Sportsmanship

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby IceCold_Football » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:12 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:
jetblue12 wrote::clap: good job dickinson fans, keep complaining.....:clap:

:clap:  just accept that your team lost       :clap:

:alc:

They always complain when they lose.  A trinity coach or fan will never say hey we got beat because they were better than us tonight. They will always beat around the bush and say well it could have gone the other way tonight.. Admit when you lose please!!!
AA Do u know wat ur talkin about were not complaining. you would know this if you were at the titan social after the game. the coaches even said parshall played better and that they were happy that they got second. Dont blame any complaining on the good coaching that took place because grinstiner knows that they lost fair and square and he would never complain about loosing becasue hes gonna come out next year ready to have another great season as a head coach
IceCold_Football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoser94 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:39 pm

project-pat wrote:Yeah, Trinity's crowd did surprise, they didn't do one thing that was considered unsportsmanlike at all. I don't think silly string and toilet paper is unclassy either, it's just a normal celebration.

WHen parker pladson was shooting his 4 free throws some people were yelling there faces of way in the high sections

hoser94

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:42 pm

hoser94 wrote:
project-pat wrote:Yeah, Trinity's crowd did surprise, they didn't do one thing that was considered unsportsmanlike at all. I don't think silly string and toilet paper is unclassy either, it's just a normal celebration.

WHen parker pladson was shooting his 4 free throws some people were yelling there faces of way in the high sections

wow, a few people yelling from the nosebleeds shouldn't really bother a player
project-pat

Postby IceCold_Football » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:51 pm

project-pat wrote:
hoser94 wrote:

It was a more than a few people from the nosebleads it was like the whole crowd...but im not sayin trinity never yelled at all to try and make a brave miss a shot but not during their freethrows
IceCold_Football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:54 pm

IceCold_Football wrote:
project-pat wrote:
hoser94 wrote:

It was a more than a few people from the nosebleads it was like the whole crowd...but im not sayin trinity never yelled at all to try and make a brave miss a shot but not during their freethrows

oh, I was mostly just joking, but the way he said "some" made it sound like only 2 or 3 ppl, and my mother always told me never to trust an 11 year old haha jk.

I think we should pretty much drop the issue, both crowds showed overall great sportsmanship.
project-pat

Postby grizz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:55 pm

They did that I think twice and it was within the last 2 or 3 minutes of the game. They backed off because they knew it wasnt gonna to throw off their shot and knew it was unsportsmanlike.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:56 pm

grizz wrote:They did that I think twice and it was within the last 2 or 3 minutes of the game. They backed off because they knew it wasnt gonna to throw off their shot and knew it was unsportsmanlike.

alright thanks grizz, I believe it now. I just couldn't take an 11 year old's word, they tend to blow things out of porportion.
project-pat

Postby blaze88 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:59 pm

ok stop complaining about the missed freethrows. first off when he missed those freethrows he was on the trinity end of the court. second he couldnt handle the pressure. and third i was in the parshall crowd and i was not yelling or any of my friends around me, we clapped when he missed though. and there is not a rule in the rule book that says everyone be qiuet when someone shoots a freethrow, people shoot shots when the crowd is going nuts so y not when shooting freethrows. if anything thats when it should be the most loud because the are FREE points.
blaze88

Postby grizz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:02 pm

blaze88 wrote:ok stop complaining about the missed freethrows. first off when he missed those freethrows he was on the trinity end of the court. second he couldnt handle the pressure. and third i was in the parshall crowd and i was not yelling or any of my friends around me, we clapped when he missed though. and there is not a rule in the rule book that says everyone be qiuet when someone shoots a freethrow, people shoot shots when the crowd is going nuts so y not when shooting freethrows. if anything thats when it should be the most loud because the are FREE points.

Ok I'm really not saying that the crowd made him miss the free throws cuz I have never believed in that, but it is very unsportsmanlike. And I don't know if you had ear plugs in or something, because all the student section AND the parshall parent section were yelling. If you don't remember, the parent section was on Trinity's end of the court.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby IceCold_Football » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:16 pm

project-pat wrote:
IceCold_Football wrote:
project-pat wrote:
hoser94 wrote:

oh, I was mostly just joking, but the way he said "some" made it sound like only 2 or 3 ppl, and my mother always told me never to trust an 11 year old haha jk.

I think we should pretty much drop the issue, both crowds showed overall great sportsmanship.

o lol ya i wouldnt agree with a 11 year old either but ya umm i agree lets get off the subject
IceCold_Football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballaholic#3 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:30 pm

did the crowd cause the trinity kid to miss his free throws or did the crowd cause him to miss worse then he was going to. i think a brick off the backboard and an airball were not solely caused by the crowd but rather by poor freethrow shooting.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:45 pm

grizz wrote:
blaze88 wrote:ok stop complaining about the missed freethrows. first off when he missed those freethrows he was on the trinity end of the court. second he couldnt handle the pressure. and third i was in the parshall crowd and i was not yelling or any of my friends around me, we clapped when he missed though. and there is not a rule in the rule book that says everyone be qiuet when someone shoots a freethrow, people shoot shots when the crowd is going nuts so y not when shooting freethrows. if anything thats when it should be the most loud because the are FREE points.

Ok I'm really not saying that the crowd made him miss the free throws cuz I have never believed in that, but it is very unsportsmanlike. And I don't know if you had ear plugs in or something, because all the student section AND the parshall parent section were yelling. If you don't remember, the parent section was on Trinity's end of the court.

i was in the parshall section and noone by me was yelling

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby brownbomber » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:05 pm

one team wins and one team loses thats how it is. When your side wins nothings wrong with it, when your side loses your angry thats just how it is.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby commonman » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:13 pm

I hear there is a new NDHSAA policy about crowd participation it will be announced next year before every game.

"Please sit on your hands the whole game, the team that was just scored on finds it offensive that you are clapping and it may hurt their feelings. When the opposing team is shooting free-throws please look the other was because eye contact may cause the player to be distracted and he/she may miss their shot. After a turnover there is to be no emotion displayed by anyone in the gym. Following the game the teams are to shake hands go to their locker rooms change and enver talk to each other again because something offensive may be said"
commonman

Postby sportsperson » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:16 pm

commonman wrote:I hear there is a new NDHSAA policy about crowd participation it will be announced next year before every game.

"Please sit on your hands the whole game, the team that was just scored on finds it offensive that you are clapping and it may hurt their feelings. When the opposing team is shooting free-throws please look the other was because eye contact may cause the player to be distracted and he/she may miss their shot. After a turnover there is to be no emotion displayed by anyone in the gym. Following the game the teams are to shake hands go to their locker rooms change and enver talk to each other again because something offensive may be said"

Haha, nicely put.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:37 pm

ND_Fan wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:
carolina blue wrote:last time i checked, no trinity fans are complaining. they are admitting that they were outplayed. the airhorn has nothing to do with the outcome of the game, it was unsportsmanlike to blow it at a game.

ok if that isnt complaining i better google the word complaining    :clap:

Or you could google the word idiot. Trinity fans are pointing out the obvious that there was alot of unsportsmanlike behavior displayed at state. Especially by the native american teams' fans. I guess four winds had to rub it in Trinity's face since they couldnt. 

ND_Fan  ouch that hurt my feelings.
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:42 pm

commonman wrote:I hear there is a new NDHSAA policy about crowd participation it will be announced next year before every game.

now thats a great bit dan.
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby IceCold_Football » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:00 pm

ok we arnt saying that you cant cheer for your team just dont be jerks about it and be unsportsmen like i mean how bad is when the parents at the end of the game point at the loosing teams fans and laughs at them. now wouldnt you consider that unsportmen like or not
IceCold_Football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby J-Rod34 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:11 pm

IceCold_Football wrote:ok we arnt saying that you cant cheer for your team just dont be jerks about it and be unsportsmen like i mean how bad is when the parents at the end of the game point at the loosing teams fans and laughs at them. now wouldnt you consider that unsportmen like or not

How do you know they are parents and not just fans? I didn't see any of this but I was not in an area where I would have saw it.
J-Rod34

Postby blaze88 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:12 pm

IceCold_Football wrote:ok we arnt saying that you cant cheer for your team just dont be jerks about it and be unsportsmen like i mean how bad is when the parents at the end of the game point at the loosing teams fans and laughs at them. now wouldnt you consider that unsportmen like or not

were u sitting in the parshall section? do u know what they were laughing about because i really dont think u know nor does anybody except those parents
blaze88

Postby fruit snack » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:17 pm

parker pladson missin those 4 free thorws and airing one of them....talk bout choking
Last edited by fruit snack on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fruit snack

Postby J-Rod34 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:51 pm

HAHAHA- I always loved that one. What a great Basketball Sportsmanship Mind.
J-Rod34

Postby dogfather » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:00 pm

You dont realize that this is parshalls first state championship in a super long time. There is so much fan support from the people that see that team play every game that you would be doing the same thing if your team won a state championship.
dogfather
NDPreps Rookie

Postby dogfather » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:00 pm

Last edited by dogfather on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dogfather
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rep » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:08 pm

dogfather wrote:You dont realize that this is parshalls first state championship in a super long time. There is so much fan support from the people that see that team play every game that you would be doing the same thing if your team won a state championship.

32 years isn't that long...i mean, there are still people around that would remember it...the players themselves would only be 50. i would think that if a school/team hadn't won a title since, say, the 1950s or 1930s....then it is a long time.
Last edited by rep on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

PreviousNext

Return to Boys