Mr Basketball 2007

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:06 pm

baller01 wrote:
rumbles wrote:
Tigger wrote:Don't go picking on Mr. Lorenz just because your guy didn't make the list.  Luke's stats are deceiving because his team plays a low scoring style and depends greatly on their defense.  Luke is a top defender and 18 ppg is pretty good for that system that produces a lot less points than other teams score.  I'm not saying that he can/will win the awnard, but his name definitely belongs up there.
and sizer's doesnt

I don't think the question is does Sizer belong or not, I think the question is where to put him? There already 7 canidates and that already is a lot. Look at last year with Jeff Smith. He averaged 29 pts a game and wasn't a finalists. Sizer is a great player but I think it hurts him playing for BCN. If he played for DT, Shiloh, Linton, Minot Ryan, Hazen someplace like that where there is a tradition there and media coverage, I think he would be up for it.

Using Jeff Smith as an example doesn't really make any sense seeing as how there were only 4 other canidates last year. So I'd have to think there was plenty of room for him.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:09 pm

sportsperson wrote:

What did sizer average like 25 and 11 or something last year and 27 and 13 this year, probably got overlooked cause BCN wasn't expected to be much. However, watching the Region 3 championship game, the kid was really overlooked by a lot of people, didn't get the recognition he deserved. I still don't know how he does it.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:04 pm

Tigger wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Tigger wrote:you mention the media as a disadvantage for class b players....how about 4 extra minutes and a shot clock to beef up stats?

look at the advantage for b players then playing about 10 games against crappy teams playing with bad players where you can shoot whenever you want and also for lorenz i bet he scores a higher percentage of his team's points than ironheart so that isnt a good argument i would say lorenz gets about 40 percent with ironheart around 25

Most teams don't get to play 10 games against crappy competition, and you can't tell me that there aren't any easy opponents in Class A.  Plus, almost half the teams in the state get to the state A tournament, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard "well, he didn't go to state" used against a Class B player.

there are easy opponents in class a the west gets st marys and jamestown the east gets valley city and grand forks central that is 4 games and they are usually somewut competitve and half get to go to the state tournament u forget that minot bismarck fargo south devils lake are there every year so making state in class a isnt as easy as u people make it seem

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bisonslayer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:48 pm

cdub1 wrote:
Tigger wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Tigger wrote:you mention the media as a disadvantage for class b players....how about 4 extra minutes and a shot clock to beef up stats?

look at the advantage for b players then playing about 10 games against crappy teams playing with bad players where you can shoot whenever you want and also for lorenz i bet he scores a higher percentage of his team's points than ironheart so that isnt a good argument i would say lorenz gets about 40 percent with ironheart around 25

Most teams don't get to play 10 games against crappy competition, and you can't tell me that there aren't any easy opponents in Class A.  Plus, almost half the teams in the state get to the state A tournament, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard "well, he didn't go to state" used against a Class B player.

there are easy opponents in class a the west gets st marys and jamestown the east gets valley city and grand forks central that is 4 games and they are usually somewut competitve and half get to go to the state tournament u forget that minot bismarck fargo south devils lake are there every year so making state in class a isnt as easy as u people make it seem

Making to state in A is hard however the possibility is so much greater then class B. Each year you got a chance, top 4 and your in. Class A you can have a bad year and show up and win two games and your in. Its tough but every year each team has a chance. Its not like that in B, if you don't get 1st or 2nd in district your lucky to get out of the first round of regionals.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubisonfan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:48 pm

[font=georgia]im not sure if anyone has said this but sorry if they did...why isnt nathaniel packineau a mr. b finalist? one of the better players i have seen in class b this year.[/font]
ndsubisonfan

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:49 pm

ndsubisonfan wrote:[font=georgia]im not sure if anyone has said this but sorry if they did...why isnt nathaniel packineau a mr. b finalist? one of the better players i have seen in class b this year.[/font]
And it seems like he's one of the classiest players out there too.
baseball1981

Postby rep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:53 pm

he can sure score...what are his rebounding/assist/defensive stats?
rep

Postby rep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:56 pm

poor mauch...got the interiview jinx...started kinda fumbling for an answer and then when he couldn't say it, gave a an 'aehrg'.

when you lose your train of thought man, don't let it run you over.
rep

Postby bisonslayer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:13 pm

rep wrote:he can sure score...what are his rebounding/assist/defensive stats?

http://ndhsaa.com/sports/bbasketball/individualstats.asp?playerid=15456&teamid=199&sport=&guid=  Nathaniel Packineau, 20 ppg, 9 Rebounds, 7.5 assists, definetely could of a been up for Mr. BB ,  7 canidates? why not 9, him and sizer as well.
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:16 pm

bisonslayer wrote:

http://ndhsaa.com/sports/bbasketball/individualstats.asp?playerid=15456&teamid=199&sport=&guid=  Nathaniel Packineau, 20 ppg, 9 Rebounds, 7.5 assists, definetely could of a been up for Mr. BB ,  7 canidates? why not 9, him and sizer as well.

cuz it would be rediculous 9 candidates up for it we dont even allow juniors to be up for the award and many state are under 9 with freshman and sophomores being included in the voting

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:36 pm

have 2 players from the same region been brought up for mr. basketball before? gillett and the hatton-northwood girl (her name is escaping me at the moment) were brought up for miss basketball so it probably wouldn't have been too much of a reach.
rep

Postby rep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:42 pm

reitter...abby reitter....that is her name...man...if my head wasn't screwed on...
rep

Postby bisonslayer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:50 pm

cdub1 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:

cuz it would be rediculous 9 candidates up for it we dont even allow juniors to be up for the award and many state are under 9 with freshman and sophomores being included in the voting

Just saying 7 is already probably the most canidates their has ever been, so why not 9, if theres no set amount why not 2 more is what I was getting at.
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:59 pm

Did anyone else see Sizer get a lot of garbage layups against Minot Ryan at the state tournament? He had 25 points, but Ryan kind of ran with it.

I'm not saying Sizer's career is full of garbage layups, I'm just curious if anyone saw what I saw.

By the way, Beau Sizer sounds like an exercise machine...I have to go workout on my bosizer.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:16 pm

Wildcat wrote:Did anyone else see Sizer get a lot of garbage layups against Minot Ryan at the state tournament? He had 25 points, but Ryan kind of ran with it.

I'm not saying Sizer's career is full of garbage layups, I'm just curious if anyone saw what I saw.

By the way, Beau Sizer sounds like an exercise machine...I have to go workout on my bosizer.

to be one of the top players in the state i found it strange how everytime down the floor it looked like a 50-50 chance that he wouldnt get there standing up.  it looked like the kid jsut learned how to walk and it was his first go at the running part......
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:17 pm

rumbles wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:Sizer single handily took a cinderella team to the state B, averaged nearly 27 points. Can't even break into the top 7 in the state????? What else does a kid have to do?
and was 2nd in rebounds in the state none of the other class b players nominated averaged a double-double

Sorry, I would take Bakkum's 24-9-8 (almost triple-double) over Sizer's 26-13...
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:18 pm

baseball wrote:
Wildcat wrote:Did anyone else see Sizer get a lot of garbage layups against Minot Ryan at the state tournament? He had 25 points, but Ryan kind of ran with it.

to be one of the top players in the state i found it strange how everytime down the floor it looked like a 50-50 chance that he wouldnt get there standing up.  it looked like the kid jsut learned how to walk and it was his first go at the running part......

Wow you're mean... Intersesting stat for everyone, Bakkum was involved in 70% of Steele-Dawson's scoring.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:40 pm

baseball wrote:

HAHA, this is one of the greatest posts ever.
project-pat

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:25 am

project-pat wrote:
baseball wrote:

HAHA, this is one of the greatest posts ever.

I know, that's whats so strange about Sizer.  You just take one look at the kid and you think no way is this guy any type of ball player.  I haven't seen him play for two years until last night.  He's a hard worker and a very good scorer, but I thought he had very slow feet on defense.  That kid from Ryan went around him quite a bit.  Young kids should learn a lesson from Sizer, tho.  Just because your'e not the most athletically gifted, and lot of hard work in the gym can turn you into a very nice player.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:53 am

between all of the class b player right now i might have to give a slight edge to lorenz, but i am not the media.
PA42

Postby Tigger » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:12 am

horne98 wrote:between all of the class b player right now i might have to give a slight edge to lorenz, but i am not the media.

too bad being the top class b candidate is probably only good for 3rd or 4th on the ballot.  can i ask what you are basing this on?
Last edited by Tigger on Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby web17 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:55 am

horne98 wrote:between all of the class b player right now i might have to give a slight edge to lorenz, but i am not the media.

i would give it to Bakkum. he has the best stats on there. almost AVERAGING a triple-double. pretty hard to deny.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:54 pm

rumbles wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:Sizer single handily took a cinderella team to the state B, averaged nearly 27 points. Can't even break into the top 7 in the state????? What else does a kid have to do?
and was 2nd in rebounds in the state none of the other class b players nominated averaged a double-double

No offense to BCN it's a great accomplishment to go to state but they came out of one WEAK region.  If sizer had played in region 2 like lorenz and specifically district 4 he wouldn't even come close to those numbers.  The posts in Region II are much bigger, taller and more physical then most other regions in the state.  If anyone got left off the list from class B I would take Nathaniel Packineau over Beau Sizer any day of the weak and twice on Sunday.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:59 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
rumbles wrote:

No offense to BCN it's a great accomplishment to go to state but they came out of one WEAK region.  If sizer had played in region 2 like lorenz and specifically district 4 he wouldn't even come close to those numbers.  The posts in Region II are much bigger, taller and more physical then most other regions in the state.  If anyone got left off the list from class B I would take Nathaniel Packineau over Beau Sizer any day of the weak and twice on Sunday.

Packineau has impressed me so far in the tourney, but to say its a weak REgion sizer came from is not all true. i would just call it a region dominated by guards, Bakkum, Holen, Wiegel, Weber, Purintun, Randall,Hintz, Barnick.....every teams best player was a guard except BCN.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bisonslayer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:04 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
rumbles wrote:

Did you the first round game at all??? Sizer went against some big posts like Allard and Vetter? They had one block on him thats it. If Sizer has a post on his back, its 2 points no matter who it is. He can flat out score, dont blame his numbers on a weak region. Steele and Lamoure and Linton were all tough teams. And Bakkum was nominated, so are you saying he played against a weak region as well? Its not like BCN they coasted through region and district either. BCN got beat 7 times on the year so its not like they were dominating so dont blame the weak region.  I just said i was wondering what are the requirements because his resume (wrong word) looks pretty good and deserving to be on the ballot. 
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys