College

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bisonslayer » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:24 pm

jetblue12 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
thatoneperson wrote:Mike Mathison has not grown into his height and he is still growing you try being 6'10 in 2 years!!!If he goes to UND they will work his butt off and they will get him to be where they want him to be!

I have been to a handful of UND games, Mathison has NO chance to play. Hes to slow and is to unathletic. Sioux are gonna be D-1,  and even if he goes their to play, he will have no part in their transition to D-1.

i agree with you....

careful the north border people think hes an impact player.......

lol yeah i hear ya, yeah an impact player for a small class b school, not the LARGEST university in the state
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:25 pm

jetblue12 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
thatoneperson wrote:Mike Mathison has not grown into his height and he is still growing you try being 6'10 in 2 years!!!If he goes to UND they will work his butt off and they will get him to be where they want him to be!

I have been to a handful of UND games, Mathison has NO chance to play. Hes to slow and is to unathletic. Sioux are gonna be D-1,  and even if he goes their to play, he will have no part in their transition to D-1.

i agree with you....

Actually we've never said anything about how Big Mike is an amazing basketball player or one of the top players in the state.  We just continue to tell people that just because he isn't dominate and he's 6'10 that doesn't mean he isn't good.  He's a very good free throw shooter for any big man, especially one that tall.  We also just tell you that it would be hard for anyone who started HS at SIX FOOT TWO and ended it at SIX FOOT TEN.  He grew 5 inches from his Freshmen to Sophomore year and 3 more from his Sophomore to Junior year.  I still think he could play at UND because there is a chance that they will work on his speed and footwork when he gets there.  Usually thats what coaches do with their players is work on what they aren't good at.  Well, since Mathison has poor footwork and isn't fast enough for a big man, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they'll work on that when he gets there and won't put him on the court until he's ready.  We aren't saying that he's going to be a 4 year starter and lead them to that National Championship but he can't be much worse then Benter and Gutter!
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:26 pm

[user=1074]propel23[/user] wrote:
dominationSCS wrote:[user=1074]propel23[/user] wrote:
beavof77 wrote:[user=1074]propel2[/user]3:

isnt hunt going to the�U of minnesota

Wow! I don't know I guess I haven't heard anything about that. He is good. I would like to hear more about this.

i heard it was either there or St. Louis and he chose minnesota

is he playing bb or just going for school you think we'd hear a little more if he was being recruited by D1 programs not saying he can't play because for all we know he could be very tough but very suprising we don't hear more about this kid

have you ever seen him play....?IMO he was the best senior from his region and got robbed from the award and i also heard a man reason U of M was recruiting him was because of his attitude for the game and how he would never yell at his teamates.... idk if this is all true for sure but thats just what i have heard.....

I saw him play when he was a Jr. he looked good but not D1 good but he obviously improved
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bisonslayer » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:28 pm

beavof77 wrote:
ballaholic#3 wrote:come on about dillon duscherer. good guy but i played against him and not once did our coach say anything about dillon. Ben Duscherer and Mat Sondag were much tougher players and Sondag was mos def the best on the Aggies.

Hey, I was just stating the facts. You can't deny the kid is playing at the next level, he's an athletic kid with potential and obviously the coaches see that. Just because he didn't appear to always look to score doesn't mean he wasn't doing other things out on the court. Sometimes players like that are more important than the ones who try to score everytime they touch the rock. I love how on "ndpreps" people get knocked for being good or get slammed for being bad. Time will tell how all these young men do. Just because you're tough to play in the highschool game doesn't mean you'll be tough in the college game. I've been there done that and see plenty of it. Good luck to all seniors who will get the oppertunity to play longer.
Jamestown specifically recruits JV kids as well. Its basically 2 different teams so dont get to excited.  They need kids for the JV team and kids like duscherer will be a good fit there.
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Weezy Baby » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:29 pm

jetblue12 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:

i agree with you....

hah ya no doubt... shush. sorry guys but i got some news for you. being 6'8" doesnt make you a great player, haha but it should. in mike's case, not at all, hes not very good and i didnt even think he was the best player for north border. anyone agree?
Weezy Baby

Postby BaldEagle » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:31 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Actually we've never said anything about how Big Mike is an amazing basketball player or one of the top players in the state.  We just continue to tell people that just because he isn't dominate and he's 6'10 that doesn't mean he isn't good.  He's a very good free throw shooter for any big man, especially one that tall.  We also just tell you that it would be hard for anyone who started HS at SIX FOOT TWO and ended it at SIX FOOT TEN.  He grew 5 inches from his Freshmen to Sophomore year and 3 more from his Sophomore to Junior year.  I still think he could play at UND because there is a chance that they will work on his speed and footwork when he gets there.  Usually thats what coaches do with their players is work on what they aren't good at.  Well, since Mathison has poor footwork and isn't fast enough for a big man, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they'll work on that when he gets there and won't put him on the court until he's ready.  We aren't saying that he's going to be a 4 year starter and lead them to that National Championship but he can't be much worse then Benter and Gutter!

UND coaches were at the Thompson game taking a look at him.  That's all I know for sure.  There might be people on this messageboard that are smarter than the UND coaches though. ;)
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:33 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:

i agree with you....

Actually we've never said anything about how Big Mike is an amazing basketball player or one of the top players in the state.  We just continue to tell people that just because he isn't dominate and he's 6'10 that doesn't mean he isn't good.  He's a very good free throw shooter for any big man, especially one that tall.  We also just tell you that it would be hard for anyone who started HS at SIX FOOT TWO and ended it at SIX FOOT TEN.  He grew 5 inches from his Freshmen to Sophomore year and 3 more from his Sophomore to Junior year.  I still think he could play at UND because there is a chance that they will work on his speed and footwork when he gets there.  Usually thats what coaches do with their players is work on what they aren't good at.  Well, since Mathison has poor footwork and isn't fast enough for a big man, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they'll work on that when he gets there and won't put him on the court until he's ready.  We aren't saying that he's going to be a 4 year starter and lead them to that National Championship but he can't be much worse then Benter and Gutter!

Yes, I can and will say with 100% certainty that he is much, much worse than Derek Benter.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:37 pm

are justin moe, casey nelson, rj darling, going anywhere????
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaldEagle » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:44 pm

jetblue12 wrote:are justin moe, casey nelson, rj darling, going anywhere????

Talked to RJ at the state tourney, he hasn't decided yet.
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonslayer » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:45 pm

jetblue12 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:

i agree with you....

Come on Benter??? Benter is alot more athletic then Mathiason, Benter All-state tight end that shows athleticism right there. But ok back to Mathiason, UND is goin D-1 they want to bring in kids that are ready to go.  Coaches cant teach athleticism, they can teach fundamentals but cant teach speed and qucikness. MR.BASKETBALL TYLER KOENIG struggles at times with bein to slow but makes up for it with shooting (something mathiason doesnt have) and rebounding, granted he has bad knees, but if a Mr. Basketball isn't that great what is a maybe raw potential going to be like. Its all speculation and prediction but I just dont  see him making it there.
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonslayer » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:47 pm

BaldEagle wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Actually we've never said anything about how Big Mike is an amazing basketball player or one of the top players in the state.  We just continue to tell people that just because he isn't dominate and he's 6'10 that doesn't mean he isn't good.  He's a very good free throw shooter for any big man, especially one that tall.  We also just tell you that it would be hard for anyone who started HS at SIX FOOT TWO and ended it at SIX FOOT TEN.  He grew 5 inches from his Freshmen to Sophomore year and 3 more from his Sophomore to Junior year.  I still think he could play at UND because there is a chance that they will work on his speed and footwork when he gets there.  Usually thats what coaches do with their players is work on what they aren't good at.  Well, since Mathison has poor footwork and isn't fast enough for a big man, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they'll work on that when he gets there and won't put him on the court until he's ready.  We aren't saying that he's going to be a 4 year starter and lead them to that National Championship but he can't be much worse then Benter and Gutter!

UND coaches were at the Thompson game taking a look at him.  That's all I know for sure.  There might be people on this messageboard that are smarter than the UND coaches though. ;)
hmm 6'10, 15 ppg and 10 reb (is that about right? ), why wouldnt take a look at him??? on paper he looks great, that is why they went and looked at him
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:50 pm

bisonslayer wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:

hmm 6'10, 15 ppg and 10 reb (is that about right? ), why wouldnt take a look at him??? on paper he looks great, that is why they went and looked at him

i think it was closer to 10 - 8..
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaldEagle » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:52 pm

Mathison was probably closer to 10 PPG and 8 RPG.  Smith and Meyer were the top tow rebounders.  But the 6'10" height probably got their attention.  That's all the people need to know.   :)
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby hunter48 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:47 pm

jetblue12 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:

i agree with you....

I disagree with you if a kid does grow from 6'2 to 6,10 he should just dominate people.  There is no reason if your 6'10 to not just dominate north dakota basketball.  He has the size but that is it.  He is so unathletic and his height doesnt make up for that.
hunter48

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:28 pm

hunter48 wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:

i agree with you....

I disagree with you if a kid does grow from 6'2 to 6,10 he should just dominate people.  There is no reason if your 6'10 to not just dominate north dakota basketball.  He has the size but that is it.  He is so unathletic and his height doesnt make up for that.
Are you serious right now?  Growing 8 inches in two years would be tough for anyone to adjust to especially when you don't start that growth until the summer before your sophomore year.  Don't you notice that when kids do most of their growing is in elementary and theres always that one kid who's like 6'0 or taller in 6th grade and towers over everyone but he's clumsy and awkward when he plays?  Well usually that kid will get better if he stays with basketball and gets comfortable playing after 3 or 4 years when he's either in 8th/9th grade or so.  Well just as Mathison was getting used to being about 6'2 he bolts up another 5 inches.  He's not a natural athlete like some guys who grow in HS and just get better so it is going to take time. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby simply the best 10 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:27 pm

sportsperson wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:

i agree with you....

Yes, I can and will say with 100% certainty that he is much, much worse than Derek Benter.

I agree 100%. Benter could dominate mathison without breaking a sweat. Benter is a million times more athletic than mathison and he has a very good jumpshot with 3 point range.

Last edited by simply the best 10 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Greatness consists in trying to be great. There is no other way."

"Skill and confidence are an unconquered army."
simply the best 10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Swine-O » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:59 pm

bisonslayer wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:

i agree with you....

Come on Benter??? Benter is alot more athletic then Mathiason, Benter All-state tight end that shows athleticism right there. But ok back to Mathiason, UND is goin D-1 they want to bring in kids that are ready to go.  Coaches cant teach athleticism, they can teach fundamentals but cant teach speed and qucikness. MR.BASKETBALL TYLER KOENIG struggles at times with bein to slow but makes up for it with shooting (something mathiason doesnt have) and rebounding, granted he has bad knees, but if a Mr. Basketball isn't that great what is a maybe raw potential going to be like. Its all speculation and prediction but I just dont  see him making it there.

Come on now, Tyler Koenig not that great???? I've been watching him play since he was in the 6th grade and he used to be absolutely dominant. That's why he went D1 to Wisconson Milwaukee and Started as a true freshman. But then he had knee pain and the coaches there urged him to play through when he should have had surgery, which basically ruined his knee. He's lucky he can still run let alone play basketball and he still dominates at times for UND. so how can you possibly say that he "isn't that great"????????
Tradition Doesn't Graduate
Swine-O
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thatoneperson » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:27 pm

How about we stop bashing Mathison and talk about someone else because its all about Mathison on here!!!
thatoneperson
NDPreps Rookie

Postby web17 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:39 am

jetblue12 wrote:are justin moe, casey nelson, rj darling, going anywhere????

i talked to moe and nelson at the state tourny and moe said he plans on going to Lake Region while nelson is deciding on concordia and jamestown...he gave up the walk-on chance at UND and he wants to play fball and bball at concordia, as for darling i didn't even see him at state.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hunterlaf » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:46 am

Did Hunt score a 1000 pionts or what does anybody know
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BaldEagle » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:25 am

web17 wrote:as for darling i didn't even see him at state.

Sitting in the Four Winds section Saturday night. :cool:
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:41 am

BaldEagle wrote:[user=1963]web17[/user] wrote:
as for darling i didn't even see him at state.
Sitting in the Four Winds section Saturday night. :cool:

he was there......hes a player, i seen him with like 4 different girls
fruit snack

Postby fightingsioux20 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:40 pm

Thats good basketball info haha
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby carolina blue » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:50 pm

sorry but mike mathison is not very good for being 6'10". during the trinity game, tyler barth was pushing mathison out of the lane almost everytime mathison attempted to post up. barth is like 6'2". mathison should dominate class b cuz there are not many 6'6" bball players, let alone 6'10" to guard him.

i wasn't motivated to read all the previous posts but i saw something about ndsu and him. if he cant dominate in class, there is no way he can play at ndsu
Last edited by carolina blue on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaldEagle » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:29 pm

carolina blue wrote:sorry but mike mathison is not very good for being 6'10". during the trinity game, tyler barth was pushing mathison out of the lane almost everytime mathison attempted to post up. barth is like 6'2". mathison should dominate class b cuz there are not many 6'6" bball players, let alone 6'10" to guard him.

i wasn't motivated to read all the previous posts but i saw something about ndsu and him. if he cant dominate in class, there is no way he can play at ndsu

I missed the DT vs North Border game at state :P  :D
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys