Top Sophmores

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baller01 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:04 pm

lightning wrote:ur pretty athletic u close to being able to throw down urself at all

I can get a volleyball. On a good day I can get a basketball down. It's pretty weak but I get it. Hopefully Saturday I'll be loose and be able to get it down.
Last edited by baller01 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lightning » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:14 pm

Dont even say nething i dont wanna hear it.
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby classb_fan00 » Sat May 05, 2007 11:26 am

Where would you put the 25  year old freshman from Hope Paige? I would say top 20
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Sat May 05, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat May 05, 2007 11:35 am

classb_fan00 wrote:Where would you put the 25  year old freshman from Hope Paige? I would say top 20

???
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Sat May 05, 2007 2:14 pm

What is it with the Nelson kid? Why is it such a big deal about his age, the fact is he is a legal sophomore next year and plays a good game- leave the kid alone about his age and judge him on his abilities.  He has nothing to do with when he started school, so leave him alone about his age. There are a ton of " older " sophomores out there ....why pick on this one so much? Just don't see it being an issue with all the others out there just this one....why?
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AandBfan » Sat May 05, 2007 2:56 pm

ClassB-bballfan wrote:What is it with the Nelson kid? Why is it such a big deal about his age, the fact is he is a legal sophomore next year and plays a good game- leave the kid alone about his age and judge him on his abilities.  He has nothing to do with when he started school, so leave him alone about his age. There are a ton of " older " sophomores out there ....why pick on this one so much? Just don't see it being an issue with all the others out there just this one....why?

I don't know about there being a ton of older sophmores, but it's fair to look at him differently when comparing sophmores because most sophmores are probably age 15-16 and i believe he's already 18 or will be turning 18 soon, but i think there are many sophmores better than him anyway i'd put him towards the back of the top 20
AandBfan

Postby Claz B Fan » Sat May 05, 2007 5:06 pm

Throw Riley Streit of Cental Cass into the mix about 6'6 6'7 and still growing moves pretty well and has very soft hands so he can shoot the deep ball
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Sun May 06, 2007 5:59 am

The kid isn't even 17 yet...maybe you should get your facts straight, he is 16 check it out with the school if you want....I know for a fact he is 16 and his birthday is 10-30-1990, it is posted in the school records.  In addition the Streit kid is good too, he has a long way to go but he will be a good ball player, I understand he is playing summer ball this year and that will help him a ton....good luck to all the sophomores out there and just worry about your game and not what all the people who don't know you think! 
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Sun May 06, 2007 6:00 am

One more thing...if the Nelson kid is 18 how will he be playing as a senior then? you can't play if you are that old...I guess time will prove you wrong too!!
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AandBfan » Sun May 06, 2007 7:13 am

Last edited by AandBfan on Sun May 06, 2007 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
AandBfan

Postby cdub1 » Sun May 06, 2007 7:16 am

AandBfan wrote:
ClassB-bballfan wrote:One more thing...if the Nelson kid is 18 how will he be playing as a senior then? you can't play if you are that old...I guess time will prove you wrong too!!

You can't play if you're 18, i guess were gunna have a lot of seniors not being able to play this year then

no i think the guy is saying if he is 18 now he would be 21 his senior year

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsbest44 » Sun May 06, 2007 7:20 am

Mark Baumgartner from Strausberg should be top 5
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby threepointplay » Sun May 06, 2007 7:26 am

ndsbest44 wrote:Mark Baumgartner from Strausberg should be top 5

I agree with Baumgartner also Randall and Morrey
threepointplay
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Sun May 06, 2007 9:17 am

You are right that is what I meant...if he is 18 now then he won't be playing as a senior because he will be too old, and I can guarentee he will be playing his senior year and that he is only 16. Still don't understand what the big deal is except that people don't have their facts straight about the kid.  He is a 16 yr old freshman...so what. There are a lot of them out there...why pick on this one in particular?  I don't get it. I know he looks older and everything but the truth is the truth and he is 16. 
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Sun May 06, 2007 9:35 am

ClassB-bballfan wrote:You are right that is what I meant...if he is 18 now then he won't be playing as a senior because he will be too old, and I can guarentee he will be playing his senior year and that he is only 16. Still don't understand what the big deal is except that people don't have their facts straight about the kid.  He is a 16 yr old freshman...so what. There are a lot of them out there...why pick on this one in particular?  I don't get it. I know he looks older and everything but the truth is the truth and he is 16. 

is the kid good?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguy2 » Sun May 06, 2007 1:58 pm

cdub1 wrote:
ClassB-bballfan wrote:You are right that is what I meant...if he is 18 now then he won't be playing as a senior because he will be too old, and I can guarentee he will be playing his senior year and that he is only 16. Still don't understand what the big deal is except that people don't have their facts straight about the kid.  He is a 16 yr old freshman...so what. There are a lot of them out there...why pick on this one in particular?  I don't get it. I know he looks older and everything but the truth is the truth and he is 16. 

is the kid good?

Nothing special
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sun May 06, 2007 3:15 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:Where would you put the 25  year old freshman from Hope Paige? I would say top 20
First off....if your going to diss a kid.....at least spell the town right....it' HOPE PAGE, and actually the whole team name is FSHP.....so...good one.....and another thing he's not 25...I am not sure on his age but i know he's not 18 yet....I would put him in the top 10 from what i've seen.....give him some time to develop....because he works on his game in the off season, and FSHP returns basically their whole team....so watch out for them next year to compete for the District 2 and Region 1 title's.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby AandBfan » Sun May 06, 2007 4:32 pm

The Schwab wrote:
First off....if your going to diss a kid.....at least spell the town right....it' HOPE PAGE, and actually the whole team name is FSHP.....so...good one.....and another thing he's not 25...I am not sure on his age but i know he's not 18 yet....I would put him in the top 10 from what i've seen.....give him some time to develop....because he works on his game in the off season, and FSHP returns basically their whole team....so watch out for them next year to compete for the District 2 and Region 1 title's.
You're right give him some time to develop, reach legal drinking age (shouldn't be long), he'll be dominant as a 20 year old senior
AandBfan

Postby The Schwab » Sun May 06, 2007 5:12 pm

AandBfan wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
You're right give him some time to develop, reach legal drinking age (shouldn't be long), he'll be dominant as a 20 year old senior
and as someone stated above...his Birthday is 10-30-1990...which makes him 16
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby classb_fan00 » Sun May 06, 2007 5:27 pm

The Schwab wrote:
AandBfan wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
and as someone stated above...his Birthday is 10-30-1990...which makes him 16
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Mon May 07, 2007 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys