Four Winds vs. Dickinson Trinity

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby point/center » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:28 am

30-17 Trinity on the boards
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:30 am

keithly with perfect form...yikes
rep

Postby bisonslayer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:32 am

Solid shooting for DT for an opening round game, except the free throw woooo.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:32 am

4-21 from 3 for the indians:shock:
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:33 am

59-47

sorry FW fans, better luck next year
project-pat

Postby rumbles » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:34 am

project-pat wrote:4-21 from 3 for the indians:shock:
not a good time to come out cold
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsubball » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:34 am

Trinty 59
FW 47
ndsubball

Postby Rebel » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:35 am

There is a lot to be said for being to state as many times as Trinity has.  Those kids just don't know how to lose.  They know what type of game it takes to win in these situations.  Defense wins at tourny time, as does a well executed half court game.  I am sure alot of peopel will say that FW did not shoot well, but you have to give credit where credit is due....Trinity plays D. Jordan Rising is one of the top defenders in the state and is probably the major reason Ironheart could not get going this afternoon.  If you give Grinny and his staff a week to come up with a gameplan...more often times than not they will find a way to beat you.  The most impressive thing about Trinity is those kids never beat themselves..and that is a credit to the coaching staff.  You can also see what playing the compettition in region 7 has done for them...they have been in these types of games all year long.  Four Winds has a nice team, but they just don't play the style of ball that can win three games in a row against state tourny competition.
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:38 am

Four Winds absolutely stunk it up.....just goes to show ya that fundamentals and discipline will win 99% of the time.  CJ Ironheart was terrible....must of been 1-10 on 3's with 3-4 blown layups.....plus his defense was absolutely pathetic.  How many times did he stand flat footed and reach as a player drove by and then just jog back to help out his teammates?

WC and ML would have matched up with Trinity a lot better than FW....but they couldn't get by FW in tourney time when it mattered.
Last edited by ndlionsfan on Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby twinsfan34 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:41 am

One game down, three left to go today!
twinsfan34

Postby Diamond D » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:42 am

NDlionsfan:  That was exactly what I posted after the WC game.  In fact, I believe my exact words were that if CJ played that kind of defense on my team, I would have drug him off the court by his ear.

Absolutely pathetic defense once again by FW. 

I believe I said this once before as well. 

3 pointers might win a district or a regional game, but it is defense that wins STATE TOURNAMENTS.

Diamond D

Postby cardinal10 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:45 am

Wow, I don't think anyone expected a rout like that.  Four Winds looked like boys against men of Trinity.  Trinity executed their plan to perfection and did what they had to do to win.  They have no weak links and if they play like that no one will touch them in this tourney.  Four Winds did not play like they normally do, but that was entirely the Trinity defense that caused that.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:47 am

after watching this game i see the huge difference between A and B and the huge difference between a dt and fw four winds plays like i do at open gym pull up threes and stuff and ironheart just dropped into my list as the worst candidate for mr basketball i dont think he is better than billy houle

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:53 am

You can't base Class A vs B on one flippin game.  Yeah, FW plays like street ball/open gym.  That's their style....and if you look at other reservation teams you'll find the same thing.  Trinity is more disciplined and defense orientated and that's what won them the game today. 
Last edited by ndlionsfan on Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rebel » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:54 am

Trinity plays each and every game, every year with one goal in mind....to win a STATE TITLE.  That is a credit to their coaches.  There are so many teams out there that win 20 games each year, but  cannot execute in the half court and don't play very good D.  That is a fun style to play...and there is nothing wrong with playing that way and winning all those games....BUT....9 times out of 10 you cannot rely strictly on your athleticism to win you three games in a row at state.  You have to be able to execute in ALL PHASES of the game.  Trinity "plays the game the right way" and that is why they win.
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby iceman3 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:54 am

[font=georgia]fw came into the tournament with the best offense and dt with the best defense...looks like defense wins games. im glad the fw fans will shut up about their team after that terrible display. i dont see how ironheart is a candidate for mr.basketball...he didnt do anything.[/font]
iceman3

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:57 am

ndlionsfan wrote:You can't base Class A vs B on one flippin game.  Yeah, FW plays like street ball/open gym.  That's their style....and if you look at other reservation teams you'll find the same thing.  Trinity is more disciplined and defense orientated and that's what won them the game today. 

ive watched 3 class b tournaments and i have been sayin this the entire time i think belcourt or jamestown would have beat both of these teams handily

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:04 am

Well I've watched the Class A tourney every year and have never been impressed with the quality of class A ball either.  Each is a bit different and everyone in Class B thinks there's is best and same with everyone in A.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:05 am

Well I've watched the Class A tourney every year and have never been impressed with the quality of class A ball either.  Each is a bit different and everyone in Class B thinks there's is best and same with everyone in A.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:06 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Well I've watched the Class A tourney every year and have never been impressed with the quality of class A ball either.  Each is a bit different and everyone in Class B thinks there's is best and same with everyone in A.

good statement

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the messanger » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:22 am

got to give trinity props, fourwinds played bad as heck
the messanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:24 am

how did morey play ?
Last edited by brownbomber on Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby bisonslayer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:26 am

brownbomber wrote:that how did morey play ?

not bad, 5 points. One three and a nice drive, looked pretty good for a freshman.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:32 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Four Winds absolutely stunk it up.....just goes to show ya that fundamentals and discipline will win 99% of the time.  CJ Ironheart was terrible....must of been 1-10 on 3's with 3-4 blown layups.....plus his defense was absolutely pathetic.  How many times did he stand flat footed and reach as a player drove by and then just jog back to help out his teammates?

WC and ML would have matched up with Trinity a lot better than FW....but they couldn't get by FW in tourney time when it mattered.

you said it there...

i called FW and Parshall for the 7th place game.....
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby rumbles » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:03 pm

jetblue12 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Four Winds absolutely stunk it up.....just goes to show ya that fundamentals and discipline will win 99% of the time.  CJ Ironheart was terrible....must of been 1-10 on 3's with 3-4 blown layups.....plus his defense was absolutely pathetic.  How many times did he stand flat footed and reach as a player drove by and then just jog back to help out his teammates?

you said it there...

i called FW and Parshall for the 7th place game.....
u said u where just seeing what people would say
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys