Sportsmanship

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Larrylegend33 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:10 pm

I attended the title game and I thought I'd point out a couple acts of good sportsmanship that stood out in my mind:

- When Jordan Rising fouled out, I thought it was very classy how the Parshall players made their way to the Trinity bench to give him a handshake/pat on the back. 

- I could be wrong, but I did not hear the Trinity student section boo an opponent or a call by the referee during this tournament.  I never heard them cheer 'airball', either.  At the end of the title game, I actually saw some of the older students take charge and tell others not to throw toilet paper/silly string/objects onto the court.  I mention this because objects were thrown at the Trinity students at the end of the Region 7 title game. 

I bet that some people will respond with stories of poor sportsmanship, but I thought that the players and coaches on all eight teams generally showed great sportsmanship throughout the tournament.  I hope that people on this website will follow their example.  
Larrylegend33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demon201 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:43 am

Absolutely the Trinity fan section deserves credit for their performance throughout the tournament. 

I was disappointed by the booing of the players (even the team host!) during the starting lineups in the title game that was coming from the Parshall student section.  It's not like you are booing thugs, as is sometimes heard in higher levels of various sports; people like Randy Moss and Terrell Owens getting booed in away stadiums come to mind.  Parshall could have been classy in taking their first title in 32 years, but instead their student section really put a black mark on the night. 

I would commend the adults nearby who came over and really got on their case for the early airhorn.  The students responded well and put it away after that.
demon201
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:27 pm

Hey if I was in a student section for a team who hasn't won a title in 32 years, I am pretty sure that I would go crazy too. I didn't really see anything that Parshall fans did after the game that would be considered "unclassy", just the normal silly string and TP. But it was very annoying and disrespectful when the Parshall fans, AND PARENTS, were yelling during titan free throws. GROW UP!
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:29 pm

Yeah, Trinity's crowd did surprise, they didn't do one thing that was considered unsportsmanlike at all. I don't think silly string and toilet paper is unclassy either, it's just a normal celebration.
project-pat

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:37 pm

grizz wrote:Hey if I was in a student section for a team who hasn't won a title in 32 years, I am pretty sure that I would go crazy too. I didn't really see anything that Parshall fans did after the game that would be considered "unclassy", just the normal silly string and TP. But it was very annoying and disrespectful when the Parshall fans, AND PARENTS, were yelling during titan free throws. GROW UP!
hey man....trinity fans were doing that during parshall's free thows too.....it happens....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsjunkie » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:57 pm

Well pertty much everyone in the gym who wasn't part of the Trinity cheering sections was chering against them.  You would look around and every time Parshall did something good about evryone in the gym would cheer for them and then boo for Trinity.  I for one was glad Trinity lost.
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSUbison! » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:59 pm

Only during the last few minute like 3:00 on. But the whole game the brave fans were yelling cuss words during free throws....now thats rediculous....get some class im sorry but it upset me
NDSUbison!

Postby J-Rod34 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:26 pm

NDSUbison! wrote:Only during the last few minute like 3:00 on. But the whole game the brave fans were yelling cuss words during free throws....now thats rediculous....get some class im sorry but it upset me

I was sitting in the Parshall Student section and I did not hear any cuss words, where were you sitting at? On a sidenote a lot of the people in that student section were not even from Parshall especially after you got past the first 5-6 rows. It was nice though to have the support of so many people in the building.

Thanks to everyone who was a Parshall fan last night. It ws a good championship game.
Last edited by J-Rod34 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-Rod34

Postby BaldEagle » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:32 pm

NDSUbison! wrote:Only during the last few minute like 3:00 on. But the whole game the brave fans were yelling cuss words during free throws....now thats rediculous....get some class im sorry but it upset me

There will always be a few fans from each team that will cross the line.  The Trinity fans cheering as a group during free throws was not sporty, no matter what time was on the clock.  The players on both sides showed great sportsmanship though.
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby gamechanger » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:35 pm

I thought the sportsmanship was just fine, did anyone else notice like the whole stadium was cheering for parshall except for trinity's fans!  I thought it was awsome! Great championship game!
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mauer07 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:27 pm

gamechanger wrote:I thought the sportsmanship was just fine, did anyone else notice like the whole stadium was cheering for parshall except for trinity's fans!  I thought it was awsome! Great championship game!

what do you mean that was awesome??? I think it was so ridiculous how all of the Parshall fans were hooting and yelling during Trinity's free throws. And I saw a whole bunch of Parshall's parents with about a minute left in the game pointing and laughing at the Trinity Student section. Also which was pretty PATHETIC was that while Trinity was going up to receive its 2nd place tournament a Parshal Parent went up to the team/parent section and held up a #1 finger. That is so DISRESPECTFULL and it should never be done again. It was absolutly ridicoulous!
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsperson » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:36 pm

Mauer07 wrote:
gamechanger wrote:I thought the sportsmanship was just fine, did anyone else notice like the whole stadium was cheering for parshall except for trinity's fans!  I thought it was awsome! Great championship game!

what do you mean that was awesome??? I think it was so ridiculous how all of the Parshall fans were hooting and yelling during Trinity's free throws. And I saw a whole bunch of Parshall's parents with about a minute left in the game pointing and laughing at the Trinity Student section. Also which was pretty PATHETIC was that while Trinity was going up to receive its 2nd place tournament a Parshal Parent went up to the team/parent section and held up a #1 finger. That is so DISRESPECTFULL and it should never be done again. It was absolutly ridicoulous!

You sound like my mom.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby commonman » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:06 pm

Sounds like there are a lof of poor losers for Dickinson Trinity. You guys are a power house in your Region, it would be nice if you could let Parshall enjoy this one- after all it is there first in 32 years. Trinity won last season and I would doubt that they had any complaints then.
commonman

Postby bbjay » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:17 pm

There were signs of disrespect on both sides, with regards to the fans.....who cares?  The players were very respectful towards one another, and I think that's what matters more than anything.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby IceCold_Football » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:18 pm

i also found it very anoying when the parshall fans kids were playin basketball with little balls during the awards im mean if u take ur kids to a state championship game at least control them because they do get very very anoying
IceCold_Football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:29 pm

IceCold_Football wrote:i also found it very anoying when the parshall fans kids were playin basketball with little balls during the awards im mean if u take ur kids to a state championship game at least control them because they do get very very anoying

k that wuznt really a big deal at all

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby carolina blue » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:53 pm

and blowing an air horn is sporty? i think not. i was disappointed that fans booed trinity before the game. now that's ridiculous. show some respect. but all that matters is that parshall outplayed trinity and deserves the trophy. congrats to both teams.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:01 pm

:clap: good job dickinson fans, keep complaining.....:clap:

:clap:  just accept that your team lost       :clap:

:alc:
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby carolina blue » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:03 pm

i dont see any trinity fans complaining. everyone from trinity knows that they were straight outplayed.

fans dont play the games, the players do and they arent complaining.
Last edited by carolina blue on Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:13 pm

carolina blue wrote:i dont see any trinity fans complaining. everyone from trinity knows that they were straight outplayed.

fans dont play the games, the players do and they arent complaining.

read the stuff above over again, i may have misunderstood....:clap::clap:

jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby IceCold_Football » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:21 pm

were not complaining if it sounds like it o well ive said this already and ill say it again we were out played if i complained its that people are putting trinity down when the other teams fans were booing team hosts coaches and players during starting lie-up
IceCold_Football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:33 pm

IceCold_Football wrote:were not complaining if it sounds like it o well ive said this already and ill say it again we were out played if i complained its that people are putting trinity down when the other teams fans were booing team hosts coaches and players during starting lie-up

haha who would boo a team host? seriously, they are the nicest guys at the state tourney and have nothing to do with the games, that's the only thing i disagree with.

800 BALLIN CHEA
project-pat

Postby fruit snack » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:36 pm

who cares.....parshall won, it was a good game......PARSHALL STATE CHAMPS!!!!
fruit snack

Postby ace » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:55 pm

I did notice how the entire crowd except for the trinity section was cheering for parshall.... i was glad to see that and i no its not good to bring a air horn and its bad sportsmanship, but whoever did it has some balls and i thought it was funny, rising didnt miss the free throw cuz of it...
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:18 pm

ace wrote:I did notice how the entire crowd except for the trinity section was cheering for parshall.... i was glad to see that and i no its not good to bring a air horn and its bad sportsmanship, but whoever did it has some balls and i thought it was funny, rising didnt miss the free throw cuz of it...

I'm dying to play in that type of atmosphere. 9,200 people, with over 3/4 cheering against you. That would just make me wanna bust it that much more.

Oh yeah, it's really funny when a game has to be held up because of one idiot fan.
project-pat

Next

Return to Boys