If numbers matter...

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby fruit snack » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:35 pm

baller01 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
kvrnm wrote:did any of you guys watch trinity play this year? obviosly they dont recruit. they just work there buts off and do w/e there coach tells them to do to win. and they do it.

i think every team plays hard and does what there coach tells them to.....but nice try trying to make a good point

I'd bag to differ. There are some teams that just don't play for there coach. But since you said that, you just gave more credit to Grinnstiener...

well i didnt say he was a good coach....i wasnt taking nothing away from him......but some kids dont like bb but like they parents make them go out or sumthing, thats the ones that dont usually try hard n listen
fruit snack

Postby letsgosox » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:48 pm

Swine-O wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Swine-O wrote:
sportsmart wrote:Decent point, but there are many other choices for schools in Fargo and Bismarck. Bismarck has numerous other schools as does Fargo and in Dickinson there are only 2.  So if they can't play A at Dickinson they go to Trinity.  In the bigger cities they choose to go to another school where the sport may not be as big, but is still A.

So your telling me that in 6th grade you already know if your good enough to play in class A? Because pretty much everyone that has played at Trinity has gone to trinity since the seventh grade.

you wont know if you are good enough but you will no if you are not good enough by 7th in alot of cases

Ok... Than lets throw some names out there. Who went to public grade schools and decided to come to Trinity as a 7th grader to play Basketball???????
well i actually have a name, jordan kudrna from south heart. then he transfered to dhs and later back to south heart, so it didnt matter.
letsgosox

Postby letsgosox » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:53 pm

This has nothing to do with recruiting, if i were a youngster from dickinson and I was good at basketball, I would choose Trinity over DHS anyday. Trinity is a dynasty, and i would want to be part of it.
letsgosox

Postby fruit snack » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:55 pm

letsgosox wrote:This has nothing to do with recruiting, if i were a youngster from dickinson and I was good at basketball, I would choose Trinity over DHS anyday. Trinity is a dynasty, and i would want to be part of it.

it aint a dynasty if u cheat by recruiting....haha im jk
fruit snack

Postby Billy Asp » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:14 pm

Back in the day Oak Grove had a 6'5 guy from Florida I don't know if thats a coincidence or not:D.
-Asp
Billy Asp
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Swine-O » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:46 pm

letsgosox wrote:
Swine-O wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Swine-O wrote:
sportsmart wrote:Decent point, but there are many other choices for schools in Fargo and Bismarck. Bismarck has numerous other schools as does Fargo and in Dickinson there are only 2.  So if they can't play A at Dickinson they go to Trinity.  In the bigger cities they choose to go to another school where the sport may not be as big, but is still A.

So your telling me that in 6th grade you already know if your good enough to play in class A? Because pretty much everyone that has played at Trinity has gone to trinity since the seventh grade.

you wont know if you are good enough but you will no if you are not good enough by 7th in alot of cases

Ok... Than lets throw some names out there. Who went to public grade schools and decided to come to Trinity as a 7th grader to play Basketball???????
well i actually have a name, jordan kudrna from south heart. then he transfered to dhs and later back to south heart, so it didnt matter.
What does that have to do with anything? Read my post, I said I wanted names of KIDS WHO CAME TO TRINITY. were not talkin about DHS here. And plus, most D-High kids would rather transfer to a surrounding area B school than transfer to Trinity because there is still a small rivalry between the school. Like in Kudrna's case. So can someone please give me a name??????????????????
Tradition Doesn't Graduate
Swine-O
NDPreps Reserve

Postby letsgosox » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:00 pm

Swine-O wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
Swine-O wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Swine-O wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? Read my post, I said I wanted names of KIDS WHO CAME TO TRINITY. were not talkin about DHS here. And plus, most D-High kids would rather transfer to a surrounding area B school than transfer to Trinity because there is still a small rivalry between the school. Like in Kudrna's case. So can someone please give me a name??????????????????
by giving you the name jordan kudrna i was saying i am with you buddy. trinity doesn't recruit and the proof is that his name is the only person there has been that has transferred from a surrounding public school to trinity, but it didnt matter because he ended up going back to south heart. so quit getting so defensive, i am on your side here
letsgosox

Postby cdub1 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:02 pm

here's why i dont think trinity recruits

1. they dont have amazing players every year

2. who has actually come there from somewhere else

3. where would they actually recruit from

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:06 pm

cdub1 wrote:here's why i dont think trinity recruits

I agree with that. I don't see any 6'10" black guys that can jump out of the gym from New York or anything. For all of you that say they bring in all these "recruits", can you give us some proof....?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby letsgosox » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:09 pm

baller01 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:here's why i dont think trinity recruits

I agree with that. I don't see any 6'10" black guys that can jump out of the gym from New York or anything. For all of you that say they bring in all these "recruits", can you give us some proof....?

there is no names, there is no recruits, just good coaching, good work ethic, a tradition, an intimidation factor, and good old home court advantage ;)....those are the facts, there is nothing else to discuss
letsgosox

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:19 pm

Didn't Trinity get a kid from Glen Ullin a few years ago?  I think that kid chose Trinity not the other way around though.

Grinsteiner is an awesome coach.  He should get the DSU job and move up.  He's got to get bored beating all the Class B coaches each year.
Last edited by xcolt90 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xcolt90

Postby grizz » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:21 pm

No. The only guy I can think of from G-U that ANYONE would want is Jadyn Volth. He was the man

P.S. - White men CAN jump
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:23 pm

This was a few years ago before Jaden really got on the scene.  The other Glen Ullin guy that left was Opp for Shiloh.
xcolt90

Postby grizz » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:25 pm

xcolt90 wrote:This was a few years ago before Jaden really got on the scene.  The other Glen Ullin guy that left was Opp for Shiloh.

This is how rumors get started everyone. Someone decides to start something with "a guy" being recruited to Trinity from a surrounding area. Notice how theres never any names.....
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:28 pm

Maybe you should learn to read!!!!  I already said the he went to Trinity and wasn't recruited there.

I know a guy from Glen Ullin that will tell me his name.  I'll put it on here tomorrow.  That still doesn't mean he was recruited.  You asked for names of guys that came there.  I know there was a guy I just can't remember his name.  Quit being so defensive.  Maybe you do recruit the way you guys whine about it.
xcolt90

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:31 pm

xcolt90 wrote:Maybe you should learn to read!!!!  I already said the he went to Trinity and wasn't recruited there.

I know a guy from Glen Ullin that will tell me his name.  I'll put it on here tomorrow.  That still doesn't mean he was recruited.  You asked for names of guys that came there.  I know there was a guy I just can't remember his name.  Quit being so defensive.  Maybe you do recruit the way you guys whine about it.

maybe people just get sick and tired of hearing about it
project-pat

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:36 pm

Once again learn to read!!!  I never said they did recruit.  In fact I stated that they DIDN'T!   Just seems a bit funny that when someone actually agrees with them they still get all fired up and complain about things that weren't even stated.  But there was a guy that played for Trinity a few years ago from Glen Ullin.
Last edited by xcolt90 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xcolt90

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:37 pm

xcolt90 wrote:Once again learn to read!!!  I never said they did recruit.  In fact I stated that they DIDN'T!   Just seems a bit funny that when someone actually agrees with them they still get all fired up and complain about things that weren't even stated.  But there was a guy that played for Trinity a few years ago from Glen Ullin.

YES I KNOW HOW TO READ, but there are enough OTHER people accusing them of it, that maybe they just get sick and tired of the whole subject.
project-pat

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:38 pm

Well maybe they should not snap at the people who actually take their side.
xcolt90

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:42 pm

All of this is a waste of time anyway.  With the new rule of 180 days to sit when you transfer, the days of players jumping around are over.  The only way to play at a new school now is if the parents move as well.
xcolt90

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:42 pm

xcolt90 wrote:Well maybe they should not snap at the people who actually take their side.

Well, even though it wasn't me, I apologize. I didn't notice earlier when you said "he chose trinity not the other way around"
project-pat

Postby grizz » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:44 pm

I didn't see that either. Some people misread...... like me.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:44 pm

no damage down pat.  thanks for the reply.  Like I said above the days of worrying about that are now done anyway.
xcolt90

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:48 pm

xcolt90 wrote:no damage down pat.  thanks for the reply.  Like I said above the days of worrying about that are now done anyway.

Let's hope so, and also hope it takes away from some of the "recruiting" drama, that's starting to get rediculous. It's funny how everybody that has accused in the past has stated NO facts.
project-pat

Postby xcolt90 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:45 pm

Matt Marshbrooker sp? was the student from Glen Ullin that went to Trinity after his freshman year.  That was a few years back, but like we said it won't matter anymore.
xcolt90

PreviousNext

Return to Boys