Best Big Man

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby beavof77 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:23 pm

I was just wondering who some of the better highschool post players were. Any really good 6'7 -6'9 posts?
beavof77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:24 pm

North Border has a decent one, kind of uncoordinated but he's good. I know of a couple but can't remember their names...
baseball1981

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:40 pm

Big Mike Mathison (NBE) didnt impress me at all. He missed about 3 or 4 open bunnies in a row. If I were 6'9", I would make sure no one in class B could stop me.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:42 pm

RUDY
fruit snack

Postby BaldEagle » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:48 am

I liked Rudy Young Bird at Bismarck. 

When you grow fast like Mathison, it takes a while for your skills to catch up.  I don't know how I would play if I was 6'10", because I have never had to deal with the coordination problems that come with it.  Some people are also naturally gifted athletes.  Who knows he may have a huge potential if he choses to continue playing basketball and gets with the right program.  I only remember him missing one free throw in the tournament, many big men have problems at the charity line.
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby jimmie44 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:04 am

BaldEagle wrote:I liked Rudy Young Bird at Bismarck. 

When you grow fast like Mathison, it takes a while for your skills to catch up.  I don't know how I would play if I was 6'10", because I have never had to deal with the coordination problems that come with it.  Some people are also naturally gifted athletes.  Who knows he may have a huge potential if he choses to continue playing basketball and gets with the right program.  I only remember him missing one free throw in the tournament, many big men have problems at the charity line.

LIKE I SAID EARLIER, COORDINATION OF A 7TH GRADE GIRL, GOING THROUGH "THE CHANGE"

jimmie44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:51 pm

Mathison had a heck of a state tournament. He proved some people wrong about his game (cough*IA*cough). I also was impressed by Rudy Young Bird. That kid was big, strong, and as quick as a hiccup, not to mention his ability to shoot the lights out. Vetter showed some talent. His offensive game was solid enough and he's a good shot blocker/changer.

Beau Sizer on the other hand was not as impressive as he was made out to be. He seemed to get tired late in the games and he was easily pushed around. That being said, he seemed to find a way to put the ball in the hole.
Last edited by thesports_guy32 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thesports_guy32

Postby feeshattack » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:57 pm

rudy youngbird impressed me also, very physical kid that could move well and score, he will be tough to stop next year.... mathison had his ups and downs, he would impress me and then just stuff me off cuz he would look soo terrible.... i thought sizer did well, he didnt look strong enough to be able to take his game to the next level... rising from trinity also played well, very agile and quick and creates a lot of mismatches due to his speed....vetter didnt impress me....
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys