Best Class "B" Shooters

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby BBall dominator » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:47 pm

kobe4mvp wrote:Mathew Belgarde of Dunseith could flat out shoot the ball back in his day I mean the guy could shoot the 3, mid range, the running jumpers, I mean the guy would fade back and hit shots from all over the court.

he was good another sad story of an excellent player just not making good decisions
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_Coach » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:02 pm

sodadrinker wrote:jay tweed and evan benifeld

Tweed was an amazing shot, he was one of my all time favorites to watch.

Benifeld: It seemed like he never missed, he was exteremly clutch the last minute of the championship game against Bottineau, that little basline jumper to tie it.

An name for some of the older folks, Kent Tesch from Cathay
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsmarketing20 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:21 pm

you ever seen charlie taylor from edgeley.   i think he shot 65% from three point range last year. it seemed like he never missed.
sportsmarketing20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Free Hugs » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:44 pm

Evan Martell

Free Hugs

Postby sportsmarketing20 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:35 pm

Free Hugs wrote:Evan Martell

yeh right!! tell me ur jokin?
sportsmarketing20
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:40 pm

sportsmarketing20 wrote:

well if its Evan Martell from Wishek then he is obviously joking, but who knows maybe there is a different Evan Martell?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsmarketing20 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:48 am

baseball wrote:
sportsmarketing20 wrote:

well if its Evan Martell from Wishek then he is obviously joking, but who knows maybe there is a different Evan Martell?

yeh if he's talkin from wishek than he must be on crack!!!
sportsmarketing20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Free Hugs » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:21 pm

sportsmarketing20 wrote:
baseball wrote:
sportsmarketing20 wrote:

yeh if he's talkin from wishek than he must be on crack!!!

haha ya there was a little sarcaism there
Free Hugs

Postby chuckles noris » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:45 pm

ADAM BURCKHARD
chuckles noris
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:01 am

#1, hands down, Steve Blehm. End of discussion. Only real player on his team, defenses double and triple-teamed him, and he still scored 50 a game.

#2 - John Rygg. Quick release, pure shooting form, excellent range. And a pest on defense, too!!!

#3 - Bill McLean, class of '68, Hillsboro. Pure, sweet shooting form, unlimited range, over 50% from field. He played before the 3-point arc was created but he was well behind the arc for many of his shots. And for Ed Beyer to let someone shoot from that far out......well......you know he had to be good!!!!
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:30 am

[user=4266]Hinsa[/user] wrote:
#1, hands down, Steve Blehm. End of discussion. Only real player on his team, defenses double and triple-teamed him, and he still scored 50 a game.

#2 - John Rygg. Quick release, pure shooting form, excellent range. And a pest on defense, too!!!

#3 - Bill McLean, class of '68, Hillsboro. Pure, sweet shooting form, unlimited range, over 50% from field. He played before the 3-point arc was created but he was well behind the arc for many of his shots. And for Ed Beyer to let someone shoot from that far out......well......you know he had to be good!!!!

No Todd Olson??? - Best shot I've seen out of North Dakota. Not desputing your first two - but Olson's got to be in top 3
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:20 pm

You could convince me on Todd Olson. He was a heckuva shooter. I was just throwing out a name from past years and giving an old schooler some props....
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:29 am

[user=4266]Hinsa[/user] wrote:
You could convince me on Todd Olson. He was a heckuva shooter. I was just throwing out a name from past years and giving an old schooler some props....

Nothing wrong with that - glad you brought up Rygg though - as he should be mentioned with this topic.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:41 am

Steve Sedler
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby straightballer » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:22 am

Austin Dufault. Great shooter. you cant stop him he is 6'7" and shoots the three a a very high percentage. Maybe not the best ever but definately up there.
straightballer

Postby fb fan 4 life » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:10 pm

Steve Holen from DLB could flat out shoot the rock. I believe he avg. 30+ a game and still holds the record for most points in a game at MSU. He is from the early 90s.
fb fan 4 life

Re: Best Class

Postby burtonman09 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:11 pm

Cory Samson is a great shooter, from Oak grove. this kid can stroke it.
burtonman09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nadal11 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:29 pm

I'm sorry but if you dont think steve blehm is one of the top 3 shooters of all time, you have to be crazy! Over 3 thousand points! Could shoot from anywhere anytime! You'd had to see him play back in the day.
nadal11

Re:

Postby Tu-Big » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:50 pm

ND_Coach wrote:

Benifeld: It seemed like he never missed, he was exteremly clutch the last minute of the championship game against Bottineau, that little basline jumper to tie it.

Benifeld didnt even play the last minutes of the ship, he fouled out earlier in the game.
Tu-Big

Re: Re:

Postby BB11 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:30 am

Tu-Big wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:

Benifeld didnt even play the last minutes of the ship, he fouled out earlier in the game.

He fouled out in overtime - he made the last second shot to put the game into overtime.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby 7-11 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:46 pm

"Kent Tesch" of Cathay: You dated yourself, so I am now too. He had an amazingly accurate pull up jumper at 15' at the elbow in those long ago games, and was deadly off the pick with his shot. I likened him alot to Steve Blehm from School for the Deaf, and we all know how many points he could score.
7-11

Postby the next coming » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:00 pm

there are alot of great shooters this yr but austin dufault sticks out the most when i hear best shooters, i mean hes 6'8 and not to many 6'8 players can shoot as good as he does
the next coming

Re:

Postby the next coming » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:03 pm

straightballer wrote:Austin Dufault. Great shooter. you cant stop him he is 6'7" and shoots the three a a very high percentage. Maybe not the best ever but definately up there.

i agree with that he is a force of his own
the next coming

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:40 pm

the next coming wrote:there are alot of great shooters this yr but austin dufault sticks out the most when i hear best shooters, i mean hes 6'8 and not to many 6'8 players can shoot as good as he does

That is definitely impressive that with his height he is still able to hit three's the way he does. Is he more of a set shooter or jump shooter, i haven't got to see him play before so I'm not sure. More and more now you see the big guys stepping back to at least mid-range and very often the three point line and confidently hitting the shots. I've also seen a lot of guards 6 ft. and under go down to the post and score effectively, the game is becoming so much more all around now for players it makes it much more fun to watch.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Luke_J32 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:55 pm

As long as were talking older players I would have to go with Robert Eaglestaff from Fort Yates. I think he is like top 3 in scoring all time and he didn't have a three point line. If there was a Three point line he would have probably would be number one. He went on to play at BYU but then transfered to UND after he had knee troubles, he was amazing I've seen videos of him.
Luke_J32

PreviousNext

Return to Boys