Mr Basketball 08

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby balla45 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:34 pm

baseball wrote:if its all about media coverage, Dufault gets it every time.  if you have to go out and prove like some say, which i think he still should but he will, why didnt belhovek win it.  Qvale had a good senior year, but when is the last time a guy did what belohvek did??  every night he could go out and score at will.  but i konw exactly what people are going to say..."he did make it to state".  exactly why the award is a joke.  a guy has a great year but doenst win an award just because some teams were better then his?

You could argue that Belohlavek deserved to win Mr. Basketball, but if you look purely on numbers, Belohlavek led the state in scoring and steals, but, Qvale led the state or was near the top in rebounds, blocks, and field goal percentage.  Head to head, Belohlavek scored 43, 51, and 33? against Williston, while Qvale had games of 25 points, 10+ rebounds, and 7 blocks, 32 points, 13 rebounds, and 5 blocks (and he fouled out), and a game of 28 points, 18 rebounds, and 7 blocks.  Now if you really think about it, does Belohlavek's scoring and steals beat Qvale's scoring, rebounding, and shotblocking ability?  It is just a matter of opinion, but to say Qvale only won Mr. Basketball because he was tall or because he signed Division 1 or because his team made it to state is rediculous, in my opinion.
Last edited by balla45 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:58 pm

balla45 wrote:
baseball wrote:if its all about media coverage, Dufault gets it every time.  if you have to go out and prove like some say, which i think he still should but he will, why didnt belhovek win it.  Qvale had a good senior year, but when is the last time a guy did what belohvek did??  every night he could go out and score at will.  but i konw exactly what people are going to say..."he did make it to state".  exactly why the award is a joke.  a guy has a great year but doenst win an award just because some teams were better then his?

You could argue that Belohlavek deserved to win Mr. Basketball, but if you look purely on numbers, Belohlavek led the state in scoring and steals, but, Qvale led the state or was near the top in rebounds, blocks, and field goal percentage.  Head to head, Belohlavek scored 43, 51, and 33? against Williston, while Qvale had games of 25 points, 10+ rebounds, and 7 blocks, 32 points, 13 rebounds, and 5 blocks (and he fouled out), and a game of 28 points, 18 rebounds, and 7 blocks.  Now if you really think about it, does Belohlavek's scoring and steals beat Qvale's scoring, rebounding, and shotblocking ability?  It is just a matter of opinion, but to say Qvale only won Mr. Basketball because he was tall or because he signed Division 1 or because his team made it to state is rediculous, in my opinion.

im agreeing with you that Qvale did deserve the award as did Kick and Belohavek in my opinion, there was no wrong winner last year.  but if Dufault doesnt win it this year, then the wrong person did...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:17 pm

baseball wrote:im agreeing with you that Qvale did deserve the award as did Kick and Belohavek in my opinion, there was no wrong winner last year.  but if Dufault doesnt win it this year, then the wrong person did...

You are missing my main point.  You can't give Dufault the award before the season starts.  That is how Mr. Basketball would become a joke, it isn't a joke if a different players wins it, IF that player has a better season that Dufault.  If Martinez gets 40 points, 17 rebounds, 19 assists, 11 steals, and 14 blocks per game(I am exaggerating any realistic stats just to show you what I am saying)he deserves Mr. Basketball.  Dufault still has to earn it just like every other player has, and I still think he will win Mr. Basketball.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:02 am

balla45 wrote:
baseball wrote:im agreeing with you that Qvale did deserve the award as did Kick and Belohavek in my opinion, there was no wrong winner last year.  but if Dufault doesnt win it this year, then the wrong person did...

You are missing my main point.  You can't give Dufault the award before the season starts.  That is how Mr. Basketball would become a joke, it isn't a joke if a different players wins it, IF that player has a better season that Dufault.  If Martinez gets 40 points, 17 rebounds, 19 assists, 11 steals, and 14 blocks per game(I am exaggerating any realistic stats just to show you what I am saying)he deserves Mr. Basketball.  Dufault still has to earn it just like every other player has, and I still think he will win Mr. Basketball.

yea but my main point is that it shouldnt be a season award....it should be a career award.  they already have player of the year in class A and B so why make another one.  if there going to do who has the best year why not do what other states do and make it an award any player can win regardless of class.  im not saying the award is a joke because the wrong people win, im saying its a joke in general
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:04 am

baseball wrote:
balla45 wrote:

yea but my main point is that it shouldnt be a season award....it should be a career award.  they already have player of the year in class A and B so why make another one.  if there going to do who has the best year why not do what other states do and make it an award any player can win regardless of class.  im not saying the award is a joke because the wrong people win, im saying its a joke in general

I don't think it should be a career award, but I completely agree with you that any person, regardless of class, should be able to be nominated and win.  The award is slightly dimished when the juniors are better than the seniors and can't win the award.  Mertens for example, should have been up for Mr. Basketball as a junior.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:08 am

the only reason i can understand why they do it for just seniors is to prevent repeat winners.  but Mr. Basketball is supposed to be the best basketball player in the state.  what i shouldve said is either make it a career award OR open it up to any player regardless of age.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:14 am

baseball wrote:the only reason i can understand why they do it for just seniors is to prevent repeat winners.  but Mr. Basketball is supposed to be the best basketball player in the state.  what i shouldve said is either make it a career award OR open it up to any player regardless of age.

I like the idea of a repeat winner, that is how legends are made.  It would be pretty impressive if a player was able to say, "I won Mr. Basketball three years in a row."

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:29 am

thats why i dont like the award, too many things wrong with it
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Re: Mr Basketball 08

Postby jtdc492 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:11 pm

Jamie Mauch or Austin Dufault
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Re:

Postby ND Sports Fan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:38 pm

balla45 wrote:
baseball wrote:the only reason i can understand why they do it for just seniors is to prevent repeat winners. but Mr. Basketball is supposed to be the best basketball player in the state. what i shouldve said is either make it a career award OR open it up to any player regardless of age.

I like the idea of a repeat winner, that is how legends are made. It would be pretty impressive if a player was able to say, "I won Mr. Basketball three years in a row."

I totally agree with you on this. You see all the time during college ball games that this guy was the "2 time winner of Mr. Basketball in the state of Indiana", or that someone else was "3 time player of the year in Louisiana". If you're going to pick the best player in the state, there will be times when that kid is not a Senior. Give the award to the best player, period.
ND Sports Fan

Postby KBFAN33 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:17 am

RUDY YOUNGBIRD FROM PARSHALL WILL BE A HIGH PICK TO GET THE MR. BASKETBALL AWARD!
KBFAN33
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4life » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:43 pm

KBFAN33 wrote:RUDY YOUNGBIRD FROM PARSHALL WILL BE A HIGH PICK TO GET THE MR. BASKETBALL AWARD!

Um... no he wont!
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:41 pm

KBFAN33 wrote:RUDY YOUNGBIRD FROM PARSHALL WILL BE A HIGH PICK TO GET THE MR. BASKETBALL AWARD!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha....oooh you crack me up :lol:
project-pat

Postby PA42 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:54 pm

You have to admit youngbird is a very impressive player who can do a lot of things on the court.
PA42

Postby adriana » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:57 pm

horne98 wrote:You have to admit youngbird is a very impressive player who can do a lot of things on the court.

But Mr. Basketball!?... :roll:
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby thundercat 99 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:58 pm

not good enough to win Mr. Basketball, though
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby the next coming » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:41 pm

ndpreps wrote:Only 2 players in Class B basketball come to my mind of getting nominated for Mr. Basketball next year Jamie Mauch and Austin Dufault.  I really think that one of them could even win it next year.

dufault will win it hands down hes got a good lookin future in front of him .
the next coming

Postby the next coming » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:44 pm

project-pat wrote:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha....oooh you crack me up :lol:

haha that might be true he is good but he is definatly not good enough to get mr basketball.
the next coming

Postby the next coming » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:44 pm

project-pat wrote:

haha he might be goood but he is not good enough to win mr basketball
the next coming

Re:

Postby the next coming » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:41 pm

project-pat wrote:Dufault will win it, GUARANTEED, quote me on it

i agree dufault will win it
the next coming

Postby old lineman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:00 pm

If Killdeer gets a ESPN to build a broadcast booth at Bender Chevrolet Austin wins Hands down. The kid is smooth. The media will favor Bismarck or Fargo, so if Austin is to get it he will have to put up big numbers more often than an equal player from Fargo or any place that has more people than cows. Good luck Austin.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:20 am

Austin Dufault is going to take home the trophy, i mean he's only of the highly recruited class b basketball players of all time
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikes123 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:58 am

Well qvale got it last year for Williston so it's going to be a Class B player this year so i'm going with Dufault. Otherwise it would be Elgie!
vikes123

Postby baseball » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:10 pm

vikes123 wrote:Well qvale got it last year for Williston so it's going to be a Class B player this year so i'm going with Dufault. Otherwise it would be Elgie!

whats your theory with that? its class b's turn in the 14 year rotation to get or what? that makes no sense, qvale got it last year so this year its a b player....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby the next coming » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:39 pm

yea i dont no wat he means by that but im gonna go with dufault i mean has anyother guy been talked to by division 1 colleges, not that i no of dufault will take it home
the next coming

PreviousNext

Return to Boys