking about where to give our opinion of who is the best on everything!  I think we even went as far as waterboys!!!

As far as regions, I know that our region hasn't really produced that many college athletes, I don't know the reason, I wished I did.  It should be more with the local talent!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thehills1984 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:19 am

[user=2711]Swine-O[/user] wrote:
[user=1019]north_border_eagles2106[/user] wrote:
From Region 2 -

North Border - Aaron Bonaime, Warren Eagan, Nathan Carrier, Marcus Morrison, Mike Mathison
May-Port CG - Craig Nelson, Kyle Nelson, Travis Kraft, James Baldwin, Luke Lorenz, Steve Trudeau, Tom Jacobson, Matt Swift, Chuck Klabo (i'm pretty sure the last two  played)
Thompson - Joe Jones

That's 26 players, I'm positive on all but about 2 or 3 of them not sure if they played college basketball.  Mathison, Moe, and Lorenz are all going to play college basketball so thats why they are on this list.  These are all just from the last ten years or so.  Cavalier had some great athletes that decided to play college football instead of basketball such as Brady Trenbeath and Matt Anderson.

How many of these are from 2000 and onwards? because 26 college players in 6 years would be pretty impressive. I also said I wasnt including players who have yet to play in college, so mathison wouldnt count.

There are 7 total then that you wouldn't count.  Jacobson, Swift, Kraft, Lorenz, Klabo, Mathison and Moe.  That is 19

There is also, Derrick Rogers from Hatton, Riley Lillemoan from Hatton, Kade Coles, from Hillsboro, Kyle Olsen from Hillsboro, Andy Paulson from Hillsboro. So there is 5 more to make it 24
thehills1984
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Wombat » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:28 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:NBE, Most of the forum topics you are talking about where to give our opinion of who is the best on everything!  I think we even went as far as waterboys!!!

As far as regions, I know that our region hasn't really produced that many college athletes, I don't know the reason, I wished I did.  It should be more with the local talent!

I think a majority of the Region 4 athletes wind up in baseball or football in college don't they?
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wombat » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:31 pm

thehills1984 wrote:[user=2711]Swine-O[/user] wrote:
From Region 2 -

Thompson - Joe Jones

There is also, Derrick Rogers from Hatton, Riley Lillemoan from Hatton, Kade Coles, from Hillsboro, Kyle Olsen from Hillsboro, Andy Paulson from Hillsboro. So there is 5 more to make it 24
Last edited by Wombat on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:34 pm

Wombat wrote:
From Region 2 -

Thompson - Joe Jones

I forgot about those 3 hillsboro athletes they were great players especially kyle olson he was a lot of fun to watch.  I don't remember the two from Hatton though.  A lot of the basketball players from region 2 go to UND or NDSU and don't play sports but there are a lot from every region in the state that could play in college but don't because they go to the bigger schools.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:50 pm

From Region 2 -

Thompson - Joe Jones

Where the heck did this kid play?  I was coaching when he was in high school and he was not a great player.  I can't believe he played college somewhere.  Same with Lillemoen, too.  I know he played a year or two JV at Mayville.  I'm sorry but I just don't think playing a year or two on some JV counts as playing in college.  They pretty much take anyone to play so the varsity has a practice squad.  I mean I played one year JV in college, too, but I don't consider myself a college bball player. 
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby thehills1984 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:14 am

Well first of all congratulations on your year of JV, I don't pay attention to how much they play, I pay attention to kids that went to a school to play basketball. I didn't know this was a list of kids who were successful college basketball players. The little bata kid has only played JV as well so he wouldn't count for whatever region he is in. I agree Rogers wasn't the best but he went to Valley City, no idea if he still plays or got cut or what?
thehills1984
NDPreps Rookie

Postby run-n-gun » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:38 pm

The Schwab wrote:
Roughrider wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Swine-O wrote:I've been working on making up a list for all of the college basketball players to come from region 7 in the past few years and i was wondering if any other region in the state has produced as many as region 7 has.

Heres the list:

Tyler Greff (Mott Regent)

Jaden Voth, Jesse Voth (Glen Ulin)

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Peyton Tivis, Derek Pauley (Bowman)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

And from Dickinson Trinity: Chad Glasser, Joey Steiner, Trevor Ernst, Brady Ernst, Ryan Ernst, Scott Torgersen, Scott Huffman, Matt Ukestad, and Mat Hirst.

I am sure there are a few players that I am missing but these are the ones I remember who went on to play college basketball, not to mention the countless other athletes who came from this region and went on to accel in other sports as well. I am also not including kids who played this season and have yet to play in college or upcoming prospects from region 7. That's 18 overall in the past 7 or 8 years. Any other regions compare to this?????

This is easily in the top three most worthless topics on this site.  Who cares or even wants to keep track of someting like that.  OK, region 7 is the king of HS BB in ND!  Move on.

Maybe Four Winds fans realize that this is how we feel about them talking about FW:D
When I read comments like that it just motivates me to spout off about FW more, which I have no problem doing.  Thanks for the continued motivation and keep up the good work!  GO INDIANS!!

Then why can't people continue to spout about region 7? It's the same thing. I was just pointing that out to you. You think that region 7 fans talking about region 7 is annoying just like this whole site thinks FWs fans talking about FWs is annoying. Works both ways buddy!

no kidding. the people talking about region seven actually have good reason to talk about Region 7 because they are actually good and have been for quite a few years. The people that are talking about Fourwinds are just talking about what they have seen in just 2 years. they have only been good for two years, maybe when they get to the status of a region 7 then we can talk about them for a while.
Region 2 has dominated for a long time....and no one talks about them

Dominated? I never knew Dickinson Trinity was in region 2!!! O im sorry they're not. The only region that has dominated would be the one with DT in it. And that just happens to be region 7. As soon as FW gets as many state championships as DT we will discuss dominance. Untill then we wont say region 2 has dominated anything.

run-n-gun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:42 pm

run-n-gun, do you even watch ND bball??  Just off the top of my head, I believe Region 2 has 5 state champs compared to just 1 out of Region 7 (Trinity in 04) in the past 10 years.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby grizz » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:59 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:run-n-gun, do you even watch ND bball??  Just off the top of my head, I believe Region 2 has 5 state champs compared to just 1 out of Region 7 (Trinity in 04) in the past 10 years.

You forgot about last years championship. But that only brings it up to a total of 2. So you have a good point.

I think another stat that he might be talking about is how many times a region 7 team has been in the state championship compared to how many times a region 2 team has. I'm not sure of the stats or anything, but region 7 teams are pretty consistant in making it far at state.
Last edited by grizz on Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:03 pm

grizz wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:run-n-gun, do you even watch ND bball??  Just off the top of my head, I believe Region 2 has 5 state champs compared to just 1 out of Region 7 (Trinity in 04) in the past 10 years.

You forgot about last years championship. But that only brings it up to a total of 2. So you have a good point.

I think another stat that he might be talking about is how many times a region 7 team has been in the state championship compared to how many times a region 2 team has. I'm not sure of the stats or anything, but region 7 teams are pretty consistant in making it far at state.
well lets see........since 1995 region 2 representives have played in the losers bracket at state a grand total of 2 times (99, 2000) and they have won state 5 times (96,97,01,02,03) in that time....I would like to see any other region come close to that !
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:07 pm

The Schwab wrote:
grizz wrote:

well lets see........since 1995 region 2 representives have played in the losers bracket at state a grand total of 2 times (99, 2000) and they have won state 5 times (96,97,01,02,03) in that time....I would like to see any other region come close to that !
Region 7 has been in the state championship game quite a few times.... Losing to region 2
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:05 pm

The Schwab wrote:
grizz wrote:

ha...region 2 has only been in the sunshine bracket twice since 1995...i'll top that...region 3 has been there the last...what...three years straight...gotcha owned there.
rep

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:16 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
From Region 2 -

Thompson - Joe Jones

Where the heck did this kid play?  I was coaching when he was in high school and he was not a great player.  I can't believe he played college somewhere.  Same with Lillemoen, too.  I know he played a year or two JV at Mayville.  I'm sorry but I just don't think playing a year or two on some JV counts as playing in college.  They pretty much take anyone to play so the varsity has a practice squad.  I mean I played one year JV in college, too, but I don't consider myself a college bball player. 

Adding more to the region 2.

Dakota Prairie

Kalyn Luehring- Lake Region, then Valley City

Jeremiah Messener- Lake Region

Tanner Johnson- Lake Region
Last edited by pakkyzoo on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:18 pm

what about Scott Hanson?? from DP?  he had to have played somewhere
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby berry186 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:35 pm

rep wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
grizz wrote:

ha...region 2 has only been in the sunshine bracket twice since 1995...i'll top that...region 3 has been there the last...what...three years straight...gotcha owned there.

well the linton year was the championship game really the last year with carr
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:36 pm

baseball wrote:what about Scott Hanson?? from DP?  he had to have played somewhere

He went to Northern State back in 1994.  It was when we were Dakota Prairie-Tolna.  We were still in Region 4 that year.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue May 01, 2007 5:55 am

berry186 wrote:
rep wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
grizz wrote:

well the linton year was the championship game really the last year with carr
I hope by championship game you mean the sunshine bracket championship game.....cause they played for 5 and 6 that year....is was New Rockford vs. Bottineau in the championship game that year.....and mayville vs. trinity for 3rd and 4th
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Tue May 01, 2007 5:59 am

That first round game in 2005 was actually really unforunate, from Lintons standpoint anyways. They were probably the second best team in the state that year and maybe best (having beat NR earlier in the year) but it was just unforunate that the two best teams drew each other the first round but, nothing much you can do.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby run-n-gun » Tue May 01, 2007 6:19 am

True. I guess i put that wrong. I was just tryin to say that people from FW are talkin about how good they are just cuz theyr from a good region. I put the DT part in cuz they have made it 7 of the last 8 years.
run-n-gun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Tue May 01, 2007 9:07 am

run-n-gun wrote:

True. I guess i put that wrong. I was just tryin to say that people from FW are talkin about how good they are just cuz theyr from a good region. I put the DT part in cuz they have made it 7 of the last 8 years.

Trinity won in 06 too
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nd_sports_fan » Tue May 01, 2007 7:35 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
From Region 2 -

Thompson - Joe Jones

Adding more to the region 2.

Dakota Prairie

Kalyn Luehring- Lake Region, then Valley City

Jeremiah Messener- Lake Region

Tanner Johnson- Lake Region

I have to agree with ndlionsfan, if you play on jv team in college your really just wasting your time. I am pretty sure this puts Laxdal in this category and Morrison (not sure on morrison though). Laxdal wasn't that good of a player in high school, so i don't know how he could play college bball, but thats why he plays jv at mayville i guess. I don't know how Mathison is good enough to play college bball either, has no coordination at all. The only thing he has going for him is size. I still think region 2 is definetly leading in this category though. Didn't brady trenbeath's brother play anywhere?
nd_sports_fan

PreviousNext

Return to Boys