Top Class "B" Point Guards of All-Time

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:04 pm

Aaronih wrote:ITS A SHAME TI DIDN'T GET NO ANY VOTES FROM U FELLAS SO BIASED CAUSED ME & FW FANS BRAGGED HIM UP ALL YEAR JUST GIVE HIM HIS DUES..I THINK HE EARNED IT AND SO DO U...

HAHAHAHAHA, best PG of ALL TIME?!?!?!?!?!? How much basketball do you watch? I mean TI is good, but ALL TIME BEST, WOW
project-pat

Postby Aaronih » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:46 am

I am a baller i was just saying my opinion, i think TI deserve's to be mentioned on this topic thas all..especially a point guard topic thas his game and all he does is make the people around him better that is what a true point gaurd does runs the offense, passes first shoots second thas wat got FW back 2 back state runs..just ask steve nash..lol..just saying thas wat Ti did..
Last edited by Aaronih on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby Aaronih » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:49 am

cdub1 wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
Aaronih wrote:ITS A SHAME TI DIDN'T GET NO ANY VOTES FROM U FELLAS SO BIASED CAUSED ME & FW FANS BRAGGED HIM UP ALL YEAR JUST GIVE HIM HIS DUES..I THINK HE EARNED IT AND SO DO U...

Two people have put their Top 5 lists on here.  I am not that surprised that Ironheart isn't considered one of the best point guards of all time.  Just because people dont think he's one of the top 5 pg's ever doesn't mean we think he isn't good. 

how can he be top 5 all time if he wasnt even the best this year?
YES HE WAS THE BEST THIS YEAR IF HE WASN'T I'LL ARGUE W/ANYBODY TO SEE WHO WAS BETTER & WHO DID MORE FOR THERE TEAM..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:04 am

Aaronih wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Two people have put their Top 5 lists on here.  I am not that surprised that Ironheart isn't considered one of the best point guards of all time.  Just because people dont think he's one of the top 5 pg's ever doesn't mean we think he isn't good. 

YES HE WAS THE BEST THIS YEAR IF HE WASN'T I'LL ARGUE W/ANYBODY TO SEE WHO WAS BETTER & WHO DID MORE FOR THERE TEAM..
Well, Nathaniel Packineau lead his team to a state championship.  I think thats about as much as you can do for your team.  He kept the team afloat when Neil went down and put a confidence level in Rudy Young Bird that made him twice the player he was in the 2006 state tournament.  I don't think either of these two are top 5 point guards of ALL TIME in class B history.  It's not a slap in the face it shows how many good pg's we've had.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Aaronih » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:14 pm

IF NOT IN THE TOP 5 GOTTA BE IN THE TOP 10..NO DOUGHT..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:44 pm

Aaronih wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Ironheart was not impressive at all from what I watched at the state B. I was pretty disapointed with Four Winds actually! A little overrated id say.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:50 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:
Aaronih wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Ironheart was not impressive at all from what I watched at the state B. I was pretty disapointed with Four Winds actually! A little overrated id say.
You must have only watched their first game.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:52 pm

Aaronih wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

mark bakkum and nathaniel packineau were both much better

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:21 pm

Tyler Cook?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:44 pm

point/center wrote:Tyler Cook?
i threw him out there earlier.... tyler cook is the definition of point guard
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wildcat » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:19 pm

sodadrinker wrote:

The best Class B point guards I've ever seen are Craig Nelson and Tyler Cook. Nelson was a better scorer, so he looks more appealing.
Cook was the true definition of a floor general. He had all of the characteristics of a true point guard.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:50 pm

Wildcat wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

The best Class B point guards I've ever seen are Craig Nelson and Tyler Cook. Nelson was a better scorer, so he looks more appealing.
Cook was the true definition of a floor general. He had all of the characteristics of a true point guard.

the way he dominated in the state tournament, playing basically on one leg was pretty amazing. man i wish he would get on the court for jc. i'd love to see him play again.
rep

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:45 am

rep wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

the way he dominated in the state tournament, playing basically on one leg was pretty amazing. man i wish he would get on the court for jc. i'd love to see him play again.

I guaranteed Cook will be starting next year for Jamestown.  He had a medical redshirt his first year and then this year was a regualr redshirt.  I saw him play in the mens Grand Am tournament in Grand Forks and he looks better then he did in HS by a considerable margin.  He'll be fun to watch next year.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Aaronih » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:44 am

cdub1 wrote:
Aaronih wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Yur saying they were both much better? wat u drinking hennessy..lol Ironheart was one of the best if not the best PG this year...
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:48 am

Aaronih wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Aaronih wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Yur saying they were both much better? wat u drinking hennessy..lol Ironheart was one of the best if not the best PG this year...
I would say Nathaniel Packineau was better then ironheart for what he did for his team but I dont have an opinion on Bakkum, I never got to see him play.  In his defense Ironheart had a better supporting cast around him then Bakkum but Bakkum had a weaker region to go through.  If you think that cdub1 is drinking look at how you just typed that and tell me you weren't hitting the sauce a little before.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:06 am

Aaronih wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Aaronih wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

I would say Nathaniel Packineau was better then ironheart for what he did for his team but I dont have an opinion on Bakkum, I never got to see him play.  In his defense Ironheart had a better supporting cast around him then Bakkum but Bakkum had a weaker region to go through.  If you think that cdub1 is drinking look at how you just typed that and tell me you weren't hitting the sauce a little before.

Preseason #3 team in the state and 2 teams that were ranked in state for the majority of the year. Definately not the strongest region in the state but I wouldn't exaclty say "weak". Can't really judge region 3 on BCN's performance at state as they were the 4th or 5th best team in the region. They just clicked at the right time.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:09 pm

Aaronih wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Aaronih wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

saw all of them play played against two of the three was not impressed by ironheart he was just a good shooter much more impressed with the other two and he got many of his assists (ironheart) because he would give it to a teammate who would launch up a three the others were much better in my opinion

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:11 pm

Hunter Berg. No one else is even close! If you havent seen him play attempt to find a copy of the 1995 state tournament. Watch the three games and your decision will be easy. Ball handling, passing, breaking down defenders off the dribble, shooting. By far the most skilled point guard we have had in this state.

As far as Boschee he was a 2 in HS so they could get him more looks off of picks and set plays.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:16 pm

InTheKnow wrote:Hunter Berg. No one else is even close! If you havent seen him play attempt to find a copy of the 1995 state tournament. Watch the three games and your decision will be easy. Ball handling, passing, breaking down defenders off the dribble, shooting. By far the most skilled point guard we have had in this state.

As far as Boschee he was a 2 in HS so they could get him more looks off of picks and set plays.
I'm not arguing with you saying Hunter Berg is number one...because i think he is......but I think it's closer than you think...Craig Nelson is right up there with him.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:44 pm

I remember watching Berg play.  He was unbelievable!  There are 11-12 yr olds right now that are named after him I think?!!!  Craig Nelson, won't argue with that choice, the guy hasn't committed a turnover since Clinton was president! (OK, that might be exaggerating a bit).  Would someone from a previous generation (50's 60's or 70's) bring up the best pt guards from those days.  it would be interesting to hear that debate vs. the fight over Ironheart.  this is supposed to be all-time right? not just 2007.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:33 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:I remember watching Berg play.  He was unbelievable!  There are 11-12 yr olds right now that are named after him I think?!!!  Craig Nelson, won't argue with that choice, the guy hasn't committed a turnover since Clinton was president! (OK, that might be exaggerating a bit).  Would someone from a previous generation (50's 60's or 70's) bring up the best pt guards from those days.  it would be interesting to hear that debate vs. the fight over Ironheart.  this is supposed to be all-time right? not just 2007.

Hey man, I'm not gonna say IH is the alltime best PG but the guy was 73-8 as a 3 year starter at PG.  The only thing that separates him from Berg and Nelson is they where more physically gifted.  And let me say this, if IH goes to college and ends up starting at say UND or the like then he will be put in the arguement with those boys.  We'll have to wait and see.  Did Berg ever paly in a state tourney?    Heres a name I been thinking about that hasn't been mentioned:  Ted Uecker from Hettinger in the early eighties.  I remember seeing him play at state and was a ballhandling wizard. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:39 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:I remember watching Berg play.  He was unbelievable!  There are 11-12 yr olds right now that are named after him I think?!!!  Craig Nelson, won't argue with that choice, the guy hasn't committed a turnover since Clinton was president! (OK, that might be exaggerating a bit).  Would someone from a previous generation (50's 60's or 70's) bring up the best pt guards from those days.  it would be interesting to hear that debate vs. the fight over Ironheart.  this is supposed to be all-time right? not just 2007.

Hey man, I'm not gonna say IH is the alltime best PG but the guy was 73-8 as a 3 year starter at PG.  The only thing that separates him from Berg and Nelson is they where more physically gifted.  And let me say this, if IH goes to college and ends up starting at say UND or the like then he will be put in the arguement with those boys.  We'll have to wait and see.  Did Berg ever paly in a state tourney?    Heres a name I been thinking about that hasn't been mentioned:  Ted Uecker from Hettinger in the early eighties.  I remember seeing him play at state and was a ballhandling wizard. 

What was Craig Nelson's record as a starter? Can someone get me that information. I believe they won 50 straight games and 2 state titles.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hunter48 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:44 pm

nativegolfer wrote:

Berg did play in the state tournament.  I cant remember the year but they played Carrington in the state championship.
hunter48

Postby baller01 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:51 pm

hunter48 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Berg did play in the state tournament.  I cant remember the year but they played Carrington in the state championship.

That would have been Berg's senior year. 1994-1995. Carrington won it that year.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:03 pm

baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

What was Craig Nelson's record as a starter? Can someone get me that information. I believe they won 50 straight games and 2 state titles.

They went 54-2 in the 2 times they won state and I believe MPCG won 16 Craig's sophomore year and then won 18 games Craig's freshman.  So that comes to a total of 88 wins.  I am not quite sure on the losses but 88 wins is impressive as a starter. 
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys