Top Players 07-08

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:59 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Scheer averaged almost 20 ppg during the tournaments.  Stepped up his game big time driving to the hoop, shooting well from the outside, and creating his shots.  CJ IH stands at the 3pt all the time casting away and plays absolutely horrid defense.  How is he going to be one of the better players in the region?

He averaged 14ppg in tourney play, almost all from 3 point land. CJ averaged 18 and had 10 steals in the STATE TOURNEY.  That's over 3 steals per game my freind, so he is playin some good "D".  So HA!

So that means he must have played defense for 10 trips out of about 100 for the tourney???  He also averaged 24 shots a game....anyone who took that many shots should be able to average around 20 pts, probably about 30 pts a game

I don't know where CJ gets this rep of playin no "D".  You don't start every game for a 26-2 team and not play any "D".  He plays perfect defense as the front man on the press.   Sounds like someone doesn't like the fact that their team got run outta the FW gym!!  HaHa!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:05 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Scheer averaged almost 20 ppg during the tournaments.  Stepped up his game big time driving to the hoop, shooting well from the outside, and creating his shots.  CJ IH stands at the 3pt all the time casting away and plays absolutely horrid defense.  How is he going to be one of the better players in the region?

He averaged 14ppg in tourney play, almost all from 3 point land. CJ averaged 18 and had 10 steals in the STATE TOURNEY.  That's over 3 steals per game my freind, so he is playin some good "D".  So HA!

So that means he must have played defense for 10 trips out of about 100 for the tourney???  He also averaged 24 shots a game....anyone who took that many shots should be able to average around 20 pts, probably about 30 pts a game

I don't know where CJ gets this rep of playin no "D".  You don't start every game for a 26-2 team and not play any "D".  He plays perfect defense as the front man on the press.   Sounds like someone doesn't like the fact that their team got run outta the FW gym!!  HaHa!

perfect defense....i beg to differ on that one
fruit snack

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:21 pm

only thing i dont like about his game is that he is a 6'3" guy that can jump and he is never inside the 3 point line to get a defensive rebound.  he is always standing outside waiting for an outlet.  there is no reason he doesnt average the most rebounds on the team.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby SportsAreLife » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:44 pm

baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
1_Chevy_1 wrote:region 4 it would have to either be CJ or Scheer from carrington

Are you kidding me?!?  CJ Ironheart is not that good.  Scheer is ten times the player CJ is. 

The best from the region are probably going to be from Dist 8.  Reid Haagenson and Riley Beck.  The Jackson boys and Langstaff will be pretty decent from Warwick, too.
Scheer 10 times the player IH is?  That's halarious, you just brightened my day.  Tell me, how much the awesome Scheer averaged on an average carrington team.  8 points, 1.5 rebs!  Awesome!  Again, thats halarious.  Can't wait to see CJ light up the cardinals next season.  HAHAHAHA................................................... 

All i saw CJ do was stand in the corner on offense and behind the 3 point line on defense waiting for an outlet pass......i cant see him doing much if anything without Tony

I've already said this. Thank you for somebody seeing that also.
SportsAreLife

Postby propel23 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:21 pm

BB11 wrote:District 11 - Riley Decoteau - Dunseith
District 12 - Austin Vetter - Minot Ryan and Lucas Bloms - Berthold

and also brooks backes from district 12
propel23

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:30 pm

SportsAreLife wrote:
baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
1_Chevy_1 wrote:region 4 it would have to either be CJ or Scheer from carrington

Are you kidding me?!?  CJ Ironheart is not that good.  Scheer is ten times the player CJ is. 

The best from the region are probably going to be from Dist 8.  Reid Haagenson and Riley Beck.  The Jackson boys and Langstaff will be pretty decent from Warwick, too.
Scheer 10 times the player IH is?  That's halarious, you just brightened my day.  Tell me, how much the awesome Scheer averaged on an average carrington team.  8 points, 1.5 rebs!  Awesome!  Again, thats halarious.  Can't wait to see CJ light up the cardinals next season.  HAHAHAHA................................................... 

All i saw CJ do was stand in the corner on offense and behind the 3 point line on defense waiting for an outlet pass......i cant see him doing much if anything without Tony

Keep talkin gentlemen.  It's always nice to see people envious of our program to the point where they need to nitpick every little thing the boys do. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:14 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
SportsAreLife wrote:
baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:

Keep talkin gentlemen.  It's always nice to see people envious of our program to the point where they need to nitpick every little thing the boys do. 

i think ur a little to high on urself and ur team......get over urself
fruit snack

Postby ndsubisonfan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:04 pm

Region 7 - Chad Marshall and Austin Dufault
ndsubisonfan

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:08 pm

fruit snack wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
SportsAreLife wrote:
baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:

i think ur a little to high on urself and ur team......get over urself
he's a good player...but he's going to have to adapt his game without T.I......that's a given.....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:50 am

[user=1074]propel23[/user] wrote:
BB11 wrote:District 11 - Riley Decoteau - Dunseith
District 12 - Austin Vetter - Minot Ryan and Lucas Bloms - Berthold

and also brooks backes from district 12

Yes I would agree with Brooks - he is extremely quick and is very tough to guard one on one.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wildcat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:48 am

nativegolfer wrote:Keep talkin gentlemen.  It's always nice to see people envious of our program to the point where they need to nitpick every little thing the boys do. 

You know what? I thought CJ was a pretty good player and since I've been reading your posts, I now realize that he's not as good as I thought.

People are mentioning a weakness he has and your going off the deep end like they said he's the worst player in the state. He's FAR from perfect and he isn't the best player in that region, though he's one of the best. I'll take the Carrington kid anyday.

I don't know how old you are, but you sound like you're 12 with the whole "people are envious of our program." You guys have some success the last couple of years and you think your program is the best in the state? Well, get in line.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:01 am

Wildcat wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:Keep talkin gentlemen.  It's always nice to see people envious of our program to the point where they need to nitpick every little thing the boys do. 

You know what? I thought CJ was a pretty good player and since I've been reading your posts, I now realize that he's not as good as I thought.

People are mentioning a weakness he has and your going off the deep end like they said he's the worst player in the state. He's FAR from perfect and he isn't the best player in that region, though he's one of the best. I'll take the Carrington kid anyday.

I don't know how old you are, but you sound like you're 12 with the whole "people are envious of our program." You guys have some success the last couple of years and you think your program is the best in the state? Well, get in line.
Why do you people exaggerate so much?  Never came close to sayin FW was the best program in the state!  Just defending a good kid from some ignorant people.  By the way I'm 6 years old. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:03 am

nativegolfer wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

Why do you people exaggerate so much?  Never came close to sayin FW was the best program in the state!  Just defending a good kid from some ignorant people.  By the way I'm 6 years old. 

then say they are envious of the TEAM......2 good years doesnt give a team the right to be called a program....do it year after year like the Linton's, MPCG, Trinity's, and then call yourself a program
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wildcat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:06 am

Well you must think its the best in the state, if you think everyone is so jealous of FWs program.

Who are you to call these people ignorant? They're just talking about CJ's game. The ignorant ones are the ones who say he plays "perfect" defense and that he has no weaknesses. Even though you might not have said he doesn't have a weakness, that's the stance your taking because everytime somebody says what his weakness is, you jump all over them.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:08 am

District 2- Dillan Ostrom, Cory Samson, Jacob Thompson, Zach Michaelson
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:13 am

Wildcat wrote:Well you must think its the best in the state, if you think everyone is so jealous of FWs program.

Who are you to call these people ignorant? They're just talking about CJ's game. The ignorant ones are the ones who say he plays "perfect" defense and that he has no weaknesses. Even though you might not have said he doesn't have a weakness, that's the stance your taking because everytime somebody says what his weakness is, you jump all over them.

How biased are you. If you read the posts people are posting about c.j. you'd get mad too. Saying he stands at the half court line and that he has no D. So who and what are you trying to defend WILDCAT, Someone who goes on a internet website to bash high school kids and hides behind some other name.
pacod

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:15 am

pacod wrote:
Wildcat wrote:Well you must think its the best in the state, if you think everyone is so jealous of FWs program.

How biased are you. If you read the posts people are posting about c.j. you'd get mad too. Saying he stands at the half court line and that he has no D. So who and what are you trying to defend WILDCAT, Someone who goes on a internet website to bash high school kids and hides behind some other name.

i wish FW put there stats on NDHSAA.com so i could see how few defensive rebounds CJ had.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:20 am

i have access to those stats.

cj ironheart  had 18 offensive rebounds and 54 defensive rebounds (72 total) putting him fifth on the team.

tony ironheart had 139 rebounds total, followed by ivan lovejoy (134), zack alberts (110) and chanze herman (102). 
rep

Postby pacod » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:22 am

I wish they would too. Be nice to see some numbers. By the way C.J. played the 2 spot. He obviously knows his role. Shooting gaurds shoot right? I didn't know it was called rebounding gaurd.
pacod

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:23 am

Dont shoot the messenger now!!

I heard CJ is going to Devils Lake next year. He would be the shooter they need.
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wildcat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:26 am

pacod wrote:

I'm happy to say that I'm as neutral to this argument as it gets. If people want to come on here and talk about CJ's game then fine. But to start name-calling and calling people ignorant, there's no reason for that.
I'm defending their right to say a player on Four Winds' team might not be perfect. There's nothing wrong with talking about that. Four Winds people come on here and talk about how good he is going to be and how awesome he is without posting why.

Other people come on here and try to bring that down a peg by stating that he doesn't play the best defense, which is why he won't be the best. They state what and why.

For the last time, they are not bashing high school kids. They're talking about how they play basketball. Nobody's getting personal except nativegolver when he said all of the people on this topic were ignorant.

I'm not from that area and have been fortunate enough to see Four Winds play. They're a good team.

HOWEVER, someone NOT from the Devils Lake area or a relative to the team, come on here and defend them. At least that would help support the argument for Four Winds..
Last edited by Wildcat on Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:27 am

ndbasketballfan007 wrote:Dont shoot the messenger now!!

I heard CJ is going to Devils Lake next year. He would be the shooter they need.

Are you the same guy who said Tony IH was going to DL last year?  Believe me, for reason's I won't get into on here, he won't. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:27 am

pacod wrote:I wish they would too. Be nice to see some numbers. By the way C.J. played the 2 spot. He obviously knows his role. Shooting gaurds shoot right? I didn't know it was called rebounding gaurd.

so hes the best player in teh region cuz he knows his role??  your just said right there he is a one dimensional player. and the reason i asked to see his defensive rebound stats is because thats a good indicator as to how agressive he is on defense.  Tony Ironheart led the team in rebounding and i thought he was the point gaurd.  does that make the 1 position a rebounding gaurd instead of a person to run the team?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:31 am

baseball wrote:
pacod wrote:I wish they would too. Be nice to see some numbers. By the way C.J. played the 2 spot. He obviously knows his role. Shooting gaurds shoot right? I didn't know it was called rebounding gaurd.

so hes the best player in teh region cuz he knows his role??  your just said right there he is a one dimensional player. and the reason i asked to see his defensive rebound stats is because thats a good indicator as to how agressive he is on defense.  Tony Ironheart led the team in rebounding and i thought he was the point gaurd.  does that make the 1 position a rebounding gaurd instead of a person to run the team?

Baseball, serious question:  have you seen FW play?  And if so, how many times?   
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:35 am

3 times at the state tournament.  and every time CJ stood in the corner, waited for tony to drive and kick.  if he didnt score that way it was on a fast break layup (if he didnt miss it....Trinity game).  so if your gonna say Rick Smith switch his role jsut for them 3 games from what he did the previous 25.....not good coaching, so im guessing thats the way he played all year
baseball
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys