Top Class "B" Point Guards of All-Time

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby homer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:27 pm

Uecker was from hettinger
homer

Postby cdub1 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:28 pm

baseball wrote:
cdub1 wrote:my only oppurtunity to see them all play against top flight competition at the same time was the lion's  Bakkum had many great passes.  Packineau had 15 points  IronHeart was a no show

IH had a good game in Fargo with numerous nice passes though

very believable i just didnt see it happen so i cant say that

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:39 pm

cdub1 wrote:
baseball wrote:
cdub1 wrote:my only oppurtunity to see them all play against top flight competition at the same time was the lion's  Bakkum had many great passes.  Packineau had 15 points  IronHeart was a no show

IH had a good game in Fargo with numerous nice passes though

very believable i just didnt see it happen so i cant say that

yea i understand where your comin from
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:16 am

Does anyone remember watching Kyle Morehart from Hillsboro? I saw him throw three-quarter court bounce passes that thread the needle through traffic with right-hand english so the ball would bounce up to hit a guy in stride for a layup. He was a passing genius. His court vision was incredible. He'd be looking at the right corner of the court and see a cutter coming from the left wing for a layup. And humble - what a nice young man he was, always deflecting praise to his teammates.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:23 am

Greg Batke Hazen
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby itsallabouteddie » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:54 pm

Hinsa wrote:Does anyone remember watching Kyle Morehart from Hillsboro? I saw him throw three-quarter court bounce passes that thread the needle through traffic with right-hand english so the ball would bounce up to hit a guy in stride for a layup. He was a passing genius. His court vision was incredible. He'd be looking at the right corner of the court and see a cutter coming from the left wing for a layup. And humble - what a nice young man he was, always deflecting praise to his teammates.

for lack of a better term watching him handle the ball was like watching the harlem globetrotters. i still play ball with him once in awhile and he's still awesome. i made a pass one day with a guy right it his face that was so awesome i swear the defender pulled his groin. and once he steps on the court he's in his range. the best part is that when he plays he looks like he's half dead, it looks so effortless. he's the best PG i've ever seen and i saw Hunter in person at state and i practically grew up around craig and have known him since he was a little little kid.
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby number_one_fan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:40 pm

I am gonna agree with you on this one and say Jerry Ford as the best point guard!
number_one_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:01 pm

itsallabouteddie wrote:
Hinsa wrote:Does anyone remember watching Kyle Morehart from Hillsboro? I saw him throw three-quarter court bounce passes that thread the needle through traffic with right-hand english so the ball would bounce up to hit a guy in stride for a layup. He was a passing genius. His court vision was incredible. He'd be looking at the right corner of the court and see a cutter coming from the left wing for a layup. And humble - what a nice young man he was, always deflecting praise to his teammates.

for lack of a better term watching him handle the ball was like watching the harlem globetrotters. i still play ball with him once in awhile and he's still awesome. i made a pass one day with a guy right it his face that was so awesome i swear the defender pulled his groin. and once he steps on the court he's in his range. the best part is that when he plays he looks like he's half dead, it looks so effortless. he's the best PG i've ever seen and i saw Hunter in person at state and i practically grew up around craig and have known him since he was a little little kid.

when did he graduate?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:33 am

I'm guessing 1985? And he still can take over a pickup game whenever he wants!
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby itsallabouteddie » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:12 am

yes he can i heard he was the mvp of the grand-am tournement in grand forks not bad for a guy who is 40 thats a big time tourney lots of good players
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:02 am

shane piats sucked...ok..maybe shouldn't use that adjective...i played against him in hs and also in college...he was recruited at jamestown, but there were people who played intra-mural that were better than he was hands down...college is alot of politics....
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigtuna21 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:58 pm

hunter berg was a three time all stater

he dropped 58 points in his distict final game his senior year

scored over 2,000 points in his career

lost 2 games his last two years of high school...1 to minot ryan who was undefeated and won state in 1994 and the other to carrington who didn't lose to any classs b teams and won state in 1995

hunter could dominate a game like no one else but was very unselfish and team oriented

these r just a few of his many accomplishments
bigtuna21

Postby hammer63 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:11 am

One that is better I don't 100% know if he played point guard but Bob Eaglestaff from Standing Rock in the 70's he is the third leading scorer in Class B and did it with out the three point line. He went on to play for BYU and then transfered to UND. Just a name to put out there. Might have been shooting guard. But he was Gooooood.
hammer63

Postby tes30 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:13 pm

does anyone remember warren eagan from the 2001 state champion team north border? not sure if he was a point guard or shooting guard but definetly was a factor on that team.
tes30

Re: Top Class

Postby jtdc492 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:17 pm

I played against Chris LaMoreux from Newberg and Mark Hochstetler from Wolford and there's no comparison. Mark H. could do it all. Best of all time? Maybe not, but I also saw him run the table on NDSU while he was at Mayville State. An incredible athlete!
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Re: Top Class

Postby BB11 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:31 am

jtdc492 wrote:I played against Chris LaMoreux from Newberg and Mark Hochstetler from Wolford and there's no comparison. Mark H. could do it all. Best of all time? Maybe not, but I also saw him run the table on NDSU while he was at Mayville State. An incredible athlete!

Hochstetler was the real deal - and I neglected to put him on my All-decade team of the 80's. I also remember the NDSU game in which SU's coach of the time - whose name escapes me - called more than one time-out to chew out his players because Hochstetler was making minced meat of their defense and dribbling around them like they were the Washington Generals and he was Curly O'Neil
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Re:

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:33 am

tes30 wrote:does anyone remember warren eagan from the 2001 state champion team north border? not sure if he was a point guard or shooting guard but definetly was a factor on that team.

We're talking about the best of all-time here....not just someone who was a factor on a team that won a state championship.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Re:

Postby adriana » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:24 pm

itsallabouteddie wrote:

Kyle Morehart still plays like that. He's 40 but can still beat the highschool players during pickup games. He'll jokingly say he's losing his touch...the main word there being 'jokingly'. I've only seen one tape of him playing in highschool and i was pretty impressed. Haha that could be a biased opinion though... :lol:
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys