Jamestown Sun All-Area Team

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baller01 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:55 pm

[url=mailto:kaleno@jamestownsun.com]Kalen Ost[/url], The Jamestown Sun

The Jamestown Sun

A pair of Mr. Basketball finalists highlight this year’s Jamestown Sun All-Area team for Class B boys’ basketball.

Mark Bakkum and Tony Ironheart, the respective Region 3 and Region 4 senior players of the year, were named to the team along with Ben Holen, Beau Sizer and Logan Carlblom. Ironheart was also named the state’s co-senior player of the year, along with May-Port CG’s Luke Lorenz.

Mark Bakkum, a senior from Steele-Dawson, finished his career named the Region 3 senior player of the year and was a Mr. Basketball finalist. Bakkum posted 24 points, 8.9 rebounds, 8.1 assists and over three steals a game this season. He finished his career with 1,687 points, 560 assists and 216 three-pointers made. He leaves Steele-Dawson as the school’s all-time leading scorer and set the school’s single-game three-pointers made mark with nine in one game.

Ben Holen, a junior from LaMoure, averaged 17.1 points, 4.2 assists and 3.1 steals for the Loboes this season while shooting 47.3 percent from behind the three-point arc (43-for-91).

Beau Sizer, a senior from Barnes County North, averaged a double-double for the second consecutive season. He finished this season posting 26 points, 13.2 rebounds, 1.1 steals and 1 block a night. Sizer, finished his career with 1,486 points, 676 rebounds, 83 steals, 110 assists and 55 blocks and owns records at BCN for single-season scoring, single-season rebounding and single-game scoring.

Tony Ironheart, a senior from Four Winds, finished his career as the school’s all-time leading scorer. Ironheart averaged 22.5 points, 8.9 assists, 5.6 rebounds and 3.2 steals a game this season for the Indians, who claimed the consolation championship at the state Class B boys’ basketball tournament.

Logan Carlblom, a junior from Lisbon, averaged 15.2 points and 6.6 rebounds this season while collecting 39 blocks and 26 steals. The Broncos held the top ranking in the state for much of the latter half of the season.

The Sun All-Area Second Team includes:

r Chad Weigel, senior, Napoleon. Weigel averaged 19.6 points a game in helping lead the Imperials to a fourth-place finish at the Region 3 tournament.

r Scott Tweed, senior, Wells County. Tweed averaged 17.6 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.8 steals this season.

r R.J. Darling, senior, Minnewaukan-Leeds. Darling averaged 18.1 points, 5.0 rebounds, 4 assists and 3.3 steals a game, playing mostly on one leg this season.

r Justin Purintun, sophomore, Linton. Purintun averaged 18.9 points a game this season for the Lions, while grabbing 5.0 rebounds, handing out 3.2 assists and swiping 1.4 steals a game.

r Caleb Shockman, junior, LaMoure. Shockman posted 15.3 points per game and 8.1 rebounds, while blocking 2.3 shots per night for the Loboes.

r Reed Ystaas, junior, New Rockford-Sheyenne. Ystaas averaged 13.2 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.1 steals 1.1 blocks and 2.1 assists this season.

r Garrett Harding, senior, Midkota. Harding averaged 15.7 points, 5.2 rebounds and nearly a steal per game this season.

r Layne Schmidt, senior, Central Prairie. Schmidt averaged 13.4 points per game this season.

r Kris Skadberg, senior, Carrington. Skadberg averaged 12.2 points, 6.6 rebounds, 1.5 steals, 1.1 blocks and 1.8 assists this season.

r Bryan Krahler, senior, Wells County. Krahler averaged 15 points, 8.6 rebounds, 2.7 steals 1.6 blocks and 2.9 assists this season.
Last edited by baller01 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguy2 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:28 pm

anybody know what area this covers?
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:31 pm

sportsguy2 wrote:anybody know what area this covers?

the jamestown area.......sorry I couldnt resist
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:32 pm

Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page, Lisbon, Maple Valley, Oakes, Dakota Prairie, Griggs County Central, Ashley, BCN, Central Prairie, Edgeley, Ellendale, HMB, Kulm, Lamoure, Linton, LMM, Napoleon, PBK, Steele-Dawson, Strasburg-Zeeland, Tappen, Wing, Wishek, Carrington, Wells County, Four Winds, Harvey, Lakota, Maddock, Minneaukan-Leeds, New Rockford-sheyenne and Warwick
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:35 pm

baller01 wrote:

Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page, Lisbon, Maple Valley, Oakes, Dakota Prairie, Griggs County Central, Ashley, BCN, Central Prairie, Edgeley, Ellendale, HMB, Kulm, Lamoure, Linton, LMM, Napoleon, PBK, Steele-Dawson, Strasburg-Zeeland, Tappen, Wing, Wishek, Carrington, Wells County, Four Winds, Harvey, Lakota, Maddock, Minneaukan-Leeds, New Rockford-sheyenne and Warwick

jeez baller, your on top of everything
project-pat

Postby baller01 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:23 pm

project-pat wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Community service man, community service, haha.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballer2 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:27 pm

baller01 wrote:
project-pat wrote:
baller01 wrote:

just follow ur idol and ull be ok
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:31 pm

baller01 wrote: Ironheart was also named the state’s co-senior player of the year, along with May-Port CG’s Luke Lorenz.

If i am not mistaken, wasnt Nate Packineau the Co-Senior of the year????
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:03 pm

i dont see how Lorenz gets on there, not that hes bad, but hes not really in the "jamestown area"???
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby dodgerfan » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:12 pm

yeah and four winds in close to jamestown too right?
dodgerfan

Postby baseball » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:21 pm

dodgerfan wrote:yeah and four winds in close to jamestown too right?

Mayville- Jamestown   152 miles

Fort Totten - Jamestown    86 miles

yea its a little closer....and does jamestwon even do region 2 games?  i know they do region 1,3,4
Last edited by baseball on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wildcat » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:14 pm

baseball wrote:i dont see how Lorenz gets on there, not that hes bad, but hes not really in the "jamestown area"???

He's not on the team, he was just mentioned as being the co-senior athlete of the year.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:54 am

bballer2 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
project-pat wrote:
baller01 wrote:

just follow ur idol and ull be ok

Will do Shemp, will do.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Opie11 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:32 am

BballFan1307 wrote:
baller01 wrote: Ironheart was also named the state’s co-senior player of the year, along with May-Port CG’s Luke Lorenz.

I'm pretty sure about that one too.  At least it was Nathaniel they announced at the state tourney.
Opie11

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:49 am

IMO if this team really covers FSHP, then Dillan Ostrom deserves to be on this team:
15.3 pts per game
9.5 boards per game
3.6 assists per game
1.5 steals per game

Just my opinion
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguy2 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:11 am

The Schwab wrote:IMO if this team really covers FSHP, then Dillan Ostrom deserves to be on this team:
15.3 pts per game
9.5 boards per game
3.6 assists per game
1.5 steals per game

Just my opinion

theres always a few people deserving that didn't make it but the tough part is to figure out who to take off. I think he did a pretty good job picking it.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:14 am

sportsguy2 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:IMO if this team really covers FSHP, then Dillan Ostrom deserves to be on this team:
15.3 pts per game
9.5 boards per game
3.6 assists per game
1.5 steals per game

Just my opinion

theres always a few people deserving that didn't make it but the tough part is to figure out who to take off. I think he did a pretty good job picking it.

I THINK it includes FSHP. Not postive, but I'm pretty certain it does. Who would you take off the list though if you were to add him? You can only have 10 second teamers so...
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:26 am

baller01 wrote:
sportsguy2 wrote:
15.3 pts per game
9.5 boards per game
3.6 assists per game
1.5 steals per game

Just my opinion

I THINK it includes FSHP. Not postive, but I'm pretty certain it does. Who would you take off the list though if you were to add him? You can only have 10 second teamers so...
on numbers alone...the kid from central prarie is who i would take off
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguy2 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:30 am

The Schwab wrote:
baller01 wrote:
sportsguy2 wrote:
15.3 pts per game
9.5 boards per game
3.6 assists per game
1.5 steals per game

Just my opinion

on numbers alone...the kid from central prarie is who i would take off

i would have to agree with you on that...
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Aaronih » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:41 am

Opie11 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

I'm pretty sure about that one too.  At least it was Nathaniel they announced at the state tourney.

I know wat they said at state but this guy knows who the real co-senior of the yr was Ironheart...finally a person w/basketball knowledge..lol oh yea
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:58 am

Aaronih wrote:
Opie11 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

I know wat they said at state but this guy knows who the real co-senior of the yr was Ironheart...finally a person w/basketball knowledge..lol oh yea
obviously this sports reporter doesnt have as much basketball knowledge as you say.......because as much as you think he got hosed on the Senior P.O.Y award....Tony didnt win it.....that's a pretty big misprint.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:09 am

SCC wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
Aaronih wrote:
Opie11 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

obviously this sports reporter doesnt have as much basketball knowledge as you say.......because as much as you think he got hosed on the Senior P.O.Y award....Tony didnt win it.....that's a pretty big misprint.

Mistakes happen...  I've seen worse at other newspapers.
i'm not bashing the guy for making the mistake....i'm getting sick and tired of hearing on here everyday how Tony Ironheart got hosed.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Aaronih » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:53 am

AMEN WE ALL KNOW HOW GOOD HE IS..NICE POST..
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:46 am

The Schwab wrote:
Aaronih wrote:
Opie11 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

i still rank hotzler's lede this past fall talking about how some high school quarterback and wide receiver were reminisant of daunte culpepper and randy moss circa 1998 as a bigger misprint. (culpepper wasn't drafted until 1999 and got into one game his rookie year before starting all 16 in 2000.)
rep

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:06 pm

according to the stats, ostrom was better than the last 5 guys on that list
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys