College Basketball Players

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:54 pm

project-pat wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Roughrider wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Swine-O wrote:I've been working on making up a list for all of the college basketball players to come from region 7 in the past few years and i was wondering if any other region in the state has produced as many as region 7 has.

Heres the list:

Tyler Greff (Mott Regent)

Jaden Voth, Jesse Voth (Glen Ulin)

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Peyton Tivis, Derek Pauley (Bowman)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

And from Dickinson Trinity: Chad Glasser, Joey Steiner, Trevor Ernst, Brady Ernst, Ryan Ernst, Scott Torgersen, Scott Huffman, Matt Ukestad, and Mat Hirst.

I am sure there are a few players that I am missing but these are the ones I remember who went on to play college basketball, not to mention the countless other athletes who came from this region and went on to accel in other sports as well. I am also not including kids who played this season and have yet to play in college or upcoming prospects from region 7. That's 18 overall in the past 7 or 8 years. Any other regions compare to this?????

This is easily in the top three most worthless topics on this site.  Who cares or even wants to keep track of someting like that.  OK, region 7 is the king of HS BB in ND!  Move on.

Maybe Four Winds fans realize that this is how we feel about them talking about FW:D
When I read comments like that it just motivates me to spout off about FW more, which I have no problem doing.  Thanks for the continued motivation and keep up the good work!  GO INDIANS!!

Then why can't people continue to spout about region 7? It's the same thing. I was just pointing that out to you. You think that region 7 fans talking about region 7 is annoying just like this whole site thinks FWs fans talking about FWs is annoying. Works both ways buddy!

no kidding. the people talking about region seven actually have good reason to talk about Region 7 because they are actually good and have been for quite a few years. The people that are talking about Fourwinds are just talking about what they have seen in just 2 years. they have only been good for two years, maybe when they get to the status of a region 7 then we can talk about them for a while.
If region 7 is so good then why has only one team come out of there in the last seven years? Sounds to me like one team dominating because no one is giving them any comp.   I don't know why people need to be braggin up one region or another in the first place.  I could give a rats arse how good any other team is in region 4.  All I care about is FW.  Fact I cheer against any region 4 team when they make it to state.   

then why do we need to be braggin up 1 TEAM over another? That's all that's ever talked about on this site is 4 winds, let's let something else be discussed for a change, so just leave it be.
There's opportunity for any team in the state to be talked about by their fans and they choose not to.  You ever stop to think about why FW is talked about so much on this site?  The solution to your dilemma is easy:  don't come on this site if you don't llike hearing about FW.  And the more you stuff and moan the worse it'll get!!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:56 pm

Now you are just making it sound like you guys are going to try to take over the site...
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:03 pm

so heres my question....you hate reading about region 7, so u complain about it.......everyone else hates eharing about FW, so they complain.....u tell them not to read it if they dont like it.....if you dont like region 7, why do you read it?  you just dig yourself into a deeper whole whenever you try to explain why you talk about FW and tell them to stop talkin about region 7
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:06 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
There's opportunity for any team in the state to be talked about by their fans and they choose not to.  You ever stop to think about why FW is talked about so much on this site?  The solution to your dilemma is easy:  don't come on this site if you don't llike hearing about FW.  And the more you crap and moan the worse it'll get!!

Yeah well don't come on the site if you don't like hearing about region 7 then, region 7 is talked about 1/64 as much as FW is on here. This is a dumb argument.
project-pat

Postby grizz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:06 pm

nativegolfer wrote:There's opportunity for any team in the state to be talked about by their fans and they choose not to.  You ever stop to think about why FW is talked about so much on this site?  The solution to your dilemma is easy:  don't come on this site if you don't llike hearing about FW.  And the more you crap and moan the worse it'll get!!

I dont see how it can get much worse. Besides, I know FW was a good team and all, but you cant keep bragging them up and giving all the "ifs" and "buts", because they lost first round at state.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:22 pm

Yes they did maybe now the FW fans will realize that and stop living in denial.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:50 pm

Alright lets get back to the TOPIC, I have read enough bickering. Man I would really hate to have to lock the topic and take some peoples privileges away because of it.

You all have a wonderful day :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby grizz » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:32 pm

Alright thanks. Anyway. So Mark Keithley of DT is gettin recruited by DSU. I dont think he wants to play college ball, but I'm sure he'd make a heck of a bball player.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:54 am

baller01 wrote:Now you are just making it sound like you guys are going to try to take over the site...

So far FW has dominated the topics on this site, I don't think we are taking over, but we are the most discussed school, and you know what, you all whinning about it only makes it even more viewed.  If you are happy about your school, show it.  Congrats, I am happy for you, but don't tell us we can't talk about our teams.  If you don't like it, don't look at it! Simple as that!

And as for the Tony Ironheart imagine if he where taller story.  He may be a FW fan, you have your fans that have dumb topics also!!!  I remember a topic about water boys, team managers!  I mean, the only reason you remember that was because a FW fan started it, I thought it was a dumb topic also, but you know what, this is a forum of the fans opinions, as much as I think it was a dumb topic, they  have every right to post on here also!  This is not a forum for what YOU think, it is for everyone and their opinions.  I guess this should be a site for the "Good Ol'Boys"!!!  Anyone different will not be tolerated.  This is a new millineum, stop trying to segragate everyone one!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:58 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Yes they did maybe now the FW fans will realize that and stop living in denial.

NBE, don't sit there and act all high and mighty now that you have numbers behind you, If I remember correctly, I have seen your name in some FW topics for them!  I guess you were waiting for others to have your back before you could step out and act like you are one your own!!!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby CobMan24 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:00 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:From Region 2 -

North Border - Aaron Bonaime, Warren Eagan, Nathan Carrier, Marcus Morrison, Mike Mathison
Park River - Justin Moe, Tyler Moe?
Valley Edinburg - Bryce Laxdal
Fordville-Lankin - Thomas Dryburgh
May-Port CG - Craig Nelson, Kyle Nelson, Travis Kraft, James Baldwin, Luke Lorenz, Steve Trudeau, Tom Jacobson, Matt Swift, Chuck Klabo (i'm pretty sure the last two  played)
Finley Sharon - Chris Reinhart
Thompson - Joe Jones
Hillsboro - Andy Leraas, Ethan Evenson, Shane Vettel
Larimore - Micah Berge, Ryan Opdahl
Central Valley - Jake Foley, Curt Hong

That's 26 players, I'm positive on all but about 2 or 3 of them not sure if they played college basketball.  Mathison, Moe, and Lorenz are all going to play college basketball so thats why they are on this list.  These are all just from the last ten years or so.  Cavalier had some great athletes that decided to play college football instead of basketball such as Brady Trenbeath and Matt Anderson.

also scott guldseth from edinburg and kyle omlie of FL
CobMan24
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:31 am

CobMan24 wrote:

North Border - Aaron Bonaime, Warren Eagan, Nathan Carrier, Marcus Morrison, Mike Mathison
May-Port CG - Craig Nelson, Kyle Nelson, Travis Kraft, James Baldwin, Luke Lorenz, Steve Trudeau, Tom Jacobson, Matt Swift, Chuck Klabo (i'm pretty sure the last two  played)
Thompson - Joe Jones

That's 26 players, I'm positive on all but about 2 or 3 of them not sure if they played college basketball.  Mathison, Moe, and Lorenz are all going to play college basketball so thats why they are on this list.  These are all just from the last ten years or so.  Cavalier had some great athletes that decided to play college football instead of basketball such as Brady Trenbeath and Matt Anderson.

also scott guldseth from edinburg and kyle omlie of FL
well i dont know if we should start going back to the late eighties/early ninety's....cause then this topic would get out of hand
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:10 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
baller01 wrote:Now you are just making it sound like you guys are going to try to take over the site...

So far FW has dominated the topics on this site, I don't think we are taking over, but we are the most discussed school, and you know what, you all whinning about it only makes it even more viewed.  If you are happy about your school, show it.  Congrats, I am happy for you, but don't tell us we can't talk about our teams.  If you don't like it, don't look at it! Simple as that!

And as for the Tony Ironheart imagine if he where taller story.  He may be a FW fan, you have your fans that have dumb topics also!!!  I remember a topic about water boys, team managers!  I mean, the only reason you remember that was because a FW fan started it, I thought it was a dumb topic also, but you know what, this is a forum of the fans opinions, as much as I think it was a dumb topic, they  have every right to post on here also!  This is not a forum for what YOU think, it is for everyone and their opinions.  I guess this should be a site for the "Good Ol'Boys"!!!  Anyone different will not be tolerated.  This is a new millineum, stop trying to segragate everyone one!

ok...last thing im saying about this whole topic...If you guys tell us to stop whining about FW all the time, then why is it acceptable for a FW fan to call a region 7 topic worthless? That's kinda like the pot calling the kettle black dont you think?
project-pat

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:57 am

Pat, I personally have not told anyone to stop talking about their team, region, or player.  I believe in freedom of speech to talk about anything a person wants to talk about.  I am just stating that you whine about it, it only draws attention towards it! 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:52 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:Pat, I personally have not told anyone to stop talking about their team, region, or player.  I believe in freedom of speech to talk about anything a person wants to talk about.  I am just stating that you whine about it, it only draws attention towards it! 

Well we were showing our freedom of speech by talking about region 7, but a couple of you guys didn't like it, so you guys are just doing what you say not to do, this is just stupid.
project-pat

Postby baller01 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:59 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:Pat, I personally have not told anyone to stop talking about their team, region, or player.  I believe in freedom of speech to talk about anything a person wants to talk about.  I am just stating that you whine about it, it only draws attention towards it! 

Isn't that like a 1st grade thing? Like if someone is whining you keep doing it to make them more mad...
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gator-nation » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:16 pm

baller01 wrote:

Isn't that like a 1st grade thing? Like if someone is whining you keep doing it to make them more mad...

so IA what are you now the NDpreps bully
gator-nation

Postby run-n-gun » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:29 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
Roughrider wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Swine-O wrote:I've been working on making up a list for all of the college basketball players to come from region 7 in the past few years and i was wondering if any other region in the state has produced as many as region 7 has.

Heres the list:

Tyler Greff (Mott Regent)

Jaden Voth, Jesse Voth (Glen Ulin)

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Peyton Tivis, Derek Pauley (Bowman)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

And from Dickinson Trinity: Chad Glasser, Joey Steiner, Trevor Ernst, Brady Ernst, Ryan Ernst, Scott Torgersen, Scott Huffman, Matt Ukestad, and Mat Hirst.

I am sure there are a few players that I am missing but these are the ones I remember who went on to play college basketball, not to mention the countless other athletes who came from this region and went on to accel in other sports as well. I am also not including kids who played this season and have yet to play in college or upcoming prospects from region 7. That's 18 overall in the past 7 or 8 years. Any other regions compare to this?????

This is easily in the top three most worthless topics on this site.  Who cares or even wants to keep track of someting like that.  OK, region 7 is the king of HS BB in ND!  Move on.

Maybe Four Winds fans realize that this is how we feel about them talking about FW:D
When I read comments like that it just motivates me to spout off about FW more, which I have no problem doing.  Thanks for the continued motivation and keep up the good work!  GO INDIANS!!

Then why can't people continue to spout about region 7? It's the same thing. I was just pointing that out to you. You think that region 7 fans talking about region 7 is annoying just like this whole site thinks FWs fans talking about FWs is annoying. Works both ways buddy!

no kidding. the people talking about region seven actually have good reason to talk about Region 7 because they are actually good and have been for quite a few years. The people that are talking about Fourwinds are just talking about what they have seen in just 2 years. they have only been good for two years, maybe when they get to the status of a region 7 then we can talk about them for a while.
If region 7 is so good then why has only one team come out of there in the last seven years? Sounds to me like one team dominating because no one is giving them any comp.   I don't know why people need to be braggin up one region or another in the first place.  I could give a rats arse how good any other team is in region 4.  All I care about is FW.  Fact I cheer against any region 4 team when they make it to state.   

If they have no competition in their region would you kindly explain to me why they have several state championships. Hmmmm is it really region 7 that we have to worry about not having competition. Also is it really that hard to believe that most teams from region 7 that go to state also have some of their few losses against the other teams from that region.
run-n-gun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BBall dominator » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:30 pm

I don't know if you noticed but all the FW fans are the NDpreps bullies I'd respect their opinion(-IA) if showed some knowledge of basketball outside of that FW has had a good team in for the past 2 years
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:34 pm

yeah i agree with run-n-gun, Last year Dickinson Trinity had 1 loss and Bowman had 2, and they all came against each other.
project-pat

Postby grizz » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:52 pm

Just because Trinity is the only team to come out of region 7 for the past 7 years, does not mean they have no competition. Last year, Bowman was a big threat,  and this year there was Killdeer and Hazen. Beulah also had a shot at taking region 7. If I knew how Trinity has come out of it for the past 7 years, I'd tell you. Its mind boggling.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:39 am

gator-nation wrote:
baller01 wrote:

so IA what are you now the NDpreps bully

Bully?  Anything but. I am very strong opinionated, and I am going to express my opinion!  I actually stick up for some of you who will not defend themselves!  If you have an opinion or belief, stick to it, don't change because the majority has changed. 

If you read my post, I am one to not back down and if you are looking for a good ol'fashion debate, you got it!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:43 am

dominationSCS wrote:I don't know if you noticed but all the FW fans are the NDpreps bullies I'd respect their opinion(-IA) if showed some knowledge of basketball outside of that FW has had a good team in for the past 2 years

I do have knowledge of basketball, more than you are giving me credit for, but I am a FW fan and I am going to give my opinions on FW.  I cannot control anyones opinions, they are free to give them.  I agree some opinions are shots in the dark, but you know what!  They are entitled to their opinions!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Swine-O » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:04 am

Thompson - Joe Jones

How many of these are from 2000 and onwards? because 26 college players in 6 years would be pretty impressive. I also said I wasnt including players who have yet to play in college, so mathison wouldnt count.
Tradition Doesn't Graduate
Swine-O
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:13 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
dominationSCS wrote:I don't know if you noticed but all the FW fans are the NDpreps bullies I'd respect their opinion(-IA) if showed some knowledge of basketball outside of that FW has had a good team in for the past 2 years

I do have knowledge of basketball, more than you are giving me credit for, but I am a FW fan and I am going to give my opinions on FW.  I cannot control anyones opinions, they are free to give them.  I agree some opinions are shots in the dark, but you know what!  They are entitled to their opinions!

And them region 7 fans which think region 7 is the best region in the state (which I agree with and am not from region 7) are entitled to there opinion just as much as you are. Please don't tell them to quit talking about region 7 if you feel you have the right to go on about FWs. It works both ways.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys