College

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:33 pm

rezball34 wrote:herd UNC IS RECRUITING JESSIE MANY RIBS FROM PARSHALL  NO LIE  AND HE IS ONLY A JUNIOR  THATS JUSS WHAT I HERD

no lie thats just what you heard where did you hear that from its just sounds so stupid i wonder whos mouth that came out of

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:35 pm

cdub1 wrote:
rezball34 wrote:herd UNC IS RECRUITING JESSIE MANY RIBS FROM PARSHALL  NO LIE  AND HE IS ONLY A JUNIOR  THATS JUSS WHAT I HERD

no lie thats just what you heard where did you hear that from its just sounds so stupid i wonder whos mouth that came out of

Thats funny, but you're a little early on that one, it's not April Fools day until Monday!
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:56 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Thats funny, but you're a little early on that one, it's not April Fools day until Monday!

good lord, i didn't even consider that. remind me not to be on here on monday.
rep

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:03 am

fightingsioux20 wrote:Anybody from Wells County playing college ball

not basketball
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:25 am

cdub1 wrote:

usually to play college ball you might have to shoot now and then.  how does he get looks from the ACC when the Pack's dont even get looks out of the midwest region? thats an interesting lie there
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BaldEagle » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:44 am

baseball wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

usually to play college ball you might have to shoot now and then.  how does he get looks from the ACC when the Pack's dont even get looks out of the midwest region? thats an interesting lie there

Just sent an email to my buddy that played for UNC to check it out.
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:50 am

BaldEagle wrote:
baseball wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Just sent an email to my buddy that played for UNC to check it out.
who do you know that played for UNC?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NBE2007 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:12 am

There was a guy from Langdon that played for UNC and went to school with my mom but I can't remember his name. Sometime back in the 1970's i wanna say?
Last edited by NBE2007 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
NBE2007

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:48 pm

horne98 wrote:i mean i was the first to say give Mathison credit for putting some work in. BUt come on. At best he is a second option at center as a junior or senior year.
OK since everyone is trying to act like college recruiters lets look at strengths and weeknesses.

Strengths:Size, Work Ethic, His ability facing the basket, rebounding, good finisher, can hit open shots within fifteen feet, and has a good attitude/

Weeknesses: Strength, Natural athletic ability, Post Moves, Conditioning, a defense liability, offense with back to the basket, penetration on the block, defensive positioning, and overall agressiveness.

Overall: A project.

strength, post moves, conditioning, defense, defensive positioning, and back to the basket offense are all things that can be coached/taught/trained.... and as for you people who think he's clumsy, as soon as he gets stronger in his legs and core (which greatly affect balance) he will be a lot more coordinated. yes a project but a lot of his weaknesses can be fixed in his redshirt year.
thesports_guy32

Postby BaldEagle » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:19 pm

NBE2007 wrote:There was a guy from Langdon that played for UNC and went to school with my mom but I can't remember his name. Sometime back in the 1970's i wanna say?

That would be Phil Ferris (sp).  I never met Phil, but he was also drafted by the Denver Broncos.
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby simply the best 10 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:59 pm

thesports_guy32 wrote:
horne98 wrote:i mean i was the first to say give Mathison credit for putting some work in. BUt come on. At best he is a second option at center as a junior or senior year.
OK since everyone is trying to act like college recruiters lets look at strengths and weeknesses.

Strengths:Size, Work Ethic, His ability facing the basket, rebounding, good finisher, can hit open shots within fifteen feet, and has a good attitude/

Weeknesses: Strength, Natural athletic ability, Post Moves, Conditioning, a defense liability, offense with back to the basket, penetration on the block, defensive positioning, and overall agressiveness.

strength, post moves, conditioning, defense, defensive positioning, and back to the basket offense are all things that can be coached/taught/trained.... and as for you people who think he's clumsy, as soon as he gets stronger in his legs and core (which greatly affect balance) he will be a lot more coordinated. yes a project but a lot of his weaknesses can be fixed in his redshirt year.

I think it would take more than a year.
"Greatness consists in trying to be great. There is no other way."

"Skill and confidence are an unconquered army."
simply the best 10
NDPreps Starter

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:01 am

that's your opinion but i'm talking about from the time he gets there until the start of the next season.
thesports_guy32

Postby PA42 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:13 pm

about is much truth to that as chicago winning pennant.
PA42

Postby cubsfan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:30 pm

horne98 wrote:about is much truth to that as chicago winning pennant.

I found out this rumor is wrong.  I don't you should question anyone there old horne.  Cause the only thing we hear come out of your mouth is how good Babe Ruth coach's make lemonade and a bunch of nonsense you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby jetblue12 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:41 pm

simply the best 10 wrote:
thesports_guy32 wrote:

I think it would take more than a year.

as a 6th year senior maybe 4 ppg 3 rpg
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaldEagle » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:08 pm

jetblue12 wrote:as a 6th year senior maybe 4 ppg 3 rpg

These numbers would be a compliment to many college players.  There are a lot of great, athletic high school players from ND, that did not have that high of an average after they moved on to college.  The norm is the top scorers on a Divsion I team will be from a state other than North Dakota.

BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigBalla » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:33 am

Actually I heard that the Packineuas are both getting looked at by Concordia pretty hard. They'd be a great fit at a school like that.
BigBalla
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mr. Me Too » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:48 pm

I thought i overheard some people sayin' that the packineau's are were goin' to a visit to BSC, and they are considering goin' there...
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kobe4mvp » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:13 pm

propel23 wrote:
beavof77 wrote:Tony Ironheart (FW) - Lake Region

Adam Hunt (Dunseith) - BSC

Mark Bakkum(Steele-Dawson) - U. of Mary

Rob Getzloff (DLB) - Minot State/Jamestown

Dillon Duchsherer (Velva) - Jamestown

Packineaus (Parshall) Minot State/Mayville

Sizer (Barnes County North) - Jamestown

:I'm not sure how many of these are official but these are some possibilities I believe.

isnt hunt going to the U of minnesota

he's been gettin a lot of offers from all over i hear so i'm sure he's not even 100 percent sure where he is going yet but i know that any team that gets hunt is lucky and he will help out any college team
kobe4mvp

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:51 pm

i don't know why everyone on this site hates on him so much. he's a good kid. just lay off. personally, i think he will become much more than a lot of you think. don't hate because he's 6'10" and has an opportunity that you wish you could have.
thesports_guy32

Postby web17 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:10 pm

thesports_guy32 wrote:

i don't know why everyone on this site hates on him so much. he's a good kid. just lay off. personally, i think he will become much more than a lot of you think. don't hate because he's 6'10" and has an opportunity that you wish you could have.

i would love to be 6'10. but if i was, i know i would be working day in and day out to get the coordination level it takes to play a higher level than hs. i dont know him personally, but he seems like the kind of guy who settles, like he thinks 6'10 will get him by. but like i said, i dont know him.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Diamond D » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:48 am

I believe the Packineau's are going to visit Lake Region.  It is my understanding that Tony has been talking with them as well as Coach Graupe.

I heard rumor Darling will be going to Lake Region and the Moe kid out of Park River as well.

If this comes true, LRSC could end up recruiting 5 ND all state players. 

I also believe that Littlewind from last year's FW team will be accompaning Tony to LRSC.

With just a win away from a National Tournament this year, LRSC has been getting stronger and stronger.  Not only that, the possibilities for these kids to go onto D-1 schools after playing at Lake Region jumps extremely high.  Many of the girls players have taken advantage of this and the guys are seeing the advantage of this as well.

Add in the possibility of playing with dynamic players such as former Mr. Basketball Travis Mertens, the 6'10" Valco Lakevich, and high flying Ola Adegboella (sp?) and there is a foundation to definitely grow on.

I guess we will have to see how everything pans out in the coming weeks.  Who knows?
Diamond D

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:10 pm

web17 wrote:
thesports_guy32 wrote:

i would love to be 6'10. but if i was, i know i would be working day in and day out to get the coordination level it takes to play a higher level than hs. i dont know him personally, but he seems like the kind of guy who settles, like he thinks 6'10 will get him by. but like i said, i dont know him.
Yeah you're right I would love to be 6'10 too and I know I'd be working day in and day out to get the coordination level it takes to play at a higher level than hs as well.  That being said, what do you think Mike was doing for about the last two years once he found out he was 6'6 and still had room to grow?  I guess last summer playing aau basketball with team north dakota says that he likes to settle and just get by at 6 10.  I'm getting sick of everyone on this site other than a few people (thesports_guy32, NBE 2007, Bald Eagle, The Schwab, North Border, and myself) bashing him all the time.  You think just because he's 6 10 that he should be as good as someone like Qvale.  Big Mike wasn't a conventional 6 10 basketball player.  When he was a freshmen he was the shortest post player at 6'2 on our entire team A,B, or C and then as a senior he's the tallest player in the state by a considerable margin. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:36 am

i think everyone has gotten their jabs in. this topic has gone too far.
PA42

Previous

Return to Boys