Mr Basketball 2007

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby PA42 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:13 am

no offense to sizer he had an excellent season but you could tell coming to the that ryan was more worried about shutting down their shooters than sizer. About half the time sizer was guarder by a 5'11" kid. He played really well but they did not make a serious effort to shut him down. Let's talk about three candidates from class b.
PA42

Postby bballfan_05 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:21 am

I'm predicting that Kick will win the award tonight.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:27 am

bisonslayer wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
rumbles wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:Sizer single handily took a cinderella team to the state B, averaged nearly 27 points. Can't even break into the top 7 in the state????? What else does a kid have to do?
and was 2nd in rebounds in the state none of the other class b players nominated averaged a double-double

No offense to BCN it's a great accomplishment to go to state but they came out of one WEAK region.  If sizer had played in region 2 like lorenz and specifically district 4 he wouldn't even come close to those numbers.  The posts in Region II are much bigger, taller and more physical then most other regions in the state.  If anyone got left off the list from class B I would take Nathaniel Packineau over Beau Sizer any day of the weak and twice on Sunday.

Did you the first round game at all??? Sizer went against some big posts like Allard and Vetter? They had one block on him thats it. If Sizer has a post on his back, its 2 points no matter who it is. He can flat out score, dont blame his numbers on a weak region. Steele and Lamoure and Linton were all tough teams. And Bakkum was nominated, so are you saying he played against a weak region as well? Its not like BCN they coasted through region and district either. BCN got beat 7 times on the year so its not like they were dominating so dont blame the weak region.  I just said i was wondering what are the requirements because his resume (wrong word) looks pretty good and deserving to be on the ballot.
That is a pretty bold statement right there.  I'd like to see him do that against some of the bigger, more physical post players in the state because he is not a physical type player.  Sizer is a good player and has put up some impressive number in his career no doubt but he is not Mr. Basketball caliber.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby straightballer » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:57 am

why isnt anyone talkin bout Jacob Wheeling. Kid won Senior POY in the best region in the state and didnt even get a nod for mr. bball. He was a four year player and i think he started four years. He averaged over 20 a game this year and was one of only two guys that could score on his team. I really think he should of gotten nominated.
straightballer

Postby cdub1 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:00 am

straightballer wrote:why isnt anyone talkin bout Jacob Wheeling. Kid won Senior POY in the best region in the state and didnt even get a nod for mr. bball. He was a four year player and i think he started four years. He averaged over 20 a game this year and was one of only two guys that could score on his team. I really think he should of gotten nominated.

i think the only people from b who should have been nominated are bakkum and packineau the others wouldnt even have a chance at winning maybe 2 votes

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:02 am

[user=517]cdub1[/user] wrote:
straightballer wrote:why isnt anyone talkin bout Jacob Wheeling. Kid won Senior POY in the best region in the state and didnt even get a nod for mr. bball. He was a four year player and i think he started four years. He averaged over 20 a game this year and was one of only two guys that could score on his team. I really think he should of gotten nominated.

i think the only people from b who should have been nominated are bakkum and packineau the others wouldnt even have a chance at winning maybe 2 votes

agreed this is the time when players make names for themselves TI hasn't been impressive I don't argue w/ lorenz being on the ballot too good of an all-around player
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBballa » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:05 am

dominationSCS wrote:[user=517]cdub1[/user] wrote:

agreed this is the time when players make names for themselves TI hasn't been impressive I don't argue w/ lorenz being on the ballot too good of an all-around player

TI wasn't him usually self in the first game but he was quite impressive in the other games. The second game he only had like 11 because thats all he needed, he gave the ball up and they still won by a landslide. When TI needed to score like in the last game he stepped up and dropped 30+, thats pretty impressive.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jdeere » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:18 am

sizer is all that is man... enough said
"when we play like we play when we play, no one can stop us" Dennis Green
jdeere
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rumbles » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:39 am

The more i saw of Packineu this tourney and the more i look at his stats i think he soulda been a nomination also
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:53 am

rumbles wrote:The more i saw of Packineu this tourney and the more i look at his stats i think he soulda been a nomination also

candidates are named prior to the state tourney...my guess is that hurt him quite a bit. also, i don't know...eight candidates? a bit much in my mind. great player though.
rep

Postby been there done that » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:01 pm

I agree with everyone why didn't Nathaniel get to be a mr. basketball canidate.? I know that it was voted on before the tournament but he had an outstanding year. He lead the team in scoring almost throughout the whole year. He should of been mr basketball canidate. He was tournament mvp and he also won a state championship.

Congratulations Nathaniel on a great senior year and good luck in the future!!!!!! Also congratulations to the Parshall Braves on winning the state championship I was at almost all your games and I am a big supporter of the Braves. You guys played very well and showed everyone that you could do it.
been there done that
NDPreps Rookie

Postby feeshattack » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:18 pm

just curious, but how long has it been since a Class B player won Mr. Basketball? did nelson win it a few years back?

i would just like to take the time to celebrate my 100th post... haha jk, im about 1/10 of the way the before i can get into that ND PREPS Hall of Fame
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:22 pm

feeshattack wrote:just curious, but how long has it been since a Class B player won Mr. Basketball? did nelson win it a few years back?

i would just like to take the time to celebrate my 100th post... haha jk, im about 1/10 of the way the before i can get into that ND PREPS Hall of Fame

Hunter Berg in 94-95. Nelson lost controversially to Koenig.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:39 am

rumbles wrote:The more i saw of Packineu this tourney and the more i look at his stats i think he soulda been a nomination also

Well, at least the coaches got it right.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:53 am

bisonslayer wrote:
rumbles wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:Sizer single handily took a cinderella team to the state B, averaged nearly 27 points. Can't even break into the top 7 in the state????? What else does a kid have to do?
and was 2nd in rebounds in the state none of the other class b players nominated averaged a double-double

No offense to BCN it's a great accomplishment to go to state but they came out of one WEAK region.  If sizer had played in region 2 like lorenz and specifically district 4 he wouldn't even come close to those numbers.  The posts in Region II are much bigger, taller and more physical then most other regions in the state.  If anyone got left off the list from class B I would take Nathaniel Packineau over Beau Sizer any day of the weak and twice on Sunday.

Did you the first round game at all??? Sizer went against some big posts like Allard and Vetter? They had one block on him thats it. If Sizer has a post on his back, its 2 points no matter who it is. He can flat out score, dont blame his numbers on a weak region. Steele and Lamoure and Linton were all tough teams. And Bakkum was nominated, so are you saying he played against a weak region as well? Its not like BCN they coasted through region and district either. BCN got beat 7 times on the year so its not like they were dominating so dont blame the weak region.  I just said i was wondering what are the requirements because his resume (wrong word) looks pretty good and deserving to be on the ballot.
That is a pretty bold statement right there.  I'd like to see him do that against some of the bigger, more physical post players in the state because he is not a physical type player.  Sizer is a good player and has put up some impressive number in his career no doubt but he is not Mr. Basketball caliber.

Bold, but true. If Sizer gets the ball with you on his back and within 5 feet of the hoop, I would say he scores 80% of the time or he draws a foul.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:40 am

Just about any post could manage to score or draw a foul if they get the ball with their defender on their back 80% of the time.  The thing is about Sizer is that he's not physical enough to be able to hold his man down there if the defense is tough.  It'll be interesting to see how he plays in college and how much they bulk him up. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:31 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Just about any post could manage to score or draw a foul if they get the ball with their defender on their back 80% of the time.  The thing is about Sizer is that he's not physical enough to be able to hold his man down there if the defense is tough.  It'll be interesting to see how he plays in college and how much they bulk him up. 

sizers a man....if he can gain about 20 pounds he will do good in college
fruit snack

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:16 am

fruit snack wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Just about any post could manage to score or draw a foul if they get the ball with their defender on their back 80% of the time.  The thing is about Sizer is that he's not physical enough to be able to hold his man down there if the defense is tough.  It'll be interesting to see how he plays in college and how much they bulk him up. 

what is his height/weight right now?
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rkmt » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:29 am

fruit snack wrote:

what is his height/weight right now?

He is listed at 6'4, and someone from BCN told me he is about 165.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:02 pm

He doesn't score be out physicalling you. He is a lot quicker then most posts so he works around the paint to get great position, and then can score not by powering it up into the defense, but by being able to get a shot up while leaning and fading and wiggling.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys