four winds vs. hankinson

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:49 am

hopefully mauch dunks it again
rep

Postby rep » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:58 am

four winds opens game on 9-4 run, 6-0 run by hankinson

10-9 pirates 3:08 left in first quarter
rep

Postby Old Hustler 2007 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:18 pm

FW  70

HAN  64  Final

TI with 32pts (5) 3pointers, 7 assists

CJ with 28pts (5) 3pointers

Old Hustler 2007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kvrnm » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:17 pm

they must play better whn their not on tv.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:20 pm

did coach bench the ironhearts and alberts against bcn? they arent "*" on the website

http://activities.educ8.org/Game5%20four%20winds%20vs%20barnes%20county.htm
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:27 pm

jetblue12 wrote:did coach bench the ironhearts and alberts against bcn? they arent "*" on the website

they had to come out because their friggin t-shirts were sticking out too far...i couldn't make that up if i tried. they went back to the locker room and did some surgery on them.

http://www.jamestownsun.com/articles/index.cfm?id=47169&section=sports
rep

Postby jetblue12 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:36 pm

rep wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:did coach bench the ironhearts and alberts against bcn? they arent "*" on the website

they had to come out because their friggin t-shirts were sticking out too far...i couldn't make that up if i tried. they went back to the locker room and did some surgery on them.

sounds like some ref had a power rush
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:37 pm

jetblue12 wrote:
rep wrote:

i believe friday they were wearing the same shirts they wore thursday...didn't effect the game any, but yeah, i think it is pretty rediculous
rep

Postby jetblue12 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:40 pm

rep wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:
rep wrote:

i believe friday they were wearing the same shirts they wore thursday...didn't effect the game any, but yeah, i think it is pretty rediculous

imagine if that happened to them in the title game.... on tv and missing the first minute or two...  something might happen """
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:48 pm

Some referees like to go on power trips like that on certain days.  It happened to me before too which I thought was odd because I wore a shirt under my jersey the whole season and then out of the blue I was told I couldn't play because my shirt was too far out of my jersey from a ref who had already done a few of our games that year when I was wearing the same shirt.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:46 am

Yeah, the ref's saw the boys warming up for 20 minutes and most of them had their warmup tops off by that time, why couldn't they have pointed it out then, or were they even paying attention to it then??  Pretty weak and petty if you ask me, something that was not consistently enforced.  Some of those 'power trip' ref's a guys just wants to choke-slam now and then but oh well, at least it wasn't in the fourth quarter when it was a close game or something outta control, plus the boys should have known by state tourney time to trim up their shirts or wear 'wife beaters' or something.

Anyway the boys handled Hankinson very well, they are a good team but the boys showed that they belonged that game.

Peace be with you all and I can't wait for next season already.

:situps:
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:48 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Yeah, the ref's saw the boys warming up for 20 minutes and most of them had their warmup tops off by that time, why couldn't they have pointed it out then, or were they even paying attention to it then??  Pretty weak and petty if you ask me, something that was not consistently enforced.  Some of those 'power trip' ref's a guys just wants to choke-slam now and then but oh well, at least it wasn't in the fourth quarter when it was a close game or something outta control, plus the boys should have known by state tourney time to trim up their shirts or wear 'wife beaters' or something.

Anyway the boys handled Hankinson very well, they are a good team but the boys showed that they belonged that game.

the blame should go on the refs they had during districts and regionals becuz they shouldve made them take them off for those too.  i wore the wrong color under my jersey one game and the ref gave me a warning and said to make sure the colors are the same
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:49 am

sodadrinker wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:Yeah, the ref's saw the boys warming up for 20 minutes and most of them had their warmup tops off by that time, why couldn't they have pointed it out then, or were they even paying attention to it then??  Pretty weak and petty if you ask me, something that was not consistently enforced.  Some of those 'power trip' ref's a guys just wants to choke-slam now and then but oh well, at least it wasn't in the fourth quarter when it was a close game or something outta control, plus the boys should have known by state tourney time to trim up their shirts or wear 'wife beaters' or something.

the blame should go on the refs they had during districts and regionals becuz they shouldve made them take them off for those too.  i wore the wrong color under my jersey one game and the ref gave me a warning and said to make sure the colors are the same

they should just wear a t-shirt if there gonna wear anything
fruit snack

Postby WildWarrior » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:45 am

sodadrinker wrote:

I am guessing it probably doesn't become an issue until the game is gonna start because at that point you have to be in official uniform. (no warmups etc.)  Still the refs could have been nice and said that it was going to be a problem once game time rolls around.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:50 pm

Some of the reffing was weak at the state tourney in my opinion

lots of refs making calls for the guy that should of made the call...i dont like the 3 man crew one of them always feels the need to make himself known....
toughregion2

Return to Boys