Trinity vs. Parshall

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:19 pm

baseball11 wrote:
rep wrote:bakkum and lorenz telling jokes while on camera...

I don't get it.  It looked like they were just being friendly.

eh...i was probably reading too much into it.
Last edited by rep on Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby jetblue12 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:20 pm

well, at least bcn got the spirit award......
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:20 pm

interesting picks for senior player of the year.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:21 pm

classic sherm...the tinity tritans
rep

Postby jetblue12 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:21 pm

Baller wrote:interesting picks for senior player of the year.

yeah it is
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby MidnightMadness004 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:39 pm

SCC wrote:I just heard the attendance tonight is 9200...just under 32000 for the entire tournament
out of those 9200 people, almost 8500 of them were against trinity
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy everything else.
MidnightMadness004
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AAfootballfan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:56 pm

MidnightMadness004 wrote:
SCC wrote:I just heard the attendance tonight is 9200...just under 32000 for the entire tournament

good!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:58 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:
MidnightMadness004 wrote:

good!!

it was amazing how everytime Parshall scores every person but that 1 section stands up and screams....not to mention the crowd got a pretty good wave goin during one of the timeouts haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby AAfootballfan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:59 pm

I would like to congratulate the Parshall BRAVES not the EAGLES as they were called by KFYR on the highlights in bismarck after the game.  I've been saying it all year whoever comes out of region 8 will win the state tourney!! Looks like I was right....I couldn't be happier for the Parshall kids!!! Looks like its the Wolves' turn next year J-Rod!!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby boysbballfan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:01 pm

I was surprised because it was a low scoring game like trinity likes it but i was impressed by parshalls defense they really took trinity out of their game plan. congratulations parshall.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby the messanger » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:04 pm

way to go Parshall
the messanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the messanger » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:06 pm

knew dt defence couldn't stop parshall's offence - good job boys
the messanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby starstyl33 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:19 pm

GOOD JOB PARSHALL BRAVES:D...keep it up bois....
...Just Do It...
starstyl33
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:29 pm

the messanger wrote:knew dt defence couldn't stop parshall's offence - good job boys

what did Parshall score 47? i think, around that area.  whats there average 75+?

id call that shutting them down, the only tihng is trinity cant score at will, trinity being down 5 is like any other team being down 12.  put that with under a minute and theres no way.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:44 pm

From what I say of Parshall they didn't seem to have a quote "offense" that they ran.  Dickinson Trinity knew they weren't even close to as good as Parshall on offense but they ran their offense through and were patient with their shots.  They weren't able to hit some of the open shots they were hitting in the first two games and they did a good job playing defense in the game as a team.  Parshall seems to do a lot of one on one isolation plays which obviously worked for them, but I didn't see any flow or organization when they were on offense.  They got the ball to the Pack brothers and let them create openings for other players when they would drive to the basket and get doubled which opened up other players.  Nathaniel Packineau played some of the best basketball I've seen from a HS player at the state tournament in a long time.  His performance this weekend was just as impressive as Chad Glasser in 2004 for Dickinson Trinity.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:49 am

The Braves offense is a reflectin of Hall having coached college ball if I am not mistaken.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby scruffy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:05 am

Congratulations to the Braves.  They showed good patience , executed very well and came up with BIG plays when needed.  Thats the ingredients of a champion.  For Trinity, it was a year when they went much further then expected.  A trip to state eight out of nine years and seven in a row says it all.  They've finished with one consolation championship, two third place finishes, three second place finishes and won it all twice.  Now they get to reload with a returning sophomore that can be the "go to guy". It might take a couple of years but they will be back.
Last edited by scruffy on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby cardinal10 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:34 am

kvrnm wrote:class b needs a shot clock wow trinity is BORING
If being successful and winning the amount of games Trinity does is boring, I'd take boring any day.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby cardinal10 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:38 am

boysbballfan wrote:I was surprised because it was a low scoring game like trinity likes it but i was impressed by parshalls defense they really took trinity out of their game plan. congratulations parshall.

That seemed to be the big difference between Parshall last year and Parshall this year.  They played just enough defense to win, last year they really didn't play any defense, just tried to outscore teams.  Props to their coach and team for making the adjustment, otherwise it would have been back to the 7th place game.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:17 am

Parshall did have a really good defense last night. They out rebounded Trinity on both sided of the ball, and I think that made a huge difference. The Packineau(spelling) are very good players and proved to be too much. I met them last night after the game and they are a pair of really good guys. Congrats.......
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby J-Rod34 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:41 am

project-pat wrote:
SCC wrote:Didn't they have to check their airhorns at the door? 

yeah that was pretty unsportsmanlike.

This was not a Parshall fan who did that.
J-Rod34

Postby rumbles » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:51 am

J-Rod34 wrote:
project-pat wrote:
SCC wrote:Didn't they have to check their airhorns at the door? 

yeah that was pretty unsportsmanlike.

This was not a Parshall fan who did that.
do u know who did it
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:17 am

I got nothing but respect for the Parshall Braves, they proved to be the best team in the state last night. The Packineau brothers are the real deal and they deserve all the credit they get after that showing last night. They did an excellent job of handling Trinity's defense and flustering trinity with their D as well. Congratulations Parshall.
project-pat

Postby NBE2007 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:35 am

The air horn was from someone on the North or South side (not sure if i have the right) but anways it was at the top with the red seats...might of been from Parshall or they were neutral but wanted them to win.
NBE2007

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:46 am

rep wrote:great interview by rising...very well-spoken after a loss

neil p gets two awesomes into one interview....oops...three...good stuff. love the exuberance.

Yeah Rising's interview was fantastic. He was very calm during it. He didn't mention bowman for teams that deserve to be at state:X haha jk, great interview.
project-pat

PreviousNext

Return to Boys