Why are some schools always good while others struggle every

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby project-pat » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:10 pm

lightning wrote:it is simple the reason some schools are good year after year. COACHING...EX. Linton dan carr is there he is amazing truly

Example....Gregg Grinsteinerr, DT
project-pat

Postby run-n-gun » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:12 pm

lightning wrote:it is simple the reason some schools are good year after year. COACHING...EX. Linton dan carr is there he is amazing truly

Exactly, same with teams like Trinity and Mayport CG. Their coaches have been their for years and we've all seen the results.
run-n-gun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby busch3434 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:15 pm

project-pat wrote:
klg_11 wrote:
project-pat wrote:
NDinPHX wrote:
project-pat wrote:It mostly depends on work ethic. There are some schools that have students that are just in sports for a good time, but other schools have kids that actually work at it to get where they are, and kids below them follow their example and want to be successful as well.

So "Positive Peer Pressure" is a contributing factor.  How does one build to success from a place where it is rarely seen?

I think there needs to be a select group of kids that have the will power to start something special.

also coach plays a big role, conditioning the kids and mentally preparing them, but the kids have got to want to play.

exactly

yep, my coach the final two years act far too much like a child as far as i'm concerned.  we weren't much of a basketball school, 15 win season was good for us which we got 14 my senior season, but that was all starters were seniors and we played together since fifth grade......so the coaching has alot to do with it
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys