Class B Awards

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:19 pm

Could the spirit award presenter be less excited?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby jetblue12 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:32 pm

always a emotional ending....
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby rumbles » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:51 pm

SCC wrote:Senior POY

Lorenz & Nate Packineau
yea Packineu deserved the award BY HIMSELF!!!!
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:56 pm

whats your problem with Lorenz rumbles?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bill » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:01 pm

its crazy how one twin gets all of the awards and the other gets nothing haha
bill
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PA42 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:03 pm

bill wrote:its crazy how one twin gets all of the awards and the other gets nothing haha
i would not call a state championship nothing
PA42

Postby rep » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:04 pm

SCC wrote:
bill wrote:its crazy how one twin gets all of the awards and the other gets nothing haha

His injury had to have impacted things.  How many games did he miss this season?

rep

Postby PA42 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:07 pm

i am suprised but i think the co players of the year was definitely justified.
PA42

Postby demon201 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:09 pm

I admit I don't know much about what Coach Schaffer did in region 3 this year, but Grinsteinner not getting Coach of the Year was among the biggest snubs I've seen in some time.  Coming out of region 7, which was again the hardest region in the state by a huge margin, to state for the seventh time in a row and getting into the championship game through a tough opponent in Four Winds ... how does he not win that award?  It's a major injustice.

By the way, tonight was Grinsteinner's 30th loss in 10 seasons.  Let's see how many coaches in state history have a string like that.

demon201
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demon201 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:13 pm

By the way, Barnes County North was tremendously deserving of the Spirit Award.  I was impressed for 12 quarters, in all of which I'm fairly sure BCN trailed, how much energy their fans displayed.  They were painted up, "blued" up, loud, and such an example of what fans should be.  There were other teams whose fans could take a lesson from them.

Way to go, BCN Fans!!  Who needs cheerleaders when you've got several hundred in the stands!!
demon201
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jetblue12 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:13 pm

rumbles wrote:

Lorenz & Nate Packineau

agreed
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby region1 football » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:13 pm

This is bcn's coaches first year...he took a team that last year didnt win to many games, broght them through a tough season this year and beating lamourein district 5 championship game. He then went through a region containing lamoure, linton, and steele to win the region. Id say this guy is deserving of the coach of the year award.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:21 pm

demon201 wrote:I admit I don't know much about what Coach Schaffer did in region 3 this year, but Grinsteinner not getting Coach of the Year was among the biggest snubs I've seen in some time.  Coming out of region 7, which was again the hardest region in the state by a huge margin, to state for the seventh time in a row and getting into the championship game through a tough opponent in Four Winds ... how does he not win that award?  It's a major injustice.

By the way, tonight was Grinsteinner's 30th loss in 10 seasons.  Let's see how many coaches in state history have a string like that.

i'm torn honestly...grinny...it's not like i'm going to say something about him that hasn't already been said. he's a heckuva coach and he gets absolutely the most out of his kids.

but, stacy is a good cat...i think that getting his team into the state tournament is pretty much amazing and after every loss the last couple of days he remained upbeat, approachable and very easy to talk to, which is unlike some coaches that shall go unnamed.

do i agree with him being named coy...i don't know...tough call...but i'm one of the happiest people in the state for him.
rep

Postby simply the best 10 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:27 pm

SCC wrote:

His injury had to have impacted things.  How many games did he miss this season?

Yea it had everything to do with it. Last year Neil was the better player.
"Greatness consists in trying to be great. There is no other way."

"Skill and confidence are an unconquered army."
simply the best 10
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:46 pm

jetblue12 wrote:
rumbles wrote:

Lorenz & Nate Packineau

agreed

How was Packineau not a Mr. Basketball finalist, he truely got snubbed there, way to go media.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby q » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:47 pm

Here's what I don't get.  Some say the media shouldn't vote for Mr. Basketball, and now there's some who argue with the coaches' vote for senior player of the year.  The awards have been handed out, and I'm just going to congratulate everyone on a great year.  It's hard to believe another year is gone.
Last edited by q on Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
q -- the only letter that does not appear in any US state name
q
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mat326 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:53 pm

Q wrote:Here's what I don't get.  Some say the media shouldn't vote for Mr. Basketball, and now there's some who argue with the coaches' vote for senior player of the year.  The awards have been handed out, and I'm just going to congratulate everyone on a great year.  It's hard to believe another year is gone.

Mr. Basketball was initiated by the media, not NDHSAA.  That is why they vote on it.
mat326
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Y-not Daily » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:21 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:
rumbles wrote:

Lorenz & Nate Packineau

agreed

How was Packineau not a Mr. Basketball finalist, he truely got snubbed there, way to go media.

If he had played all season like he did at the state tournament, he would have. The other problem is that Nathaniel, Young Bird and Neil Packineau all had nearly identical stats, although Neil missed 11 games.

Each averaged right around 18-20 points and 8-10 rebounds per game. Entering the state tournament, you could have easily made the arguement that Nathaniel wasn't even the best player on his team. Great tourney for him though, deserves everything he gets. 
Y-not Daily

Postby rumbles » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:00 am

ndfan wrote:whats your problem with Lorenz rumbles?
Maybe ive overreacted lately but come on now TI or Bakkum derserved it more than him
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cardinal10 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:56 am

rumbles wrote:
Maybe ive overreacted lately but come on now TI or Bakkum derserved it more than him

Congrats to all that won awards.  All are very deserving.  I'm sure it is very tough to pick between so many great players, somebody has to get left out.  I'd be interested to see the ballot between Pack and Lorenz, sounds like a bit of an east vs. west thing.  I hope that doesn't continue.  All these players will be All-State, many Lions All-Stars, etc. so it's not like they aren't being rewarded for their years of hard work.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby westfan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:04 am

bballfan_05 wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:
rumbles wrote:

Lorenz & Nate Packineau

agreed

A lot of it has to do with the media actually seeing you play. If they are not around to film a game or write stories for newspapers the players don't get the publicity they probably deserve. Towns like Parshall, Newtown, and basically most all towns in NW ND are probably 70-80 miles from a TV station or major newspaper. Media is not going to make a drive like that when they can be filming say a Minot Bishop Ryan game, or a Williston Trinity Christian game.

Should Nathaniel be a Mr BB finalist? maybe. He just never got the exposure until the State Tournament.

Should Christine Miller be a Miss BB finalist next year? depends on her year, but probably. Will she get that opportunity? If she would not have got to the State Tournament this year she probably would not get that opportunity, but I think she got the exposure she needed.

One thing I know is a College Coach does not care how many awards you have in the box under your bed when they recruit you. It may get your foot in the door but it does not close the deal.
westfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fruit snack » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:33 am

im no sure but if remember right i think neil had the better tournament last yr, correct me if im wrong.....i think the injury botherd him sum, but there both outstanding players
fruit snack

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:47 pm

rumbles wrote:
After watching TI at state i would say he would be deserving...but no way on Bakkum......Packineau should have been a MR. BBALL finalist over Bakkum
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BaldEagle » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:37 pm

Yes, congrats to all the winners and participants!

Another great Class B Tournament.
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby kvrnm » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:08 pm

why didnt neil make all tourney? he was named player of the game twice for parshall. very confused why he didnt get all tourney. his stats may not have been the best but he still had a huge impact and was probably one of the top five players in the tourney if not second right behind his brother.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys