2007-2008 Basketball Season

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sportsman_99 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:16 pm

baller01 wrote:
sportsman_99 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
sportsman_99 wrote:I agree with that, its not recruting unless there is offers made by coaches or someone, but I also say that all transfers are redickulous, moving from school to school because you want to be playing in a state tournament or for some other dumb reason like you see a lot of kids doing is wrong, everyone should just stay at their schools and if you cant get there without having to switch, tough luck.

That is your opinion yes. But whats wrong with just transferring to a different schoo. I'm not saying its right to every year be playing for a different team, I just don't see the harm in transferring to a different school.

ya, depends on what reason your going for, but in my opinion, transfering schools b/c one year ur team is good and the next you wont be that u leave just b/c you want to be playing in a state tournament so you leave to one you know will be good and has good oppurtunity to be in state, thats rediculous... jumpin from school to school, how this whole recruting business gets started is kids leaving to go to schools they know will be good... its not right

I agree with your point there. For one season, I think its dumb. But I think if its for a whole career then it isn't bad.

Idk i think the rules on transfering need to be changed to if u transfer no matter what it is that brought u there, u should have to wait a year before you are eligable, then the talk of recruting and transfering for that one season since no one would transfer as a senior, would be gone and then all this talk of teams cheating on that note wont matter anymore... if they wanna transfer then they got to wait it out, and lose that year they transfered. Maybe its a little drastic but i think it would solve alot and prevent the transfers just so they can be on that team they know is going to be good.
sportsman_99
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BBall dominator » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:42 pm

that wouldn't really be fair to a family who moved to a new town for a job or if a child because of custody mandates has to live w/ the other parent I think the rule is fine as is
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBall dominator » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:17 pm

[user=227]nativegolfer[/user] wrote:
District 7 will be FW's to lose.  Nobody returns any good players.  FW has Alberts, IH and a bunch of talented fresh, sophs and an 8th grader who got minutes in the state tourney plus a couple of transfers.  Obviously, how they mesh will be a big factor but Smith can make it happen.  Region 4 will be FW and ??.  Langdon and Munich- Starkweather return some people but they weren't .500 teams with them.  Last year the knock on region 4 was the lack of strong teams except FW, next year could be worse. 

it bothers me that if someone from DT, Shiloh, Oak Grove, Minot Ryan it would be called recruiting right away but if it happens anywhere most it happens w/ the rez why is that?? recruiting?
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsman_99 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:15 pm

dominationSCS wrote:[user=227]nativegolfer[/user] wrote:
District 7 will be FW's to lose.� Nobody returns any good players.� FW has Alberts, IH and a bunch of talented fresh, sophs and an 8th grader who got minutes in the state tourney plus a couple of transfers.� Obviously, how they mesh will be a big factor but Smith can make it happen.� Region 4 will be FW and ??.� Langdon and Munich- Starkweather return some people but they weren't .500 teams with them.� Last year the knock on region 4 was the lack of strong teams except FW, next year could be worse.�

it bothers me that if someone from DT, Shiloh, Oak Grove, Minot Ryan it would be called recruiting right away but if it happens anywhere most it happens w/ the rez why is that?? recruiting?
Thats why to end all the talk of recruting and all that, no matter what the situation if you want the all the transfers anywhere to stop they just switch it to a year long wait, i think you would see the problem fade fast.
sportsman_99
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Roughrider » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:31 pm

Yeah, Trinity was picked to be the fourth place team in the region and look where they got, you have to give a lot of credit to Coach Gregg Grinsteiner, who i believe is the best coach in the state. And dont think i am from trinity for saying this because i am not. From a person coming from that area, I just have a lot of respect for Grinsteiner, i have watched him coach for a few years now and i cant help but call him the greatest coach in the state. I feel that Hazen will be good from Region 7 and no matter how Trinity may look in the preseason you can count them out until the season is over
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:32 am

[user=2801]sportsman_99[/user] wrote:
dominationSCS wrote:[user=227]nativegolfer[/user] wrote:
District 7 will be FW's to lose.� Nobody returns any good players.� FW has Alberts, IH and a bunch of talented fresh, sophs and an 8th grader who got minutes in the state tourney plus a couple of transfers.� Obviously, how they mesh will be a big factor but Smith can make it happen.� Region 4 will be FW and ??.� Langdon and Munich- Starkweather return some people but they weren't .500 teams with them.� Last year the knock on region 4 was the lack of strong teams except FW, next year could be worse.�

Thats why to end all the talk of recruting and all that, no matter what the situation if you want the all the transfers anywhere to stop they just switch it to a year long wait, i think you would see the problem fade fast.

New rule coming July 1st of this year. If you transfer school districts - open enroll - without your parents moving as well to that district - that student will have to wait 180 school days (one year) before they are able to participate on a varsity team.
Just found this out a couple of days ago. Good rule in my opinion.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:26 am

I agree that it is a good idea if their parents do not move into that district....that is the way it used to be....I know of a family that built a house in WF so their kid could play there rather than South High.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsman_99 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:49 am

maybe that will prevent all the transfers of kids who just want to be on those good teams... and hoppin around, and all the recruiting stuff will go if the transfers go... not to mention some schools that get them dont even look to get them..(transfers)
sportsman_99
NDPreps Reserve

Postby statpacker » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:39 pm

project-pat wrote:
Hunterlaf wrote:Parshall will be very decent next year with youngbird returning

Parshall has alot of scoring and leadership to make up for.

Parshall still will be good, scoring wont be a problem, young bird knows how to score, no doubt about that, Many Ribs, Woods, Hendrickson, Finley they will all step up and Parshall got some kids coming up. So they will be pretty tough. As far as leadership goes they got all they need with 8 players returing from the state championship team so i dont think they will go away easily.
statpacker

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:42 pm

statpacker wrote:
project-pat wrote:

Parshall still will be good, scoring wont be a problem, young bird knows how to score, no doubt about that, Many Ribs, Woods, Hendrickson, Finley they will all step up and Parshall got some kids coming up. So they will be pretty tough. As far as leadership goes they got all they need with 8 players returing from the state championship team so i dont think they will go away easily.

did Many Ribs even take a shot during state?  NDHSAA.com says he didnt
Last edited by baseball on Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby statpacker » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:44 pm

baseball wrote:
statpacker wrote:
project-pat wrote:

did Many Ribs even take a shot during state?

no, but he didn't need to he had the packs all year to carry the load, so next year its him nd young bird's turn to take the team to FARGO!
statpacker

Postby letsgosox » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:31 pm

i am wondering how the killdeer dufaults, i mean cowboys, will do next year
letsgosox

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:35 pm

statpacker wrote:
baseball wrote:
statpacker wrote:
project-pat wrote:

did Many Ribs even take a shot during state?

no, but he didn't need to he had the packs all year to carry the load, so next year its him nd young bird's turn to take the team to FARGO!

thats the reason i dont see them going to state again.....young bird is the only one who i believe can be a leader
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Roughrider » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:11 pm

letsgosox wrote:i am wondering how the killdeer dufaults, i mean cowboys, will do next year

I dont know, its tough to say. They lose Wheeling whos a pretty good player but they also have Dufault and the little wagner kid so they could go both ways, i would say they will be around the 4th best team in region 7

GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Pfenix » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:42 pm

Out of region seven what teams would be in your top four?
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys