Four Winds vs. Dickinson Trinity

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby jetblue12 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:05 pm

rumbles wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Four Winds absolutely stunk it up.....just goes to show ya that fundamentals and discipline will win 99% of the time.  CJ Ironheart was terrible....must of been 1-10 on 3's with 3-4 blown layups.....plus his defense was absolutely pathetic.  How many times did he stand flat footed and reach as a player drove by and then just jog back to help out his teammates?

WC and ML would have matched up with Trinity a lot better than FW....but they couldn't get by FW in tourney time when it mattered.

you said it there...

i called FW and Parshall for the 7th place game.....
u said u where just seeing what people would say

true, just to get people off my back....
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:07 pm

jetblue12 wrote:
rumbles wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Four Winds absolutely stunk it up.....just goes to show ya that fundamentals and discipline will win 99% of the time.  CJ Ironheart was terrible....must of been 1-10 on 3's with 3-4 blown layups.....plus his defense was absolutely pathetic.  How many times did he stand flat footed and reach as a player drove by and then just jog back to help out his teammates?

WC and ML would have matched up with Trinity a lot better than FW....but they couldn't get by FW in tourney time when it mattered.

you said it there...

i called FW and Parshall for the 7th place game.....
u said u where just seeing what people would say

true, just to get people off my back....

but i dont think BCN can stay within 20pt of 4W, so i am wavering like a politican
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:20 pm

Rebel wrote:Trinity plays each and every game, every year with one goal in mind....to win a STATE TITLE.  That is a credit to their coaches.  There are so many teams out there that win 20 games each year, but  cannot execute in the half court and don't play very good D.  That is a fun style to play...and there is nothing wrong with playing that way and winning all those games....BUT....9 times out of 10 you cannot rely strictly on your athleticism to win you three games in a row at state.  You have to be able to execute in ALL PHASES of the game.  Trinity "plays the game the right way" and that is why they win.

Agreed. Spoken like a true hall of famer.
project-pat

Postby grizz » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:14 pm

Hey does anyone else recall when I said TI wont have any more than13 pts??? I do.

Nice job DT!!!
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:18 pm

[user=1498]SportsAreLife[/user] wrote:
[user=2318]Mauer07[/user] wrote:
ndfan wrote:No way Trinity will be able to stop Ironhart he puts up 25+ against them.

Trinity won when they played Killdeer who had wheeling and dufault and they each average above 20 points. Trinity by 10-15

Trinity didn't beat Killdeer this year. Trinity lost both times they played.

You must be confused Mauer because Sports is right. They lost by very little both times tho.

Im predicting trinity by 7. Ironheart will only put up 13 and the final is going to be 43-50.

Oh yeah there it is. (I couldnt quote myself cuz the topic got locked)
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby OilCanBoy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:23 pm

The way people brag up Tony Ironheart on this website I thought he was actually going to be good.
OilCanBoy

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:24 pm

OilCanBoy wrote:The way people brag up Tony Ironheart on this website I thought he was actually going to be good.

so did i but it looks like 11th best senior in the state is pretty accurate

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:27 pm

cdub1 wrote:
OilCanBoy wrote:The way people brag up Tony Ironheart on this website I thought he was actually going to be good.

personally i think it is rediculous to judge a player off one game, even though that happens quite a bit...13 pts, 7 boards isn't a 'bad' game...i'd wait until the tournament ends before i make my final decision
Last edited by rep on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby ndspectator07 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:56 pm

With all the bragging that was done about Four Winds, I really thought I would see them play much better.  Goes to show once again, anything can happen at tournament time.
ndspectator07

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:05 pm

yeah all those months spent braggin 'em up just to find them in the SUNSHINE BRACKET HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA who called it? I think I did. Region 7 beat Region 4 ha ha ha HA.
project-pat

Postby unc2 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:25 pm

Ya i dont see many 4winds fans talking now. Well i guess it shows who was the better team. Trinity started out on fire and there defense was to much for the Indians. Thats two years in a row they have been beat down by the titans and I would hope some of you would give them some love now
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mauer07 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:44 pm

haha ya thats true but it all goes to show that grinny is one of those coaches that deserve A LOT of respect for what he does. Any one of his teams whether it is football or basketball he always expects perfection and usually gets perfection back from his players. Todays game was a very good example because Trinity kept their composure through the whole entire game     GREAT JOB Titans!!!
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDdominator » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:46 pm

I was expecting alot better game w/ TI playing the best defensive team in the state they pretty much shut him down even though 13 pts. isn't that bad of a game I to was expecting much more I feel bad for the FW having to play DT the 1st round but I'm glad the FW talk will FINALLY END not taking anything away fromt that team solid I think they will take the consolation bracket
NDdominator

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:48 pm

NDdominator wrote:I was expecting alot better game w/ TI playing the best defensive team in the state they pretty much shut him down even though 13 pts. isn't that bad of a game I to was expecting much more I feel bad for the FW having to play DT the 1st round but I'm glad the FW talk will FINALLY END not taking anything away fromt that team solid I think they will take the consolation bracket

I feel bad for the team, but not the fans. They bragged them up like they coulda beat the Dallas Mavericks today
project-pat

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:10 pm

I won't bash Four Winds as a team, but I will say that since they lost, I've been wearing a big smile.

All of those topics on Four Winds about the same old thing over and over again...and the best they can get is fifth. I love the state tournament.
Last edited by Wildcat on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SportsAreLife » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:11 pm

rep wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

personally i think it is rediculous to judge a player off one game, even though that happens quite a bit...13 pts, 7 boards isn't a 'bad' game...i'd wait until the tournament ends before i make my final decision

I agree. Watching him during the shoot a round you can tell that he can play. He's got a nice soft shot and can dribble well. People do have off nights. He's capable of playing better.

But that can happen when you play a team that prides itself in its defense and probably has the best defense for the last couple years. Go Titans!
SportsAreLife

Postby Diamond D » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:46 am

I agree with above, you can't judge a kid on that one game.  I have seen Tony play quite a few times up here and he is just a down right tough player.

Having said that, I will say that I was routing for them at districts and regionals AND for state......until I came on here and had to listen over and over and over and over again from their fans about the team.  For those of you FW fans that just wouldn't let it go on here, you made me want to see them loose.  It sounds like others felt the same way.

Chalk this up to a learning experience.  It is one thing to support your team.  It is another to go on and on about them.   I have an aunt that did the same thing about her kids and quite frankly I just don't care to be around her.
Diamond D

Postby parkerAKAthefuture » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:13 am

Wow, what a first game and 5 whole pages already.  Most posts by non-fans of FW, but I guess thats cuz all us fans are here in BIZ!!!!!!!!!  :D

Like someone said on another post, missed layups, turnovers, it was pretty bad.  Gotta give DT props for playing a great game, good luck to the titans.  WC held FW to a 1st Q low of 8 pts @ regionals, DT held em to 7, good defense and cold shooting.

BOYS keep your heads up, you guys are great, and were still here with ya till the end!  :clap:

LETS GO INDIANS!!!!!

parkerAKAthefuture
NDPreps Starter

Postby SWsportsfan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:36 am

If DSU's athletic director has a brain in his head he'll try to hire Grinsteinner for the men's job up there. Would he take it? Probably not, but I definitely think it's worth a shot.

LET'S GO TITANS!!!
Last edited by SWsportsfan on Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
SWsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bawlhogg701 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:46 am

Yeah FW lost to Standing Rock this year so they certainly werent unbeatable. The same goes for Hankinsen or however u spell that towns name. I think difference is Hankinsen didn't toot their horn (I know sounds corny but hey). I pick Parshall vs. Minot for state championship game.
<{I Ball}>
bawlhogg701
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:07 am

SWsportsfan wrote:If DSU's athletic director has a brain in his head he'll try to hire Grinsteinner for the men's job up there. Would he take it? Probably not, but I definitely think it's worth a shot.

LET'S GO TITANS!!!

i don't mean to rip on grinny, but i don't know he could run an offense that had to deal with a shot clock. i'd like to think he could, but having never seen it, i can't say for certain.
rep

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:43 am

SportsAreLife wrote:
rep wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

I agree. Watching him during the shoot a round you can tell that he can play. He's got a nice soft shot and can dribble well. People do have off nights. He's capable of playing better.

But that can happen when you play a team that prides itself in its defense and probably has the best defense for the last couple years. Go Titans!

if you read all the posts it's been said almighty Ironheart doesnt have off nights.  i remember reading one post where someone said Bakkum had an off night and he was told he shouldnt even be considered for SOY because of that and IH should cuz he NEVER has off nights.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pacod » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:47 am

Well that was a tough loss for FW yesterday. It was kind of funny because you guys talked about FW having the offense and DT having the defense. IMO it was the other way around. Trinity shot well yesterday and FW got a lot of steals that resulted in nothing because of their poor shooting. FW GOT OUT-COACHED BIG TIME. One question i'm still looking for answers about.......is why did RICK SMITH start the game in a 2-3 zone. FW never plays a zone, they should've went to the press....their bread and butter. The score really reflected what a offense can do to FW zone. Trinity shot well but I didn't think they looked to special, than again FW didn't either. Well I'm still hoping Parshall makes it to championship......i'm going to stay with my natives and say it'll be Parshall and DT in championship.
pacod

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:52 am

pacod wrote:Well that was a tough loss for FW yesterday. It was kind of funny because you guys talked about FW having the offense and DT having the defense. IMO it was the other way around. Trinity shot well yesterday and FW got a lot of steals that resulted in nothing because of their poor shooting. FW GOT OUT-COACHED BIG TIME. One question i'm still looking for answers about.......is why did RICK SMITH start the game in a 2-3 zone. FW never plays a zone, they should've went to the press....their bread and butter. The score really reflected what a offense can do to FW zone. Trinity shot well but I didn't think they looked to special, than again FW didn't either. Well I'm still hoping Parshall makes it to championship......i'm going to stay with my natives and say it'll be Parshall and DT in championship.

i heard somewhere that the Marsh kid(#20) averages something like 6 ppg and he threw up 20 last night so i dont know.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:57 am

baseball wrote:
pacod wrote:Well that was a tough loss for FW yesterday. It was kind of funny because you guys talked about FW having the offense and DT having the defense. IMO it was the other way around. Trinity shot well yesterday and FW got a lot of steals that resulted in nothing because of their poor shooting. FW GOT OUT-COACHED BIG TIME. One question i'm still looking for answers about.......is why did RICK SMITH start the game in a 2-3 zone. FW never plays a zone, they should've went to the press....their bread and butter. The score really reflected what a offense can do to FW zone. Trinity shot well but I didn't think they looked to special, than again FW didn't either. Well I'm still hoping Parshall makes it to championship......i'm going to stay with my natives and say it'll be Parshall and DT in championship.

i heard somewhere that the Marsh kid(#20) averages something like 6 ppg and he threw up 20 last night so i dont know.

marsh averaged 7.3 ppg coming into the tourney
rep

PreviousNext

Return to Boys