Parshall Braves

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Edward III » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:49 pm

I have nothing but good things to say about Parshall and their team. I like Trinity because their coach commands respect on and off the floor. Not many can do that any more. The way kids act off the floor is a better indication of a good program than most people think. I have seen Trinity on TV, in the audience, and on the floor. A class act by their coach. I do not get to see much of other teams as they have not been in the spot light for 7 years. The recruiting question was not meant to be a bad thing just info. The class A schools are the ones that do the abuse of the recruiting thus the change in elgibility rules.
Last edited by Edward III on Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby finfam06 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:52 pm

Edward III wrote:With all the talk of Trinity recruiting, can anyone clear up the rumor with some facts please ---I heard that Parshall has a player who has a sister that was on the Mandan girls team that won the state. I know nobody gave any real evidence about Trinity but what about this????

Please keep your cheap talk off the topic of the Braves winning the State Class "B" Championships. This topic is not about recruiting but hey, Parshall is still the 2007 State Champions! Don't be jelly!!!
finfam06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Edward III » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:56 pm

Sounds like someone is a little defensive. If you read my statement before you jumped to conclusions, I was looking for info to clear up something.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dogfather » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:45 pm

Parshall lost two starters and the one kid that came off the bench. They lost the starting center and point guard.
dogfather
NDPreps Rookie

Postby dogfather » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:48 pm

Parshall does have a kid that came in the begining of the year so he has put his time in here already
dogfather
NDPreps Rookie

Postby grizz » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:54 pm

finfam06 wrote:
Edward III wrote:With all the talk of Trinity recruiting, can anyone clear up the rumor with some facts please ---I heard that Parshall has a player who has a sister that was on the Mandan girls team that won the state. I know nobody gave any real evidence about Trinity but what about this????

Please keep your cheap talk off the topic of the Braves winning the State Class "B" Championships. This topic is not about recruiting but hey, Parshall is still the 2007 State Champions! Don't be jelly!!!

So it's OK to talk about Trinity recruiting under every single topic started about them, but it's not OK to bring it up about Parshall? DOUBLE STANDARD!

P.S - Congrats to Parshall. They beat my team fair and square with no questions asked.
Last edited by grizz on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby SportsAreLife » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:08 pm

grizz wrote:
finfam06 wrote:

So it's OK to talk about Trinity recruiting under every single topic started about them, but it's not OK to bring it up about Parshall? DOUBLE STANDARD!

P.S - Congrats to Parshall. They beat my team fair and square with no questions asked.

No kidding. Just go post on recruiting on about the other 100 topics about them. Parshall boys can play. Like grizz said they beat the Titans fair and sqaure.
SportsAreLife

Postby blaze88 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:33 pm

ok first off its the rez, and the way some people think is that they see a good team and they are going to be good the next year again so the kid will transfer there so he or she can play for that team. jalen went to 4winds last year and he transfered to parshall and has been going to school there the whole year.
blaze88

Postby BBall dominator » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:50 pm

[user=187]blaze88[/user] wrote:
ok first off its the rez, and the way some people think is that they see a good team and they are going to be good the next year again so the kid will transfer there so he or she can play for that team. jalen went to 4winds last year and he transfered to parshall and has been going to school there the whole year.

what was the whole point of this post??
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:52 pm

blaze88 wrote:ok first off its the rez, and the way some people think is that they see a good team and they are going to be good the next year again so the kid will transfer there so he or she can play for that team. jalen went to 4winds last year and he transfered to parshall and has been going to school there the whole year.

im almost possitive he only went there because he new he would play a little bit and he new that parshall had a really good shot to win state....just like his sister, she went to mandan and they won state....she left FW because she new they were terrible haha...and the only won like 2 games....more power to them i guess!!
fruit snack

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:31 am

fruit snack wrote:
blaze88 wrote:ok first off its the rez, and the way some people think is that they see a good team and they are going to be good the next year again so the kid will transfer there so he or she can play for that team. jalen went to 4winds last year and he transfered to parshall and has been going to school there the whole year.

im almost possitive he only went there because he new he would play a little bit and he new that parshall had a really good shot to win state....just like his sister, she went to mandan and they won state....she left FW because she new they were terrible haha...and the only won like 2 games....more power to them i guess!!

Maybe this article will clear some of this up for you!!!

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2007/03/16/news/sports/local/130434.txt
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:41 am

Its interesting...those who accuse others of recruiting certainly don't like to be accused of the same......Why is that???
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hunterlaf » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:48 am

[font=arial]i heard that was Jalen Finleys sister
[/font]
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:58 am

the article pretty much says, jaden went to parshall cause they were good....and marley went to mandan because they were good, becuase there dad is obsessed with winning a state title......i was at a 3 on 3 tournament in minot, and i seen jaden playing and everytime he wasnt do sumthing right his dad would sit there and yell at him the whole time, and it looked like jaden would just get frustrated and it didnt help him......but val got his wish
fruit snack

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:22 am

scruffy wrote:Its interesting...those who accuse others of recruiting certainly don't like to be accused of the same......Why is that???

If that is directed at me I have never accused anyone of recruiting.  My point there is those were perfectly legal transfers.  Were they for all the right reasons??  I am not going to open that can of worms.  These transfers will never stop with open enrollment, that is something that NDHSAA needs to take a serious look at if this is in fact a serious problem.
Last edited by WildWarrior on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:12 am

Edward III wrote:So which came first-the Mandan girl in Mandan or the trip to Parshall?

I don't know for sure which came first, but I do believe that Marlee Finley came to Mandan last year, perhaps the 2nd semester.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Diamond D » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:20 am

but I do believe that Marlee Finley came to Mandan last year, perhaps the 2nd semester.

Not possible since she was playing in the regional tournament for FW about this same time (give about 3 weeks) last year.

Funny, Coach Brady resigned as FW coach about a week after Finley announce she would be attending Mandan the following year.

Diamond D

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:27 am

she did attend Mandan the 4th Quarter of last year.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:36 am

Thanks, baller.  I wasn't sure, but had thought Marlee had transferred sometime in the 2nd semester.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:42 am

Baller wrote:she did attend Mandan the 4th Quarter of last year

4th quarter must make them eligible in time for basketball season.  Other transfers started this past Monday so that must be the key date.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby carolina blue » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:43 am

this topic isnt about recruiting so everyone stop that nonsense.

congrats to parshall for takin home the title.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:15 am

fruit snack wrote:the article pretty much says, jaden went to parshall cause they were good....and marley went to mandan because they were good, becuase there dad is obsessed with winning a state title......i was at a 3 on 3 tournament in minot, and i seen jaden playing and everytime he wasnt do sumthing right his dad would sit there and yell at him the whole time, and it looked like jaden would just get frustrated and it didnt help him......but val got his wish

i think that is an exagerration about his dad

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:55 am

Diamond D wrote:
but I do believe that Marlee Finley came to Mandan last year, perhaps the 2nd semester.

Not possible since she was playing in the regional tournament for FW about this same time (give about 3 weeks) last year.

Funny, Coach Brady resigned as FW coach about a week after Finley announce she would be attending Mandan the following year.

You know what is funny is how you guys act like you know what your talking about. Brady was talking about stepping down earlier in the season. And for people talking about Val Finley, you don't even know the guy. He's a good man that works hard to give his kids a good life. As for Marlee and Jalen, if you knew them, you would know that basketball runs through their veins. Their dad wouldn't have to force anything on them, when it comes to basketball.
pacod

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:54 pm

pacod wrote:
Diamond D wrote:

You know what is funny is how you guys act like you know what your talking about. Brady was talking about stepping down earlier in the season. And for people talking about Val Finley, you don't even know the guy. He's a good man that works hard to give his kids a good life. As for Marlee and Jalen, if you knew them, you would know that basketball runs through their veins. Their dad wouldn't have to force anything on them, when it comes to basketball.

he didnt force nothing on them.....he just took them from FW and sent them to schools where they had a chance to win state
fruit snack

Postby sportsman_99 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:38 pm

Congrats to Parshall good win over a tough team in trinity............ but can Young Bird take them back with out neil and nathaniel  ??
sportsman_99
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys