Any Comments on the games of the first day of state??

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndspectator07 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:50 pm

I was hoping and thinking that BCN would do better.  Think it was a case of nerves, and just couldn't shake it off.
ndspectator07

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:14 pm

ndspectator07 wrote:I was hoping and thinking that BCN would do better.  Think it was a case of nerves, and just couldn't shake it off.

i think this was the real BCN team and not the case of nerves,  they did make state but i would love to say that LaMoure beats them 8-10 times and Linton 9 out of 10.  i dont believe they were as good as everyone had said coming into the tourney, the guard couldnt continue the 90% shooting from 3 like they did in districts and regions and when they cant knock down the outside shot that allows the defense to sag in on Sizer.  defence takes away Sizer, they take away evrything BCN is.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:16 pm

Trinity tops Four Winds - Personally, I think Trinity has the best Class B defense in the state. Four Winds appeared to come down and cast a lot of 3s and I was hoping to see Ironheart play more like Nathanial Packineau did i.e. driving the lane and shooting jumpers. I don't know if Trinity would have won without Marsh having the game of his life, but you never know, someone else might have stepped up.

Minot Ryan over BCN - Ryan can get out and move, and that's exactly what they did. They used TONS of backdoor cuts and got layups out of them. BCN didn't get a lot of help from anyone else but Sizer, though he did battle inside for some easy buckets.

North Border past Shiloh - SC started four sophomores, I believe, and it showed, though they will be good the next couple of years. North Border's height killed them, especially their 6-10 guy, but I'm not sure how many points he had. North Border's a wildcard right now, they could win it all.

Parshall beats Hankinson - To Hankinson players: When the game is on the line, give it to your best player. Mauck still had 17 and they weren't even giving him the ball at the end when they were trying to make a comeback. Mauch hit two straight shots in the fourth, and they just decided not to let him touch the ball on the next possession. I guess I don't get it. As far as Parshall goes, good luck to anyone who thinks they can stop Nathanial Packineau. I felt Neil was the better player last year, but he got hurt. This year, no question its Nathanial.

Predictions for Friday:

Trinity vs. Ryan - Catholic giants matchup: I'll take Trinity because they're defense is ridiculous right now, especially if Marsh maintains his shot on offense. I read somewhere on here that Trinity would win in a blowout. I don't know about that. Trinity 51-43

Parshall vs. North Border - I'm taking Parshall because they're big enough to handle North Border's size and they have better shooters. Parshall 63-54

Sunshine bracket

Four Winds vs. BCN - It won't be 51 points like it was earlier this season, but it won't be that close either. Four Winds will come out on fire and stay that way. 73-58

Shiloh Christian vs. Hankinson - I'll take Hankinson as Mauch goes for 25 and 13. Hankinson 61, Shiloh 48

Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:46 am

Overall I don't think the field of eight is as strong as last year, but its still an intriguing semi final round...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby hunter48 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:49 am

Parshall is the most talented team in the tournament.
hunter48

Postby sportsmart » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:00 am

I was impressed with North Border!!!

I was not impressed with the actions of the Hankinson players on the floor.  They were crying about most the calls.  Not classy at all!! 

Should be great semis.
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby the messanger » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:03 am

worst game i seen fourwinds play all season, even tony coudn't do anything kinda got ball hoggy
the messanger
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys