College

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby BaldEagle » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:58 am

Weezy Baby wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:does mike mathison from north border look like hes capable of playing at mayville state or und?

haha good one. mike mathison isnt good enought o play high school ball. hes is really bad.

Anyone that is good enough to play high school basketball going against the best team in the state can get 17 points and 10 rebounds. ;)
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:51 am

ok tony ironheart is a stud class b player in north dakota but for people to think that he will ever beable to go to ndsu and play no matter how well he does at lake region is pretty crazy.  he is one of the best players in the state but ndsu has ben woodside as their point guard right now and tony will never be that good becuz its not possible.  he is a very good player but d1 is all about athleticism and length.  u could name any player to come out of north dakota in the history of the game and i dont think u would name a quicker guard than ben woodside. 
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby jimmie44 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:01 am

:clap:Hooray for the double-double.....but he has the coordination of a 7th grade girl. 
jimmie44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jimmie44 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:02 am

BaldEagle wrote:
Weezy Baby wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:does mike mathison from north border look like hes capable of playing at mayville state or und?

haha good one. mike mathison isnt good enought o play high school ball. hes is really bad.

Anyone that is good enough to play high school basketball going against the best team in the state can get 17 points and 10 rebounds. ;)

My Bad....SEE ABOVE :)
jimmie44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby first.round.chokes » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:31 am

I heard that they were considering minot state too, and their coaches pretty much attacked them after they won the state championship, so that could mean they are interested[user=2086]ace[/user] wrote:
beavof77 wrote:Tony Ironheart (FW) - Lake Region

Adam Hunt (Dunseith) - BSC

Mark Bakkum(Steele-Dawson) - U. of Mary

Rob Getzloff (DLB) - Minot State/Jamestown

Dillon Duchsherer (Velva) - Jamestown

Packineaus (Parshall) Minot State/Mayville

Sizer (Barnes County North) - Jamestown

:I'm not sure how many of these are official but these are some possibilities I believe.

i heard that minot state isnt really trying to bring anyone in this year, so are u sure the packs and Getzloff might go there???? if so tell me more about it
first.round.chokes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:38 am

wheres lorenz goin?
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaldEagle » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:39 am

jimmie44 wrote::clap:Hooray for the double-double.....but he has the coordination of a 7th grade girl. 

Doesn't say much for Class B basketball, does it. :shock:

BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:40 am

jimmie44 wrote::clap:Hooray for the double-double.....but he has the coordination of a 7th grade girl. 

I would like to see how coordinated you are if you grew 8 inches in 2 years.
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby feeshattack » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:46 pm

Tanner Frieson(spelling) from Shiloh is being reqruited by SD tech, but has not committed to anywere yet
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thatoneperson » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:21 pm

Mike Mathison has not grown into his height and he is still growing you try being 6'10 in 2 years!!!If he goes to UND they will work his butt off and they will get him to be where they want him to be!
thatoneperson
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ballaholic#3 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:02 pm

sportsperson wrote:
beavof77 wrote:None of this 100% accuarte but if I'm not mistaking I think he was a 4 year started for Velva. 6'3 well built forward. He's very versitle and gets up and down the court very well. He probably avg. 15 and 10 or so?? Like I said I'm not sure if the numbers are accuarate but from what I've seen and read in the paper it's roughly that. I don't know if you've seen him play "sportsperson" but I don't see why he won't succeed.

I've actually played against him and he wasn't anything special at all in my opinion. He was a good 3 point shooter but that was about all he looked to do on offense and he had absolutely zero interest in playing any defense whatsoever. Last time I checked defense was a pretty important part of the game, especially in college basketball.

come on about dillon duscherer. good guy but i played against him and not once did our coach say anything about dillon. Ben Duscherer and Mat Sondag were much tougher players and Sondag was mos def the best on the Aggies.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby propel23 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:07 pm

dominationSCS wrote:[user=1074]propel23[/user] wrote:
beavof77 wrote:[user=1074]propel2[/user]3:

isnt hunt going to the�U of minnesota

Wow! I don't know I guess I haven't heard anything about that. He is good. I would like to hear more about this.

i heard it was either there or St. Louis and he chose minnesota

is he playing bb or just going for school you think we'd hear a little more if he was being recruited by D1 programs not saying he can't play because for all we know he could be very tough but very suprising we don't hear more about this kid

have you ever seen him play....?IMO he was the best senior from his region and got robbed from the award and i also heard a man reason U of M was recruiting him was because of his attitude for the game and how he would never yell at his teamates.... idk if this is all true for sure but thats just what i have heard.....
propel23

Postby beavof77 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:11 pm

ballaholic#3 wrote:come on about dillon duscherer. good guy but i played against him and not once did our coach say anything about dillon. Ben Duscherer and Mat Sondag were much tougher players and Sondag was mos def the best on the Aggies.

Hey, I was just stating the facts. You can't deny the kid is playing at the next level, he's an athletic kid with potential and obviously the coaches see that. Just because he didn't appear to always look to score doesn't mean he wasn't doing other things out on the court. Sometimes players like that are more important than the ones who try to score everytime they touch the rock. I love how on "ndpreps" people get knocked for being good or get slammed for being bad. Time will tell how all these young men do. Just because you're tough to play in the highschool game doesn't mean you'll be tough in the college game. I've been there done that and see plenty of it. Good luck to all seniors who will get the oppertunity to play longer.
beavof77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballaholic#3 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:28 pm

beavof77 wrote:
ballaholic#3 wrote:come on about dillon duscherer. good guy but i played against him and not once did our coach say anything about dillon. Ben Duscherer and Mat Sondag were much tougher players and Sondag was mos def the best on the Aggies.

Hey, I was just stating the facts. You can't deny the kid is playing at the next level, he's an athletic kid with potential and obviously the coaches see that. Just because he didn't appear to always look to score doesn't mean he wasn't doing other things out on the court. Sometimes players like that are more important than the ones who try to score everytime they touch the rock. I love how on "ndpreps" people get knocked for being good or get slammed for being bad. Time will tell how all these young men do. Just because you're tough to play in the highschool game doesn't mean you'll be tough in the college game. I've been there done that and see plenty of it. Good luck to all seniors who will get the oppertunity to play longer.
yes tough kids in high school may not be that tough in college but is that the same for "untough" kids. dillon duscherer is not a college player but if he does make it i just wish him the best of luck.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:39 pm

Mike Mathison may not have been Brian Q. throughout his HS career but I don't think it is ever a good idea to write off a 6-10 kid. 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby beavof77 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:43 pm

I did hear today that Adam Hunt is going to try to walk for the Gophers. Can anyone varify this for sure?
Last edited by beavof77 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beavof77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby propel23 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:46 pm

beavof77 wrote:I did hear today that Adam Hunt is going to try to walk for the Gophers. Can anyone varify this for sure?

i talked to the coach from my school and that is also what he said but i didnt know it was as a walk on i thought he was getting recruited by them
propel23

Postby beavof77 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:52 pm

Yeah, I heard that it was a little of both. They recruited him but aren't going to give him any "money" to come there. But they'd love for him to learn the system and see if he has what it takes to be a D1 player.
beavof77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby feeshattack » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:05 pm

the hoopster has Adam Hunt as a Junior? is that correct?
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby propel23 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:08 pm

no he's a senior
propel23

Postby bisonslayer » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:11 pm

thatoneperson wrote:Mike Mathison has not grown into his height and he is still growing you try being 6'10 in 2 years!!!If he goes to UND they will work his butt off and they will get him to be where they want him to be!

I have been to a handful of UND games, Mathison has NO chance to play. Hes to slow and is to unathletic. Sioux are gonna be D-1,  and even if he goes their to play, he will have no part in their transition to D-1.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonslayer » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:13 pm

propel23 wrote:
beavof77 wrote:I did hear today that Adam Hunt is going to try to walk for the Gophers. Can anyone varify this for sure?

i talked to the coach from my school and that is also what he said but i didnt know it was as a walk on i thought he was getting recruited by them

He probably is getting recruited, coaches often ask kids to join as a walk-on.
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:14 pm

bisonslayer wrote:
thatoneperson wrote:Mike Mathison has not grown into his height and he is still growing you try being 6'10 in 2 years!!!If he goes to UND they will work his butt off and they will get him to be where they want him to be!

I have been to a handful of UND games, Mathison has NO chance to play. Hes to slow and is to unathletic. Sioux are gonna be D-1,  and even if he goes their to play, he will have no part in their transition to D-1.

i agree with you....

careful the north border people think hes an impact player.......
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby triple » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:16 pm

Dillon needs to improve on his basketball sense if he plays at the next level. He has all the potential to be a good player but needs to get smarter as a player. As of his high school season he averaged about 10 points a game, and about 6 boards a game. He had a lot of bad shots that he took throughout the season. He could be a good player at the next level if he works on his mental game. Good Luck next year that plays colllege ball you are the few that get the opportunity!!
triple

Postby bisonslayer » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:18 pm

sodadrinker wrote:ok tony ironheart is a stud class b player in north dakota but for people to think that he will ever beable to go to ndsu and play no matter how well he does at lake region is pretty crazy.  he is one of the best players in the state but ndsu has ben woodside as their point guard right now and tony will never be that good becuz its not possible.  he is a very good player but d1 is all about athleticism and length.  u could name any player to come out of north dakota in the history of the game and i dont think u would name a quicker guard than ben woodside. 

.....Jeff Boschee, gotta be pretty quick to win Defensive player of the year in the big 12. Woodside is very quick though. Woodside Independent player of the year but I gotta with Boschee. If at all it makes for a good argument.
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys