halves or quarters

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby jetblue12 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:53 am

i came up with this stuff a while ago but here it is......
im comparing nd class b and minnesotas class a, - same thing

minnesota plays 2-18's and 26 reg season game = 936 minutes a year

nd plays 4-8's and 19 reg season games = 608 minutes a year

a 3 year starter in nd would play as much as a 2 year starter in minn

a 3 year starter in minn would play 4.6 seasons worth in nd

im not saying minn is the perfect model but i think nd should schedule a couple more games or have the 2-18's or both...

what do yous think...??
Last edited by jetblue12 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby simply the best 10 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:58 am

I defiantly would be in favor of playing more games and minutes.
"Greatness consists in trying to be great. There is no other way."

"Skill and confidence are an unconquered army."
simply the best 10
NDPreps Starter

Postby magic715 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:31 pm

jetblue12 wrote: i came up with this stuff a while ago but here it is......
im comparing nd class b and minnesotas class a, - same thing

minnesota plays 2-18's and 26 reg season game = 936 minutes a year

nd plays 4-8's and 19 reg season games = 608 minutes a year

a 3 year starter in nd would play as much as a 2 year starter in minn

a 3 year starter in minn would play 4.6 seasons worth in nd

im not saying minn is the perfect model but i think nd should schedule a couple more games or have the 2-18's or both...

what do yous think...??
Do you see how old the oldtimers are on the NDHSAA athletic committee, they are so old fashioned it takes forever to get anything done, i know people that have threatened to sue, cause of lack of games compared to other states. I mean if women can sue(and rightfully so) to play same as mens game, then ND athletes should sue to play as many as other states, make it a level playing field.
magic715

Postby magic715 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:31 pm

Last edited by magic715 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magic715

Postby unc2 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:33 pm

Class A in ND has 2 18 min halves but they dont play that many games. I would like to see the minutes increase and the number of games though in class b
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:12 pm

with no shot clock i like the quarters, if we got shot clock maybe go to halves. i do agree that more games should be scheduled.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby region1 football » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:17 pm

I dont know if the more games idea is a good one. If a parent has both a boy and a girl in basketball think of how much they will be runnin around unless you would go with more double headers.Maybe this could work out for a plus....
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tigger » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:04 am

I don't think we should be going to Minnesota for suggestions on how to "fix" ND basketball.  Minnesota has many, many more teams and college level players making it easier to play more/longer games.  I like ND the way it is right now.  I think Minnesota's one and done playoffs in basketball would be kind of neat because it would make the districts in Class B and the regionals in Class A a little more important.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:34 am

ClassBballa wrote:with no shot clock i like the quarters, if we got shot clock maybe go to halves. i do agree that more games should be scheduled.

Without a shot clock then halves would be more beneficial because you'd have 2 less times where someone would hold it for the last shot.  But a shot clock is definitely needed.  An example would be in Minn. where a boys team held the ball the last 2:50 to take the game winning shot.  With a shot clock each team would have had at least 3 possesions in that time.

If you look at the SI top 25 there is a girls team that is 43-0 and Oak Hill on the boys is 40-1.  If you increased the # of games, who would you play?  You could play a district oppent for a 3rd time or play the teams in the other district of your region.  But that would make the regionals a lot like districts if everyone had already played each other.
Last edited by Deuce on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cardinal10 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:12 am

The season would have to be even longer if we added more games which would back it up into Nov. even more with a start or go much longer into March.  This would cut in fall and spring sport participation.  Plus, teams would have to travel much farther for games because their just aren't enough teams in ND unless everyone just played all their District or Region opponents twice during the regular season.  Not a whole lot of fun in that. 
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:20 am

Tigger wrote:I don't think we should be going to Minnesota for suggestions on how to "fix" ND basketball.  Minnesota has many, many more teams and college level players making it easier to play more/longer games.  I like ND the way it is right now.  I think Minnesota's one and done playoffs in basketball would be kind of neat because it would make the districts in Class B and the regionals in Class A a little more important.

people that dont want to change thats what makes north dakota-north dakota

i watched some section 8A bball recently and i think nd is better, down by the cities A ball might be diff. but i cant see that much..
Last edited by jetblue12 on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys