Best Gaurds in the state

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby kvrnm » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:38 pm

true points dont pull down 13 boards.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:37 pm

kvrnm wrote:true points dont pull down 13 boards.

How do you figure??? Jason Kidd is one of the truest point guards in the NBA and he pulls down 8-10 a game.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:52 pm

baller01 wrote:
Hunterlaf wrote:who doy you think is the best guard in the state

Are we talking best scoring guard or best true guard?

I'd have to say the best true point guard in the state was maybe Kacy Keysor. Only averaged about 8.5 pts a game so he is no where the kind of scorer that the Packs, IH, and Bakkum are but he averaged almost 13 rebounds a game (not bad for someone who is only 6'1") dished out 9.5 assists a game with only 2.7 turnovers a game, and had almost 4 steals a game.

kacy keysor.....i hope ur kidding
fruit snack

Postby baller01 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:57 pm

fruit snack wrote:
baller01 wrote:

I'd have to say the best true point guard in the state was maybe Kacy Keysor. Only averaged about 8.5 pts a game so he is no where the kind of scorer that the Packs, IH, and Bakkum are but he averaged almost 13 rebounds a game (not bad for someone who is only 6'1") dished out 9.5 assists a game with only 2.7 turnovers a game, and had almost 4 steals a game.

Ok, I maybe shouldn't have said that is he maybe the best, but he has to be up there. 8.5, 13, 9.5 is pretty impressive. Just because he doesn't put up the huge scoring numbers doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be considered.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:58 pm

Mark Keithley is a true point guard and I think he leads the team in rebounding.
project-pat

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:01 pm

project-pat wrote:

Mark Keithley is a true point guard and I think he leads the team in rebounding.

keysor and keithley are both good.....but TI and the packs can play circles around them
fruit snack

Postby project-pat » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:03 pm

fruit snack wrote:
project-pat wrote:

keysor and keithley are both good.....but TI and the packs can play circles around them

TI didn't really play circles around Keithley the first time they played, haha He was kinda SHUT DOWN, worst game of the season for him against mark
project-pat

Postby Weezy Baby » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:10 pm

exactly. TI is GREAT dont get me wrong, but if you want a point on both ends, keithley can get the job done. TI is for sure top 3 points in the state and maybe higher if we are talking about OFFENSIVE point guards. Mark creates his own shots, passes, rebounds, and D's up well. i dont know much about keysor, and the Packs are obviously VERY good but i would like to see them w/out each other. maybe they would be great or maybe they need the other to succeed, who knows? they put up and make some very acrobatic/athletic shots. i was very impressed with both of them.
Last edited by Weezy Baby on Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weezy Baby

Postby simply the best 10 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:19 pm

Weezy Baby wrote:exactly. TI is GREAT dont get me wrong, but if you want a point on both ends, keithley can get the job done. TI is for sure top 3 points in the state and maybe higher if we are talking about OFFENSIVE point guards. Mark creates his own shots, passes, rebounds, and D's up well. i dont know much about keysor, and the Packs are obviously VERY good but i would like to see them w/out each other. maybe they would be great or maybe they need the other to succeed, who knows? they put up and make some very acrobatic/athletic shots. i was very impressed with both of them.

If you take one of the Packineau's away the other one obviously wouldn't look as good because other teams would only have to guard two people. 
"Greatness consists in trying to be great. There is no other way."

"Skill and confidence are an unconquered army."
simply the best 10
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballaholic#3 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:47 pm

baller01 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Ok, I maybe shouldn't have said that is he maybe the best, but he has to be up there. 8.5, 13, 9.5 is pretty impressive. Just because he doesn't put up the huge scoring numbers doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be considered.

have you ever seen keysor play. he has talent but if there was an accurate assist to turnover ratio his numbers wouldn't be that impressive. he makes a lot of "risky" passes which cause turnovers.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:49 pm

simply the best 10 wrote:
Weezy Baby wrote:exactly. TI is GREAT dont get me wrong, but if you want a point on both ends, keithley can get the job done. TI is for sure top 3 points in the state and maybe higher if we are talking about OFFENSIVE point guards. Mark creates his own shots, passes, rebounds, and D's up well. i dont know much about keysor, and the Packs are obviously VERY good but i would like to see them w/out each other. maybe they would be great or maybe they need the other to succeed, who knows? they put up and make some very acrobatic/athletic shots. i was very impressed with both of them.

If you take one of the Packineau's away the other one obviously wouldn't look as good because other teams would only have to guard two people. 

nathaniels stats went down when neil came back this year
Last edited by sodadrinker on Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:51 pm

baller01 wrote:

How do you figure??? Jason Kidd is one of the truest point guards in the NBA and he pulls down 8-10 a game.

so if ur a point guard u cant rebound the ball, that is the dumbest thing ive ever heard.  no way can u agrue that someone isnt a good true point guard becuz he gets to many rebounds.  a guy averages 10 points 10 assists and 10 rebounds but hes not a true point guards cuz he crashes the boards to much.. come on
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:31 pm

True point guards dont pull down 13 rebounds??? Have you ever heard of Chad Glasser? He was the number 1 rebounder for the Blue Hawks the last year he played. I'm not sure how many a game he was averaging but Im sure it was double digits. The more rebounds a guard can pull down, the better he is. Were you dropped on your head when you were a baby kvrnm??
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:25 am

[user=2165]ballaholic#3[/user] wrote:
baller01 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
baller01 wrote:

have you ever seen keysor play. he has talent but if there was an accurate assist to turnover ratio his numbers wouldn't be that impressive. he makes a lot of "risky" passes which cause turnovers.

I agree with ballaholic. Kacy is a very good player - and I've seen a number of their games this year - but the TO totals have got to be skewed. I do believe his rebounds and assists are true. But I watched probably 10 of their games this year - and he had to average at least 5-6 TO's a game in those games. I'm not positive as I didn't keep track - but he throws the ball away a lot - definitely more than 2.7 times per game.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hunterlaf » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:44 am

Did Adam Hunt score a 1000 points or does anybody know?
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:35 am

[user=2702]Hunterlaf[/user] wrote:
Did Adam Hunt score a 1000 points or does anybody know?

My best guess would say yes - but I don't know. He missed about 6 or 7 games this year - but averaged about 18 a game. He averaged about 18 a game last year as well and he started his sophomore year and was a scorer - but I'm not sure what his average was.
New story on him now though. I talked to a friend of his and they said he has renegged on walking on at U of M, and is now looking at maybe MSU-Bottineau. But This is not for sure either - pretty much everything I'm saying is speculation - except that U of M is out.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby J-Rod34 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:41 am

simply the best 10 wrote:

Neil Packineau missed the first 11 games of the season this year and the team went 10-1 with Nathaniel leading them. That includes a Northwest Conference Championship.
J-Rod34

Postby Aaronih » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:02 pm

Fellas, Honestly just give TI his dues cause when were talkin guards espeically Point Guards TI is the only u want with the ball if yur a fan teammate or coach cause if yur open he'll find u, cuttin he'll find u, or only when he has to he will take over if nobody else wants to step up..HES A TRUE LEADER..be real fellas the stats & records don't lie, and we finised#1 thas all truth..and people can back that up..so we'll end this Topic on that note..hav a wonderfull summer fellas..
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby NBE2007 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:16 pm

Yet FW finished 5th in state
NBE2007

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:49 pm

Aaronih wrote:Fellas, Honestly just give TI his dues cause when were talkin guards espeically Point Guards TI is the only u want with the ball if yur a fan teammate or coach cause if yur open he'll find u, cuttin he'll find u, or only when he has to he will take over if nobody else wants to step up..HES A TRUE LEADER..be real fellas the stats & records don't lie, and we finised#1 thas all truth..and people can back that up..so we'll end this Topic on that note..hav a wonderfull summer fellas..

ya everyone knows him good and gave him enough credit.  he wouldve earned more if he lead his team to the state championship and thats how it is.  maybe the 1 for 9 or whatever it was 3 point shooting in the first game of state made people question how good of a leader he is.  also i seen him try forcing a couple shots in the opening round and he never did that during the year.  trust me everyone knows hes good but no matter what he did during the regular season he didnt win a state championship and parshall did thus they deserve more credit.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby web17 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:25 pm

fruit snack wrote:id rather have the packs than anybody else.....shoot, i might name my kids after them

i'd take Ironheart. He is not all about shooting. nathaneil is all about shooting. that is it. Ironheart is a great passer and can score when needed. that is what i would want on my team.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby region1 football » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:25 pm

Id agree...TI didnt put up the points come state..but i was very impressed with how he did with the ball....and looked like good leader.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby SportsAreLife » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:31 pm

I also would Tony I. He can shoot,  bringthe ball up, drive with it. Most of all is he is a very good passer.
SportsAreLife

Postby J-Rod34 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:52 pm

web17 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:id rather have the packs than anybody else.....shoot, i might name my kids after them

i'd take Ironheart. He is not all about shooting. nathaneil is all about shooting. that is it. Ironheart is a great passer and can score when needed. that is what i would want on my team.

If Nathaniel is all about shooting then tell me why he was #4 in the state this past season in assists per game. He was #3 going into the state tourney but he fell to number four after the tourney. Still he is .1 assist per game away from being #3.

I don't care what you say I think a good point guard will also be able to find the open man on the floor and with those stats there is no doubt that he can do that. Plus Packineau found a way to get his team that nice State Championship Trophy when push came to shove.

Packineau over Ironheart NO DOUBT
J-Rod34

Postby J-Rod34 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:54 pm

Aaronih wrote:Fellas, Honestly just give TI his dues cause when were talkin guards espeically Point Guards TI is the only u want with the ball if yur a fan teammate or coach cause if yur open he'll find u, cuttin he'll find u, or only when he has to he will take over if nobody else wants to step up..HES A TRUE LEADER..be real fellas the stats & records don't lie, and we finised#1 thas all truth..and people can back that up..so we'll end this Topic on that note..hav a wonderfull summer fellas..

Where did you finish #1?
J-Rod34

PreviousNext

Return to Boys