College Basketball Players

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Swine-O » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:20 am

I've been working on making up a list for all of the college basketball players to come from region 7 in the past few years and i was wondering if any other region in the state has produced as many as region 7 has.

Heres the list:

Tyler Greff (Mott Regent)

Jaden Voth, Jesse Voth (Glen Ulin)

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Peyton Tivis, Derek Pauley (Bowman)

Adam Ottmar (Killdeer)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

And from Dickinson Trinity: Chad Glasser, Joey Steiner, Trevor Ernst, Brady Ernst, Ryan Ernst, Scott Torgersen, Scott Huffman, Matt Ukestad, and Mat Hirst.

I am sure there are a few players that I am missing but these are the ones I remember who went on to play college basketball, not to mention the countless other athletes who came from this region and went on to accel in other sports as well. I am also not including kids who played this season and have yet to play in college or upcoming prospects from region 7. That's 19 overall in the past 7 or 8 years. Any other regions compare to this?????
Last edited by Swine-O on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tradition Doesn't Graduate
Swine-O
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BB11 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:51 am

[user=2711]Swine-O[/user] wrote:
I've been working on making up a list for all of the college basketball players to come from region 7 in the past few years and i was wondering if any other region in the state has produced as many as region 7 has.

Heres the list:

Mike Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

And from Dickinson Trinity: Chad Glasser, Joey Steiner, Trevor Ernst, Brady Ernst, Ryan Ernst, Scott Torgersen, Scott Huffman, Matt Ukestad, and Mat Hirst.

I am sure there are a few players that I am missing but these are the ones I remember who went on to play college basketball, not to mention the countless other athletes who came from this region and went on to accel in other sports as well. I am also not including kids who played this season and have yet to play in college or upcoming prospects from region 7. That's 18 overall in the past 7 or 8 years. Any other regions compare to this?????

Yes - Region 6 has done quite well since the year 2000.

Bottineau - Billy Schaffen, Derek Aus, Kelly Roemmich
Kenmare - Seth Graveson
Berthold - Adam Grant, Taylor Mau
Drake/Anamoose - Justin Ewert
Westhope-Newburg - Anthony Lee, Jordan Cooper
Sherwood - Justin Daley
Glenburn - Tyler Lee, Kevin Thom
Dunseith - Derrick Chase, Clifford Gillis
Surrey - Jeremy Feller
Our Reedemer's - Lance Allerdings, Brady Wheeler
Minot Ryan - Braden Bosch, Mitch Meyer, Bojan Janic
These are just the ones I remember - some played or are playing at juco's - but college basketball is still college basketball. I think A lot of other regions would be very similar. The only region that might be dominant in this area would probably be region 2.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby power-aid14 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:34 am

BB11 wrote:[user=2711]Swine-O[/user] wrote:

Heres the list:

Mike Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

I am sure there are a few players that I am missing but these are the ones I remember who went on to play college basketball, not to mention the countless other athletes who came from this region and went on to accel in other sports as well. I am also not including kids who played this season and have yet to play in college or upcoming prospects from region 7. That's 18 overall in the past 7 or 8 years. Any other regions compare to this?????

Yes - Region 6 has done quite well since the year 2000.

Bottineau - Billy Schaffen, Derek Aus, Kelly Roemmich
Kenmare - Seth Graveson
Berthold - Adam Grant, Taylor Mau
Drake/Anamoose - Justin Ewert
Westhope-Newburg - Anthony Lee, Jordan Cooper
Sherwood - Justin Daley
Glenburn - Tyler Lee, Kevin Thom
Dunseith - Derrick Chase, Clifford Gillis
Surrey - Jeremy Feller
Our Reedemer's - Lance Allerdings, Brady Wheeler
Minot Ryan - Braden Bosch, Mitch Meyer, Bojan Janic
These are just the ones I remember - some played or are playing at juco's - but college basketball is still college basketball. I think A lot of other regions would be very similar. The only region that might be dominant in this area would probably be region 2.

Minot Ryan-kyle pankratz
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby feeshattack » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:41 pm

Swine-O wrote:I've been working on making up a list for all of the college basketball players to come from region 7 in the past few years and i was wondering if any other region in the state has produced as many as region 7 has.

Heres the list:

Mike Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

isnt it Jeff Smith from Hettinger?....
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gmac90 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:27 pm

Swine-O wrote:I've been working on making up a list for all of the college basketball players to come from region 7 in the past few years and i was wondering if any other region in the state has produced as many as region 7 has.

Heres the list:

Mike Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

Don't Pauley and Greff play football at DSU, not basketball?
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:36 pm

From Region 2 -

North Border - Aaron Bonaime, Warren Eagan, Nathan Carrier, Marcus Morrison, Mike Mathison
Park River - Justin Moe, Tyler Moe?
Valley Edinburg - Bryce Laxdal
Fordville-Lankin - Thomas Dryburgh
May-Port CG - Craig Nelson, Kyle Nelson, Travis Kraft, James Baldwin, Luke Lorenz, Steve Trudeau, Tom Jacobson, Matt Swift, Chuck Klabo (i'm pretty sure the last two  played)
Finley Sharon - Chris Reinhart
Thompson - Joe Jones
Hillsboro - Andy Leraas, Ethan Evenson, Shane Vettel
Larimore - Micah Berge, Ryan Opdahl
Central Valley - Jake Foley, Curt Hong

That's 26 players, I'm positive on all but about 2 or 3 of them not sure if they played college basketball.  Mathison, Moe, and Lorenz are all going to play college basketball so thats why they are on this list.  These are all just from the last ten years or so.  Cavalier had some great athletes that decided to play college football instead of basketball such as Brady Trenbeath and Matt Anderson.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:24 am

From MPCG you can add Ben Jacobson and scratch off Chuck Klabo because he played football in college.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby jetblue12 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:31 am

cubsfan wrote:From MPCG you can add Ben Jacobson and scratch off Chuck Klabo because he played football in college.

didnt darren klabo mpcg play?

and doesnt torre tagestead from valley edinburgh play anywhere

i think tyson sondreal from thompson had a brief stint somewhere

also i think the original poster is just doin from recent years so we could take some mpcg 97-98 players off.    - if you dont i think fordville lankin, hatton, northwood had a couple players and the sedlers from griggs had to of played in the late 90's

i know this is strictly basketball but im pretty sure that thompsons 2002 region runner up basketball team had 4-5 guys play college baseball and a couple play football

but anyways region 2 has had a nice run
Last edited by jetblue12 on Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby Swine-O » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:21 am

gmac90 wrote:

Heres the list:

Mike Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

Don't Pauley and Greff play football at DSU, not basketball?

Greff Played a year or two of both basketball and football, and Pauley will play both next year.
Tradition Doesn't Graduate
Swine-O
NDPreps Reserve

Postby letsgosox » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:10 am

Heres the list:

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

adam ottmar from killdeer played 2 years at williston
letsgosox

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:45 am

Heres the list:

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

This is easily in the top three most worthless topics on this site.  Who cares or even wants to keep track of someting like that.  OK, region 7 is the king of HS BB in ND!  Move on.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:51 am

nativegolfer wrote:

Heres the list:

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

This is easily in the top three most worthless topics on this site.  Who cares or even wants to keep track of someting like that.  OK, region 7 is the king of HS BB in ND!  Move on.

not worthless.

if you don't want to hear about it, don't read it.

have a great day.
rep

Postby baller01 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:39 pm

nativegolfer wrote:

Heres the list:

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

Maybe Four Winds fans realize that this is how we feel about them talking about FW:D
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:57 pm

baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Heres the list:

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

Maybe Four Winds fans realize that this is how we feel about them talking about FW:D
When I read comments like that it just motivates me to spout off about FW more, which I have no problem doing.  Thanks for the continued motivation and keep up the good work!  GO INDIANS!!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:20 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Heres the list:

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

When I read comments like that it just motivates me to spout off about FW more, which I have no problem doing.  Thanks for the continued motivation and keep up the good work!  GO INDIANS!!

Then why can't people continue to spout about region 7? It's the same thing. I was just pointing that out to you. You think that region 7 fans talking about region 7 is annoying just like this whole site thinks FWs fans talking about FWs is annoying. Works both ways buddy!
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Yeah thats retarded to call a region 7 topic worthless when all I ever see on this site is "GO 4 WINDS" or "GREAT JOB INDIANS" "INDIAN POWER":headbang:

But I guess 4 winds is the face of class b basketball now a days, let's just call this site "4 winds preps" how would that work for everybody?
project-pat

Postby Roughrider » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:10 pm

baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Heres the list:

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

Then why can't people continue to spout about region 7? It's the same thing. I was just pointing that out to you. You think that region 7 fans talking about region 7 is annoying just like this whole site thinks FWs fans talking about FWs is annoying. Works both ways buddy!

no kidding. the people talking about region seven actually have good reason to talk about Region 7 because they are actually good and have been for quite a few years. The people that are talking about Fourwinds are just talking about what they have seen in just 2 years. they have only been good for two years, maybe when they get to the status of a region 7 then we can talk about them for a while.
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:49 pm

Roughrider wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Heres the list:

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

no kidding. the people talking about region seven actually have good reason to talk about Region 7 because they are actually good and have been for quite a few years. The people that are talking about Fourwinds are just talking about what they have seen in just 2 years. they have only been good for two years, maybe when they get to the status of a region 7 then we can talk about them for a while.
Region 2 has dominated for a long time....and no one talks about them
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:52 pm

Guaranteed Region 2 dominance, GO REGION 2!!!
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Roughrider » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:03 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Guaranteed Region 2 dominance, GO REGION 2!!!

obviously nobody cares too much about them because nobody ever talks about them. i wouldnt get mad even if they did because they have been good over the years
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:11 pm

No I know I'm the only one who's said anything about Region 2 in this topic for the most part it's alright though.  It doesn't take 16 people saying the same thing when the first person to say it makes it obvious enough.  I just wanted to seem like a few other fans of a certain team from this state when I say

GO REGION 2!!! GOOD LUCK GUYS!!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby OilCanBoy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:19 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Heres the list:

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

If I remember correctly someone from FW made a topic called "Just Imagine If Tony Ironheart was Taller."  So how can you call this topic worthless.  That is just the dumbest statement I have ever heard.
OilCanBoy

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:45 pm

Roughrider wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Heres the list:

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

If region 7 is so good then why has only one team come out of there in the last seven years? Sounds to me like one team dominating because no one is giving them any comp.   I don't know why people need to be braggin up one region or another in the first place.  I could give a rats arse how good any other team is in region 4.  All I care about is FW.  Fact I cheer against any region 4 team when they make it to state.   
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:47 pm

OilCanBoy wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Heres the list:

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

If I remember correctly someone from FW made a topic called "Just Imagine If Tony Ironheart was Taller."  So how can you call this topic worthless.  That is just the dumbest statement I have ever heard.

I agree there was no point to that topic.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:48 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
Roughrider wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Heres the list:

Jeff Smith (Hettinger)

Greg Batke (Hazen)

Steele Tescher (Beach)

Josh Messer (Richardton)

If region 7 is so good then why has only one team come out of there in the last seven years? Sounds to me like one team dominating because no one is giving them any comp.   I don't know why people need to be braggin up one region or another in the first place.  I could give a rats arse how good any other team is in region 4.  All I care about is FW.  Fact I cheer against any region 4 team when they make it to state.   

then why do we need to be braggin up 1 TEAM over another? That's all that's ever talked about on this site is 4 winds, let's let something else be discussed for a change, so just leave it be.
project-pat

Next

Return to Boys