Best Class "B" Shooters

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby project-pat » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:15 am

fruit snack wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:brian gregory from fessenden

hahaha what a joke......got the most ugly shot ever

That doesn't matter if it's ugly, if it goes in, it's a good shot.
project-pat

Postby fruit snack » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:18 am

project-pat wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

hes like 50....i seen him play in dl this weekend, i only seen him make 1 out of like 30
fruit snack

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:00 pm

fruit snack wrote:
project-pat wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

hes like 50....i seen him play in dl this weekend, i only seen him make 1 out of like 30
Well that doesn't mean he didn't have a good shot in HS.  Project-pat is right this isn't about the nicest shot form on this topic so if it went it, it was a good shot.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:29 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
project-pat wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

Well that doesn't mean he didn't have a good shot in HS.  Project-pat is right this isn't about the nicest shot form on this topic so if it went it, it was a good shot.

except fruit snack is lying he wasnt even paying attention during the game and he made probably around 20 threes out of about 30 in the game we watched.  fruit snack just trys making everyone on this website mad including the people that know him and if hes not careful everyone on the site will find out who he is real quick
Last edited by sodadrinker on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ghetto*revival » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:13 am

baller01 wrote:Two words... Dan Schwab.

i jus saw a pic of dan schwab yesterday i was amazed on how athletic he looks
ghetto*revival

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:26 am

project-pat wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

hey pp, your avatar is from the movie goonies right?  What did they call that again- the truffle shuffle or something like that?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:10 am

ghetto*revival wrote:

Hey, you don't have to be able to walk and chew gum to be able to shoot. Dan was lights out from behind the arc.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gator-nation » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:17 pm

ryan ernst from dickinson trinity was a pretty decent shooter.
gator-nation

Postby project-pat » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:18 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:
project-pat wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

hey pp, your avatar is from the movie goonies right?  What did they call that again- the truffle shuffle or something like that?

haha chea, it's from the best movie alive, the goonies, and yes its the truffle shuffle.
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:19 pm

gator-nation wrote:ryan ernst from dickinson trinity was a pretty decent shooter.

PERFECT EXAMPLE of what I said earlier. This kid has the ugliest form i've ever seen, but he is one great shooter.
project-pat

Postby gator-nation » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:28 pm

project-pat wrote:
gator-nation wrote:ryan ernst from dickinson trinity was a pretty decent shooter.

PERFECT EXAMPLE of what I said earlier. This kid has the ugliest form i've ever seen, but he is one great shooter.

and thats pretty much all he did is shoot but he knocked most of them down
gator-nation

Postby baseball » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:47 pm

baller01 wrote:
ghetto*revival wrote:

Hey, you don't have to be able to walk and chew gum to be able to shoot. Dan was lights out from behind the arc.

this is true, he was probaly the 12th best defender on the 12 man varsity team but his job was to sit in the corner and burn the defense when his guy sagged in to help.  wasnt the most difficult guy to defend but he was always ready to shoot
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:51 pm

baseball wrote:
baller01 wrote:
ghetto*revival wrote:

this is true, he was probaly the 12th best defender on the 12 man varsity team but his job was to sit in the corner and burn the defense when his guy sagged in to help.  wasnt the most difficult guy to defend but he was always ready to shoot

I'd say Coach Olson was a better defender too....
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:53 pm

baller01 wrote:
baseball wrote:
baller01 wrote:
ghetto*revival wrote:

wouldnt doubt it, not gonna beat anyone in a foot race, not gonna stop ya defensivley, not gonna break ya down offensively.....but if you wanna play Horse, he'll play haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:01 pm

baseball wrote:
baller01 wrote:
baseball wrote:
baller01 wrote:
ghetto*revival wrote:

wouldnt doubt it, not gonna beat anyone in a foot race, not gonna stop ya defensivley, not gonna break ya down offensively.....but if you wanna play Horse, he'll play haha

He's not much for 1 on 1 games though. Probably cause if you put a hand up in his face he can't do much anything else.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:50 am

[user=1515]baller01[/user] wrote:
[user=508]baseball[/user] wrote:
[quote="baller01"][quote="ghetto*revival"][quote="baller01"]Two words... Dan Schwab.

Hey, you don't have to be able to walk and chew gum to be able to shoot. Dan was lights out from behind the arc.[/quote]
this is true, he was probaly the 12th best defender on the 12 man varsity team but his job was to sit in the corner and burn the defense when his guy sagged in to help.  wasnt the most difficult guy to defend but he was always ready to shoot[/quote]
I'd say Coach Olson was a better defender too....[/quote]

These comments from baseball remind of the Seinfeld episode featuring "Jimmy".
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby freak722 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:57 am

gator-nation wrote:
project-pat wrote:

and thats pretty much all he did is shoot but he knocked most of them down

I disagree. I played with Ernst my whole life, he has one of the most fundamentlly sound shots I have seen out of anyone I've played with or against. And obviously it worked out, Trinity probably wouldnt have won state last year if it wasnt for him.
freak722
NDPreps Reserve

Postby teamball » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:19 pm

I don't know why you people knock this Ernst  kid. If all he did was shoot 3's he should have been very easy to stop. Just don't let catch the ball and when he does be in his face. Yet nobody stopped him.

In fact in his last 5 games against what should have been 5 of the best teams still playing he did very well. Against Killdeer in the regional he scored 23. Against Bowman in the championship He scored 21. Against Minot Ryan 19, Four winds 23 and MPCG 9. Thats a 19 point average while his regular season average was only 16. And I thing in those same games everybody he guarded was held below their season average(I'm not positive but I think I'm right).

Plus in all but the last game he scored more then the other teams 2 leading scorers combined.

To say he had an ugly shot or could only shoot 3's and couldn't play defense is a big insult to those five teams mentioned above because they sure couldn't stop him.
Last edited by teamball on Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teamball

Postby Swine-O » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:35 pm

teamball wrote:I don't know why you people knock this Ernst  kid. If all he did was shoot 3's he should have been very easy to stop. Just don't let catch the ball and when he does be in his face. Yet nobody stopped him.

In fact in his last 5 games against what should have been 5 of the best teams still playing he did very well. Against Killdeer in the regional he scored 23. Against Bowman in the championship He scored 21. Against Minot Ryan 19, Four winds 23 and MPCG 9. Thats a 19 point average while his regular season average was only 16. And I thing in those same games everybody he guarded was held below their season average(I'm not positive but I think I'm right).

Plus in all but the last game he scored more then the other teams 2 leading scorers combined.

To say he had an ugly shot or could only shoot 3's and couldn't play defense is a big insult to those five teams mentioned above because they sure couldn't stop him.

AMEN
Tradition Doesn't Graduate
Swine-O
NDPreps Reserve

Postby andy_7 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:42 pm

Brian Hauff from Drake/Anamoose could shoot the lights out in the early 90's.  Too bad he liked track to much to play basketball in college.
andy_7

Postby project-pat » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:44 pm

um...I said the kid was an EXCELLENT shooter, explain to me how that's bashing him
project-pat

Postby Swine-O » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:01 pm

You also said he has ugly form, Whats wrong with his form? He's got one of the nicest shots ive seen.
Tradition Doesn't Graduate
Swine-O
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:05 pm

Swine-O wrote:You also said he has ugly form, Whats wrong with his form? He's got one of the nicest shots ive seen.

He kinda just chucks it up there, but it goes in, so IT DOESN'T MATTER, stupid argument
project-pat

Postby grizz » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:26 pm

His shot wasnt the greatest but it wasnt ugly by any means. He actually did have a pretty nice touch on the ball.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:04 am

Alright alright it doesn't matter what his form is this is just a topic for a good shooter.  So I will name another good shooter, Justin Rowe of the North Border Bandits was a great shooter back in the day.  Other ones from recent years are Casey Nelson from Thompson, Dustin Klath of MPCG, and Jake Foley of CV.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys