dunks at the state tourney

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby beachy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:56 pm

Is Jamie Mauch The only one who dunked it at the Tourney?
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:05 pm

Yeah, but he had two pretty good ones. Mathison from North Border was gonna try on a fast break but a Bishop Ryan player knocked it out of his hands on the way up.
Last edited by sportsperson on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBballa » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:29 pm

sportsperson wrote:Yeah, but he had two pretty good ones. Mathison from North Border was gonna try on a fast break but a Bishop Ryan player knocked it out of his hands on the way up.

yeah, but seeing how coordinated he is he probably would have got blocked by the rim.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:32 pm

i heard cj ironheart could dunk it.....but he had 3 or 4 oppurtunites to and didnt
fruit snack

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:32 pm

Yeah I was told C.J. Ironheart can dunk, but on the one fast break he had...he finger rolled it and missed, so I was pretty disappointed by that.
project-pat

Postby ace » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:08 pm

i thought the mathison guy from north borders little dunk attempt like thing in the third place game was pointless.... it looked like he had lost the ball for like 2 secs but he just wanted to show that he could grab the rim so he did
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby beachy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:59 am

Ya maybe c.j. wasn't confident so he didint where as mauch is confident and knows he can...The 2 handed dunk was the first time he dunked it with 2 hands had about 6 one handed dunks this year.....

more to come next year
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:01 am

beachy wrote:Ya maybe c.j. wasn't confident so he didint where as mauch is confident and knows he can...The 2 handed dunk was the first time he dunked it with 2 hands had about 6 one handed dunks this year.....

more to come next year

all i know is he smashed that one against parshall and it was the nicest dunk i seen all year.  i think i liked it better becuz there is something about left handed dunks that gets to me but it was pretty sweet.  he is definately one of the best players in the tournament but i think he should be alittle more selfish cuz i think he could take over.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:40 am

does anyone have pictures of Mauch's dunk on Shiloh (West Dakota)?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby beachy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:33 pm

baseball wrote:does anyone have pictures of Mauch's dunk on Shiloh (West Dakota)?

I have been trying to look for either of the pictures and i cant find one but i got this one from an earlier game this year...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby beachy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:36 pm

If you watched the parshall-hankinson game on tv this is the one you saw on the tournement profile at teh start of the game before it...it is versus lidgerwood he surpassed 1000 points this game too
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby philshometown » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:21 pm

Someone was selling photodisks of tourney pics to Hankinson fans, and said there was a series of shots of Jamie's dunk vs Shiloh.  If someone knows how to get this, please post...I believe it was $18.
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:25 pm

i was told it was pretty crazy, dunks it 2 handed cuz friesen comin to cut him off then pulls himself up to the rim??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby beachy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:13 pm

philshometown wrote:Someone was selling photodisks of tourney pics to Hankinson fans, and said there was a series of shots of Jamie's dunk vs Shiloh.  If someone knows how to get this, please post...I believe it was $18.

Yes they were being sold to the hankinson parents or fans at our homecoming if you watned one... I didi not get one but will be borrowing someones who didi
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Billy Asp » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:45 am

JAMIES TWO HANDER WAS PRETTY SWEET!!!
-Asp
Billy Asp
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Weezy Baby » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:06 am

you know what was really funny? when big mike mathison tried to dunk it haha. he lost the ball about half-way up, and still snapped the rim for some reason. haha he looked terrible deeerrrr.
Weezy Baby

Postby NBE2007 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:22 pm

He lost the ball because the kid behind got a hand on it.
NBE2007

Postby Weezy Baby » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:36 am

ya i no that, but that was like 1/3 of the way up. he still threw his hands up and grabbed the rim for no reason. just watch the tape or somthing it looks dumb. he did it for looks.
Weezy Baby

Postby NBE2007 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:45 pm

I know what happened I was like 6-7 feet from where he did it.
NBE2007

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:48 pm

ya i watched it from about 10 feet away....and it wasnt that bad.......but then again...on this site you would think that this kid couldnt even walk and chew gum at the same time
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Weezy Baby » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:09 am

The Schwab wrote:ya i watched it from about 10 feet away....and it wasnt that bad.......but then again...on this site you would think that this kid couldnt even walk and chew gum at the same time

their is no way he could chew gum and walk at the same time.. i'd pay money to see him try tho haha
Weezy Baby

Postby grizz » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:12 am

Haha he doesnt seem like the most coordinated guy on the floor. He should have been 5x better with that size.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mr. Me Too » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:11 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
beachy wrote:Ya maybe c.j. wasn't confident so he didint where as mauch is confident and knows he can...The 2 handed dunk was the first time he dunked it with 2 hands had about 6 one handed dunks this year.....

more to come next year

all i know is he smashed that one against parshall and it was the nicest dunk i seen all year.  i think i liked it better becuz there is something about left handed dunks that gets to me but it was pretty sweet.  he is definately one of the best players in the tournament but i think he should be alittle more selfish cuz i think he could take over.

yea when ur adrenaline is pumping u can do stuff you never thought you could....but i didn't really watch him much, is he naturally left handed cuz that dunk was pretty sweet
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BaldEagle » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:17 pm

grizz wrote:Haha he doesnt seem like the most coordinated guy on the floor. He should have been 5x better with that size.

Make up your mind ;)

Does size make you better or does coordination?

If Mathison had taken basketball seriously for the last 10 years, then I could understand the bashing.  He's taken it seriously and gone to camps for 1 year.  He didn't know he was going to be 6'10" ten years ago. 

BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby grizz » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:24 pm

In high school bball, size is a huge advantage. Being the only 6'10 player in class B, he should have averaged 25+ points a game. I honestly don't know what he did average during the year, but I know he didnt perform well at the state tourny.

Obviously he didn't know he was going to be 6'10, but you know... once you hit about 6'0", you start to realize what position your supposed to be. I'm sure he reached that in about 7th or 8th grade, which means he had plenty of time to work on his post moves.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys