Mr Basketball 08

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:45 pm

ndpreps wrote:Only 2 players in Class B basketball come to my mind of getting nominated for Mr. Basketball next year Jamie Mauch and Austin Dufault.  I really think that one of them could even win it next year.

i dont know about much but i think dufault has a very high chance right now maybe mauch gets alot better though

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndpreps » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:01 pm

Mauch is a very athletic player if he works hard he should be a treat to watch.  The thing with him is can he lead his team to a state appearance again which will be hard.  In my mind he will be on a team like Bakkum had this year which seemed like he did everything and missed out on state but i could be wrong.  I do think he will be the best player next year for both A and B.
ndpreps
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wildcat » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:50 pm

statpacker wrote:RUDY YOUNG BIRD, JUSTIN SHIPMAN, AND BACKES WILL ALL CONTEND FOR MR BASKETBALL

Let's stay within the realm of possibilities here. Young Bird and Shipman, MAYBE, but I doubt it. Not enough people or media see that part of the state so it's awfully tough to get noticed, the type that makes you a shoe-in for Mr. BBall candidacy anyways. I suppose if one of them has amazing numbers and gets to state, but only one of them.

Backes has no chance because Austin Vetter is ahead of him. He's not even the best player on his team.
Last edited by Wildcat on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:54 pm

ndpreps wrote:Mauch is a very athletic player if he works hard he should be a treat to watch.  The thing with him is can he lead his team to a state appearance again which will be hard.  In my mind he will be on a team like Bakkum had this year which seemed like he did everything and missed out on state but i could be wrong.  I do think he will be the best player next year for both A and B.

If that's your opinion, you need to get out and see Zac Elgie, BJ Mertens, Dufault, Tanner Farkas and a few others before you make that.

Mauch will be first team all state next year, but he'll be lucky if he is a Mr. Basketball candidate. Class B usually likes to have at least two, so the media wll probably vote him on it.

That being said, he doesn't move near as well as those other players mentioned, especially away from the ball. He runs so upright and stiff sometimes. He's a good player, but there's at least a handful better.
Last edited by Wildcat on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ginsbach » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:07 pm

Wildcat wrote:I think Mauch might have to lead Hankinson to an unbeaten record into the state tournament next year while also posting amazing numbers to be considered a frontrunner over Dufault.

Dufault is so out there right now with him playing AAU ball and so many coaches knowing him. Plus, he was first team all state.

And Mauch was right behind him there on the second team.
Ginsbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby twiz11 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:40 pm

statpacker wrote:RUDY YOUNG BIRD, JUSTIN SHIPMAN, AND BACKES WILL ALL CONTEND FOR MR BASKETBALL

IMO I don't think Rudy Young Bird will be much because he won't be playing with Packineaus who alwasy drawed the best defenders..now he is the only one along with MAYBE Jalen Finley. 
twiz11

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:18 am

twiz11 wrote:

IMO I don't think Rudy Young Bird will be much because he won't be playing with Packineaus who alwasy drawed the best defenders..now he is the only one along with MAYBE Jalen Finley. 

backes wont compete for mr bastekball.....hes decent but not mr basketball material, out of those 3 rudy is the standout that coulc get mr basketball
fruit snack

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:48 am

BJ Mertens will be a contender as long as the Devils Lake "boosters" don't complain about how many shots he takes even though he shoots well over 50% from the field, rebounds, passes well and plays D.  Bigtime gym rat also, his dedication has paid great dividends, the only thing holding him back is his own community and so called "supporters". 

Good luck BJ.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:19 am

Indians Alumni wrote:BJ Mertens will be a contender as long as the Devils Lake "boosters" don't complain about how many shots he takes even though he shoots well over 50% from the field, rebounds, passes well and plays D.  Bigtime gym rat also, his dedication has paid great dividends, the only thing holding him back is his own community and so called "supporters". 

Good luck BJ.

maybe FW should try to get him to transfer there
fruit snack

Postby Aaronih » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:49 am

MAYBE U SHOULD SHOULD EASE UP ON THE FW HATING FS.BEFORE THEY KICK U OFF OF HERE FOR GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP...LOL..
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:38 am

fruit snack wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:BJ Mertens will be a contender as long as the Devils Lake "boosters" don't complain about how many shots he takes even though he shoots well over 50% from the field, rebounds, passes well and plays D.  Bigtime gym rat also, his dedication has paid great dividends, the only thing holding him back is his own community and so called "supporters". 

Good luck BJ.

maybe FW should try to get him to transfer there

As good ad BJ is, I don't know how well he would fit in FW's Program.  He would have to be converted! haha! 

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BB11 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:50 am

Class B candidates - Dufault - Shipman - Mauch

Class A candidates - Mertens, Elgie, Farkas

Either Eligie or Mertens will win.

On a different note - anybody see Dufault play at the Grand Am this weekend. It was Dufault, Lorenz, Bakkum, Justin Moe, Michael Cooper, and 3 kids from Minnesota. They won all 7 games in their division and won the championship game by 60 - Dufault dunked over a 6'6 kid on the baseline trying to block it. IT was SWEET!
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:55 am

BB11 wrote:Class B candidates - Dufault - Shipman - Mauch

On a different note - anybody see Dufault play at the Grand Am this weekend. It was Dufault, Lorenz, Bakkum, Justin Moe, Michael Cooper, and 3 kids from Minnesota. They won all 7 games in their division and won the championship game by 60 - Dufault dunked over a 6'6 kid on the baseline trying to block it. IT was SWEET!

You are forgetting about the main part... COACH TIVIS!
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 22bball22 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:59 pm

baller01 wrote:

yeah they had a great coach.. Tivis got the job done..  he had some great assistants too!
22bball22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:04 pm

22bball22 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

yeah they had a great coach.. Tivis got the job done..  he had some great assistants too!

how many coaches could take a team with a lineup like that all the way to a championship......Tiv must have been doin something right
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:20 pm

The first game they played Hatton-Northwood's sophomore team who had only two people that played varsity it wasn't even fair.  Their second game they played some team from Winnipeg and only won by one.  It seemed that sometimes they had too much talent.  It was the first time I had seen Default play and boy, he can shoot the rock.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby magic715 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:01 pm

cdub1 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
project-pat wrote:Dufault will win it, GUARANTEED, quote me on it

I would like to think so, but I'm going to be realistic and say he is class B, he has no chance...

right now he has a very high chance but elgie is the front runner being first team all state dufault is 2 or 3 mertens is in there somewhere

CDub i agree with you. I think 1,2,3  Elgie, Dufault, and Mertens. In my opinion and i havnt seen the kids out east, but Elgie is the best of these 3.
magic715

Postby fruit snack » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:02 am

Good luck BJ.

i seen bj play this weekend up in dl.....he wasnt that impressive, hit the occasional jumper thats bout it.......hes a good player but not mr bb material, he will probaly be a canidate just because his last name
fruit snack

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:11 am

BJ is one of the front runners IMO.  He is a very good player.  Needs to have the support of the community around him though!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:12 am

Indians Alumni wrote:BJ is one of the front runners IMO.  He is a very good player.  Needs to have the support of the community around him though!

hes no travis
fruit snack

Postby Baller » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:32 am

fruit snack wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:BJ is one of the front runners IMO.  He is a very good player.  Needs to have the support of the community around him though!

hes no travis

He plays completely different than Travis.  If you just saw him this weekend and not during the season then you probably don't have a very good perspective of his game.  Remember that he led the EDC in points, assists, and rebounds.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:40 am

fruit snack wrote:

hes no travis

Travis didn't take his team to the state tourney!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby WildWarrior » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:59 am

Baller wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

hes no travis

He plays completely different than Travis.  If you just saw him this weekend and not during the season then you probably don't have a very good perspective of his game.  Remember that he led the EDC in points, assists, and rebounds.

IMO, BJ is a more all around player who does a lot of little things for his team that you probably are not going to see in an out of season tournament.  BJ does a lot of the little things where as Travis was a scoring machine!
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:37 pm

u cant really say how good bj is if you only saw him play in one tournament most likely for a traveling team in dl maybe if u saw him during the season u would have a better idea

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tarheels13 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:25 pm

fruit snack wrote:

Good luck BJ.

i seen bj play this weekend up in dl.....he wasnt that impressive, hit the occasional jumper thats bout it.......hes a good player but not mr bb material, he will probaly be a canidate just because his last name

i also saw mertens play this weekend.  He really wasn't even trying.  He told me he just wanted to go out and play for fun instead of having to worry about everything.  he really didn't even try very hard and if you watched him during the year you would of noticed that.
tarheels13
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys