Top Players 07-08

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Wildcat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:39 am

nativegolfer wrote:
baseball wrote:
pacod wrote:I wish they would too. Be nice to see some numbers. By the way C.J. played the 2 spot. He obviously knows his role. Shooting gaurds shoot right? I didn't know it was called rebounding gaurd.

so hes the best player in teh region cuz he knows his role??  your just said right there he is a one dimensional player. and the reason i asked to see his defensive rebound stats is because thats a good indicator as to how agressive he is on defense.  Tony Ironheart led the team in rebounding and i thought he was the point gaurd.  does that make the 1 position a rebounding gaurd instead of a person to run the team?

Baseball, serious question:  have you seen FW play?  And if so, how many times?   

If only I had a nickel for everytime I've seen someone play that card.

I've seen FW play three times, all at the state tournament. If nativegolfer chooses to  change the subject rather than answer the question, I'll answer it, Baseball.

Tony was a great guard and did a lot of things. CJ won't be as good as Tony, but he'll still be good. That being said, I definitely see the point you made about the rebounding guard. Good point!
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby meadowlark lemon » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:39 am

good thing CJ shot 5 for 11 from deep that last game because up unitl that point he was 2 for 16 in the state tourney.
meadowlark lemon
NDPreps Rookie

Postby meadowlark lemon » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:48 am

and a side note. CJ had a total of 6 rebounds during State B. None in the first game and 1 offensive in the last game, 5 coming in the second game
meadowlark lemon
NDPreps Rookie

Postby pacod » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:52 am

baseball wrote:
pacod wrote:I wish they would too. Be nice to see some numbers. By the way C.J. played the 2 spot. He obviously knows his role. Shooting gaurds shoot right? I didn't know it was called rebounding gaurd.

so hes the best player in teh region cuz he knows his role??  your just said right there he is a one dimensional player. and the reason i asked to see his defensive rebound stats is because thats a good indicator as to how agressive he is on defense.  Tony Ironheart led the team in rebounding and i thought he was the point gaurd.  does that make the 1 position a rebounding gaurd instead of a person to run the team?
I didn't state he was the best player in the region. One of the better players but not the best. AND for T I leading the team in rebounding, that shows how good he was. Shows that he did  more than he needed to and carried his team on his back through districts and regionals. C J is a role player, and as for NG comments about his defense. He stated that he's great at playing his role in the press.
pacod

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:55 am

he was brought up as the best player in the district and maybe region....that is how people say hes not the best.  good role player yes, capable of leading a team, no.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pacod » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:00 am

baseball wrote:he was brought up as the best player in the district and maybe region....that is how people say hes not the best.  good role player yes, capable of leading a team, no.

I agree with you there. He's not capable of leading a team. He could possibly be the best three point shooter in the region though. Takes a lot of shots behind the arc, but nets most of them.
pacod

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:02 am

pacod wrote:
baseball wrote:he was brought up as the best player in the district and maybe region....that is how people say hes not the best.  good role player yes, capable of leading a team, no.

I agree with you there. He's not capable of leading a team. He could possibly be the best three point shooter in the region though. Takes a lot of shots behind the arc, but nets most of them.

well i guess i jsut proved my point how hes not the best in the district like someone said. but he is good yes ill admit that, like i have the whole time
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:10 pm

So i take instead of tony ironheart being brought up every topic, now its gonna be cj?

BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby simply the best 10 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:59 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:So i take instead of tony ironheart being brought up every topic, now its gonna be cj?

Just what I was thinking BballFan, and i'm sure everybody else is sick of hearing nonstop FW talk and how good they are!! If you guys didn't know, they finished 5th in the state. Not exactly #1 is it. 
"Greatness consists in trying to be great. There is no other way."

"Skill and confidence are an unconquered army."
simply the best 10
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:50 pm

simply the best 10 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:So i take instead of tony ironheart being brought up every topic, now its gonna be cj?

Just what I was thinking BballFan, and i'm sure everybody else is sick of hearing nonstop FW talk and how good they are!! If you guys didn't know, they finished 5th in the state. Not exactly #1 is it. 

Season's over fellas.  It's not as fun arguing anymore.  See you guys in the fall.  GO INDIANS!!!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby BBall dominator » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:51 pm

[user=227]nativegolfer[/user] wrote:

Season's over fellas.  It's not as fun arguing anymore.  See you guys in the fall.  GO INDIANS!!!

could it be true??? one less FW fan
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gator-nation » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:56 am

ndsubisonfan wrote:Region 7 - Chad Marshall and Austin Dufault

Some other good players from region 7 could be robey morey- DT, jacob erhardt-Hazen, devon schmelling-SH,  jaden messer- R/T, and devon laufer -M/R.
Last edited by gator-nation on Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
gator-nation

Postby cubsfan » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:43 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:District 3- Gus Kueber- Hatton-Northwood

District 4- Anthony Klinskie- Grafton

Tanner Carpenter- North Border

I would take Seth Nichols over Gus any day of the week, I'm not saying he is bad but he has a lot to learn.  Karl Hager will be one of the top guards in the district if not the best.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby timeouttime » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:49 pm

The players that are going to tough in region seven are Chad Marshal, Austin Dufault, The Mighty Devon Stoldorf, Jaden Messer, and Devon Laufer 
timeouttime

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:51 pm

cameron malzer

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby region 2 opinion » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:43 pm

pacod wrote:
baseball wrote:

I didn't state he was the best player in the region. One of the better players but not the best. AND for T I leading the team in rebounding, that shows how good he was. Shows that he did  more than he needed to and carried his team on his back through districts and regionals. C J is a role player, and as for NG comments about his defense. He stated that he's great at playing his role in the press.

CJ played like the 3 pt line was an electric fence, he never went inside it, off or def. That is not good for the tallest player on the team. He got his pts from TI dish outs. He was the most overrated of anyone I have seen, He is really going to have to prove himself next year. He better get used to going inside or he will be no factor!! Can't believe he could play the whole year without stepping inside the arc! That is very questionable??????
region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:27 am

region 2 opinion wrote:
pacod wrote:
baseball wrote:

CJ played like the 3 pt line was an electric fence, he never went inside it, off or def. That is not good for the tallest player on the team. He got his pts from TI dish outs. He was the most overrated of anyone I have seen, He is really going to have to prove himself next year. He better get used to going inside or he will be no factor!! Can't believe he could play the whole year without stepping inside the arc! That is very questionable??????

Hey 26-2, baby!  Not bad for not steppin inside the arc.  If you saw any of FW's games you'd know he does step inside the arc.  Look at the stats from the state tourney.  He averaged 18 ppg and most of his points came on 2 pointers.  He averaged 15 ppg for the year and most of those where not 3's.  What the heck is so questionable about that?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:29 am

nativegolfer wrote:
region 2 opinion wrote:
pacod wrote:
baseball wrote:

Hey 26-2, baby!  Not bad for not steppin inside the arc.  If you saw any of FW's games you'd know he does step inside the arc.  Look at the stats from the state tourney.  He averaged 18 ppg and most of his points came on 2 pointers.  He averaged 15 ppg for the year and most of those where not 3's.  What the heck is so questionable about that?

ive seen them play alot and most of his points were 3s
fruit snack

Postby BBall dominator » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:45 am

[user=458]dominationSCS[/user] wrote:

I guess not hes still around
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:04 am

dominationSCS wrote:[user=458]dominationSCS[/user] wrote:

?

Just what I was thinking BballFan, and i'm sure everybody else is sick of hearing nonstop FW talk?and how good they are!! If you guys didn't?know, they finished 5th in the state.?Not exactly #1 is it.?

Season's over fellas.? It's not as fun arguing anymore.? See you guys in the fall.? GO INDIANS!!!

hehe.....
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Billy Asp » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:05 pm

beachy wrote:District 1 will probably end up in a tie between Jamie Mauch and Logan Carlbloom.  Unless one has a bad season or get hurt in football....

Beach I might be mistakin but isn't Karlbloom a senior this isn't 06-07 this is 07-08.
Last edited by Billy Asp on Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Asp
Billy Asp
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball rules » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:02 am

Carlblom and Mauch are both seniors next year (07-08)
bball rules
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Billy Asp » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:43 am

I'm sorry that was my bad i was thinking logan peterson.My bad
-Asp
Billy Asp
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:26 am

nativegolfer wrote:

?

Just what I was thinking BballFan, and i'm sure everybody else is sick of hearing nonstop FW talk?and how good they are!! If you guys didn't?know, they finished 5th in the state.?Not exactly #1 is it.?

Season's over fellas.? It's not as fun arguing anymore.? See you guys in the fall.? GO INDIANS!!!

hehe.....

I have only a couple things, First off, CJ cannot be compared to Tony in the fact Tony was in the 1 spot and CJ was a 2/3 spot player.  The kid can score, he can shoot the three, he can drive and he can hit short bunnies.  He didn't show up as much as he should have in the State Tournament, but woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Can't really argue about it now. 

I think Chuckie Lovejoy will have the reins of bringing the ball up next year.  He is an eighth grader, but has the ball handling skills needed, he makes mistakes, but he is young and it will come with practice and time.  Another one to watch out for next year is Oliver Dauphinais, he is tough, he is a great defender, has a quick first step and sticky hands.  He is getting more and more confident with each time he plays.  Demry Lawrence is the other to watch out for, he can shoot the lights out when he is on top of his game. 

I cant wait to watch these boys battle it out in team camps this summer.  I would recommend to some of you go and watch.  Then there willl be some frame of reference when posting. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:46 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

?

hehe.....

I have only a couple things, First off, CJ cannot be compared to Tony in the fact Tony was in the 1 spot and CJ was a 2/3 spot player.  The kid can score, he can shoot the three, he can drive and he can hit short bunnies.  He didn't show up as much as he should have in the State Tournament, but woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Can't really argue about it now. 

I think Chuckie Lovejoy will have the reins of bringing the ball up next year.  He is an eighth grader, but has the ball handling skills needed, he makes mistakes, but he is young and it will come with practice and time.  Another one to watch out for next year is Oliver Dauphinais, he is tough, he is a great defender, has a quick first step and sticky hands.  He is getting more and more confident with each time he plays.  Demry Lawrence is the other to watch out for, he can shoot the lights out when he is on top of his game. 

I cant wait to watch these boys battle it out in team camps this summer.  I would recommend to some of you go and watch.  Then there willl be some frame of reference when posting. 

i hope they can find a better point guard and ball handler besides chucky, or it will be a long year
fruit snack

PreviousNext

Return to Boys