Mr Basketball 08

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rumbles » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:19 pm

Any class B players that will win the award for a change in the coming year
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:21 pm

rumbles wrote:Any class B players that will win the award for a change in the coming year

dufault could that is about it

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:21 pm

Dufault will win it, GUARANTEED, quote me on it
project-pat

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:23 pm

project-pat wrote:Dufault will win it, GUARANTEED, quote me on it

he will have a very hard time against elgie mertens may and farkus

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:24 pm

I would like to think so, but I'm going to be realistic and say he is class B, he has no chance...
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:24 pm

baller01 wrote:

I would like to think so, but I'm going to be realistic and say he is class B, he has no chance...

right now he has a very high chance but elgie is the front runner being first team all state dufault is 2 or 3 mertens is in there somewhere

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:34 pm

cdub1 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

right now he has a very high chance but elgie is the front runner being first team all state dufault is 2 or 3 mertens is in there somewhere

sum1 from FW will get it
fruit snack

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:38 pm

fruit snack wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

sum1 from FW will get it

the best player in 4 winds history dint even have a chance at getting it

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby region1 football » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:48 pm

I think that Lamoures holen and schockman might have a chanse...thier parents and siblings have gotten thier names out there and the performances they hve put on here in past years ....along with beliving that they excell this summer in thier game could give hope that a class b player has a chanse.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:56 pm

region1 football wrote:I think that Lamoures holen and schockman might have a chanse...thier parents and siblings have gotten thier names out there and the performances they hve put on here in past years ....along with beliving that they excell this summer in thier game could give hope that a class b player has a chanse.

No offense to them, Holen and Shockman are both tremendous players. I just don't think they had good enough years this past year. Dufault made 1st team all-state. Shockman and Holen didn't even get 2nd team. Both are great players yes, but I really don't think they even have a chance. I think the only class B player that has a CHANCE is Dufault.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby region1 football » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:17 pm

baller01 wrote:
region1 football wrote:I think that Lamoures holen and schockman might have a chanse...thier parents and siblings have gotten thier names out there and the performances they hve put on here in past years ....along with beliving that they excell this summer in thier game could give hope that a class b player has a chanse.

No offense to them, Holen and Shockman are both tremendous players. I just don't think they had good enough years this past year. Dufault made 1st team all-state. Shockman and Holen didn't even get 2nd team. Both are great players yes, but I really don't think they even have a chance. I think the only class B player that has a CHANCE is Dufault.

Ya ur prolly right. I gues im caught up in hopeing to see another Jake holen emerge. An for caleb his dad was a great player and his sisters succes with vb for ndsu...i was hopin that maybe that would help em get more media attention.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballaholic#3 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:29 pm

no class B player will win it since its been about 12 years and i don't see anyone coming this year.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Ticket » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:32 pm

I dont know about next year, but i think Marshall will be the favorite to win it in 2009.
Big Ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsguy2 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:38 pm

I'm just going to throw this name out there...Jamie Mauch..if he can lead his team back to state, i would say that he could be a finalist, probably not win, but be one of the contenders
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:39 pm

Big Ticket wrote:I dont know about next year, but i think Marshall will be the favorite to win it in 2009.

qvale mite be up there

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:02 pm

cdub1 wrote:
Big Ticket wrote:I dont know about next year, but i think Marshall will be the favorite to win it in 2009.

qvale mite be up there

It is tough to tell as not many sophomores at the class A level get a chance to play at the varsity level so there are so many out there that haven't been discovered. I'd say right now the frontrunners for Mr. Basketball '08 are Elgie, Mertens, and Dufault and for '09 I'd say Marshall, Qvale, and Malzer.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:04 pm

baller01 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

qvale mite be up there

It is tough to tell as not many sophomores at the class A level get a chance to play at the varsity level so there are so many out there that haven't been discovered. I'd say right now the frontrunners for Mr. Basketball '08 are Elgie, Mertens, and Dufault and for '09 I'd say Marshall, Qvale, and Malzer.

throw purintun and akers from north in there and i agree with that list

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:10 pm

cdub1 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

sum1 from FW will get it

the best player in 4 winds history dint even have a chance at getting it

haha i was obviously kidding lol
fruit snack

Postby Ben23 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:25 pm

I think Jamie Mauch will be a class B finalist but i dont think he will win it, but i think by the end of the season he could become class B's front runner depending on how he leads his team compared to how Default leads his.  But right now i would have Default as my frontrunner with Mauch being #2 in class B for the award
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby da_man 23 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:34 pm

I think Default is a heck of a player and very agile and coordinated for his size but here is my only question, now that wheeling is gone, teams can concentrate on just him, how will he do with double teams or did he have to put up with that this year already??
da_man 23

Postby Wildcat » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:35 pm

I think Mauch might have to lead Hankinson to an unbeaten record into the state tournament next year while also posting amazing numbers to be considered a frontrunner over Dufault.

Dufault is so out there right now with him playing AAU ball and so many coaches knowing him. Plus, he was first team all state.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dukefan32 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:56 pm

Austin Vetter could also be a contender, but I'll take Zac Elgie.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby statpacker » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:05 pm

RUDY YOUNG BIRD, JUSTIN SHIPMAN, AND BACKES WILL ALL CONTEND FOR MR BASKETBALL
statpacker

Postby NBE2007 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:23 pm

Someone's apparently from Region 8.
NBE2007

Postby ndpreps » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:42 pm

Only 2 players in Class B basketball come to my mind of getting nominated for Mr. Basketball next year Jamie Mauch and Austin Dufault.  I really think that one of them could even win it next year.
Last edited by ndpreps on Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndpreps
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Boys