Early picks for Top 10 for 2007-08

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby brfan » Tue May 01, 2007 3:00 pm

i dont think that shlioh will be that good they lost tanner freisen
brfan

Postby baseball » Tue May 01, 2007 3:11 pm

brfan wrote:i dont think that shlioh will be that good they lost tanner freisen

didnt they start 4 sophomores with him?  that experiance in the state tourney will make them better
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Tue May 01, 2007 3:33 pm

baseball wrote:
brfan wrote:i dont think that shlioh will be that good they lost tanner freisen

didnt they start 4 sophomores with him?  that experiance in the state tourney will make them better

Shiloh will be very good returning probably the best sophomore class in the state led by Tommy Dwyer. Look out for Shiloh next year and the year after that.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AnGry PiRatE » Tue May 01, 2007 7:18 pm

[font=impact]i agree with brfan on this one... shiloh didnt do that great in the state tourney either and no offense but there region isnt that good... and without friesen they dont have much hope[/font]
AnGry PiRatE

Postby BBall dominator » Mon May 07, 2007 12:39 am

they should be alright tanner did take more shots than the rest of the team combined(no joke) so we'll see how it looks w/o him most likely struggle but its not like their region is really tough defintely have a shot at state again
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby power-aid14 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:04 am

dominationSCS wrote:they should be alright tanner did take more shots than the rest of the team combined(no joke) so we'll see how it looks w/o him most likely struggle but its not like their region is really tough defintely have a shot at state again

haha he had too......that must be fun shooting every time
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby darrell » Sat May 12, 2007 4:13 pm

Bishop Ryan  wins it all
darrell

Postby lightning » Sun May 13, 2007 3:53 pm

baller01 wrote:
Sports guy wrote:
baller01 wrote:
jumpshot22 wrote:I agree with the Region 3 picks for next season. Out of District 5 I pick Lamoure to win the championship over BCN. District 6 I see Linton once againg coming out on top over Strasburg-Zeeland. Region 3 will finally see Lamoure winning the crown.

Region 3
#1 Lamoure
#2 Linton
#3 Strasburg-Zeeland
#4 BCN

PS BCN loses many Seniors (Beau Sizer) but also returns 2 starters in Bartlett and Heinze. Look for them to compete again next year just not getting to the top. 2006-07 was the year for the Bison. Look for them to compete again in 2008-09 for the Region Title.

State Ranking I see Lamoure being ranked as high as #2 or #3 in some preseason polls for next season. My predictions they will be put at #4 or #5.

I think I would switch Linton and Strasburg around. If Heinze and Bartlett step up there game next year like I'm sure they will, they will be very tough to beat. Between Strasburg and BCN there are 5 really good freshmen. It will be interesting to see what region 3 will be like in 2010 with Randall from Steele, the 3 from Strasburg, and the 2 from BCN. LaMoure wins this region next year by at least 15.

LaMoure will run District 5 come Tournament  Time cause anything can happen but i see them taking it .District 6 Will Be Linton cause of Purintun and Dan Carr. LaMoure and Linton in Championship. That game is up for grabs.

Region 3 will have some good teams in Strasburg,Steele,BCN for the upcoming seasons. A very good Freshman class should be an interesting Region in 2010

Ok, one ok player and one great coach isn't going to make up for the lack of talent and experience that the Lion's will have next year. Strasburg returns 3 of the 4 top freshmen in the district, a veteran coach, and possibly the best junior in the distirct in Satheren. Strasburg vs LaMoure in the regional championship game with LaMoure winning the region easily.
When u have a good coach he can make even bad players average and make ok players amazing.  A coach is what makes a school consistent.  Strasberg will still win because they have a decent coach too, but they return a lot of talent.  Steele will be interesting they have Randall then 2 jrs and 2 sophmores that are decent. Randall of course coming off a great season will be the leader but the young talent will need to step up they will be extremely young and inexperience.
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Sun May 13, 2007 7:39 pm

one thing i have wondered with the strasburg coaching situation...do you think it hurts or helps both the girls' and boys' teams that kleinsasser coaches both?

honestly, i can't imagine how much time that man puts into both teams...it just seems like a pretty large load for one guy to shoulder and i would worry that come then end of the season he is absolutely drained.

on the other hand, i think he's got what...a couple of decades of coaching experience on his side, so he probably knows how to grind through a season and when to perk himself up. seems like every coach you talk to, if you need a reason to get excited at the end of the year, you probably shouldn't be there. so just with it being tourney time that would probably re-energize him.
rep

Postby Hunterlaf » Mon May 14, 2007 5:13 am

magic715 wrote:TOP 10 for next yr: i havnt looked real close yet but my early top 10 list would be:

1) Hazen 2) Bishop Ryan 3) Watford City 4)Shiloh Christian 5) Lamoure  6) Lisbon

7) Grafton 8) Dunseith 9) Divide County 10) Fargo Oak Grove, i am sure i am missing

a team from the east as i do not know them as well, but i will start it

parshall could easily beat divide county next year
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller99 » Mon May 14, 2007 6:51 am

I can guarantee you that Shiloh Cristian will not be #4 and to me shouldn't even be in the top 25!
baller99

Postby classb_fan00 » Mon May 14, 2007 7:15 am

baller99 wrote:I can guarantee you that Shiloh Cristian will not be #4 and to me shouldn't even be in the top 25!

I don't think Shiloh will be top 10. They'll be top 30 in my opinion.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sports guy » Tue May 15, 2007 7:36 am

Bishop Ryan will be at the top of the poll
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball_12 » Wed May 16, 2007 5:45 pm

Last edited by bball_12 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bball_12

Postby lightning » Fri May 18, 2007 5:36 am

rep wrote:one thing i have wondered with the strasburg coaching situation...do you think it hurts or helps both the girls' and boys' teams that kleinsasser coaches both?

honestly, i can't imagine how much time that man puts into both teams...it just seems like a pretty large load for one guy to shoulder and i would worry that come then end of the season he is absolutely drained.

on the other hand, i think he's got what...a couple of decades of coaching experience on his side, so he probably knows how to grind through a season and when to perk himself up. seems like every coach you talk to, if you need a reason to get excited at the end of the year, you probably shouldn't be there. so just with it being tourney time that would probably re-energize him.
Kleinsasser seems to do fine at least i think.  He yells quite a bit, but i think its just his style of coaching.  Thou, these last 2 years hes had decent teams they always seem to lack disipline which u learn from your coach.  This next year will be interesting i still see them doing well thou because of all the talent.
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Fri May 18, 2007 5:44 am

lightning wrote:
rep wrote:one thing i have wondered with the strasburg coaching situation...do you think it hurts or helps both the girls' and boys' teams that kleinsasser coaches both?

Kleinsasser seems to do fine at least i think.  He yells quite a bit, but i think its just his style of coaching.  Thou, these last 2 years hes had decent teams they always seem to lack disipline which u learn from your coach.  This next year will be interesting i still see them doing well thou because of all the talent.

That discipline sometimes goes deeper then just the coach. But I agree. If they had some discipline they would be better. But then again, that "free" style of play is there game.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby evancounts » Fri May 18, 2007 9:38 am

no one is going to be able to stop bishop ryan
evancounts
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Coach » Fri May 18, 2007 10:23 am

baller01 wrote:
lightning wrote:

That discipline sometimes goes deeper then just the coach. But I agree. If they had some discipline they would be better. But then again, that "free" style of play is there game.

The coaching situation in Strasburg hurts both programs.  It is impossible to commit the time necessary to truely run a program when you are coaching two programs in the same season.    

Kleinsasser's style is more than yelling a lot.  It also includes berating and putting the players down.  This is a large reason they lack discipline, because none of the players respect him as a coach. 

They will be a good team next year because they have a lot of talent but they will never reach their full potential.  On talent alone they can probally have 2 20 win seasons in the next 3 years. 
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Fri May 18, 2007 12:33 pm

ND_Coach wrote:
baller01 wrote:
lightning wrote:

The coaching situation in Strasburg hurts both programs.  It is impossible to commit the time necessary to truely run a program when you are coaching two programs in the same season.    

Kleinsasser's style is more than yelling a lot.  It also includes berating and putting the players down.  This is a large reason they lack discipline, because none of the players respect him as a coach. 

They will be a good team next year because they have a lot of talent but they will never reach their full potential.  On talent alone they can probally have 2 20 win seasons in the next 3 years. 

I beg to differ. It is called tough love...
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND_Coach » Sat May 19, 2007 7:24 pm

It tough love to call players worthless and tell them they struggle?  Its tough love to tell one player that he will never be half as good as his brother?  That is not tough love.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Sun May 20, 2007 6:05 am

ND_Coach wrote:

It tough love to call players worthless and tell them they struggle?  Its tough love to tell one player that he will never be half as good as his brother?  That is not tough love.
A smart player would use it as motivation and quit whinning about it. I personally don't argee with Kleinsasser's coaching style, however I think the man knows more about basketball than he is given credit for. At least the man doesn't call a timeout and tell his players he has no clue what to do, or doesn't get a play drawn up. That really gives the kids confidence. It's all in how one looks at it, you can either whine and think nothing of the guy, or use it as motivation to push yourself to get better.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_Coach » Tue May 22, 2007 5:56 am

bballfan_05 wrote:A smart player would use it as motivation and quit whinning about it. I personally don't argee with Kleinsasser's coaching style, however I think the man knows more about basketball than he is given credit for. At least the man doesn't call a timeout and tell his players he has no clue what to do, or doesn't get a play drawn up. That really gives the kids confidence. It's all in how one looks at it, you can either whine and think nothing of the guy, or use it as motivation to push yourself to get better.

I see where you are coming from bballfan.  Lets flip it around a bit though, a smart coach would use more  tact to motivate.  What sounds better?: Johnny you struggle at dribbling and you will never be half as good as your brother or Johnny you hustle and work hard but it will tough for you to get playing time on varsity unless you improve your dribbling.  Both convey the same point, but I would argue people will have more respect for the latter, it lays everything that needs to be done on the shoulders of the player and now it is up to Johnny to get things done.

Let me pose a question now.  Would it be acceptable for a science teacher to tell a student that they are terrible in science and stupid in front of the class?  Should the students then stop whining about it and use it to motivate themselves? 

I will say Kliensasser has an above average grasp on the x's and o's but he is overrated as a coach.  He rode Brian Dykema and Jon Van Boven to almost all of his success, and with those two on a team anyone could have won.  He will do the same now with Bobbi Kramer, Mark Baumgartner, and Danny Nieuwsma.  They will have success but it is because of talent, not coaching

ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue May 22, 2007 6:04 am

ND_Coach wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:A smart player would use it as motivation and quit whinning about it. I personally don't argee with Kleinsasser's coaching style, however I think the man knows more about basketball than he is given credit for. At least the man doesn't call a timeout and tell his players he has no clue what to do, or doesn't get a play drawn up. That really gives the kids confidence. It's all in how one looks at it, you can either whine and think nothing of the guy, or use it as motivation to push yourself to get better.

I see where you are coming from bballfan.  Lets flip it around a bit though, a smart coach would use more  tact to motivate.  What sounds better?: Johnny you struggle at dribbling and you will never be half as good as your brother or Johnny you hustle and work hard but it will tough for you to get playing time on varsity unless you improve your dribbling.  Both convey the same point, but I would argue people will have more respect for the latter, it lays everything that needs to be done on the shoulders of the player and now it is up to Johnny to get things done.

Let me pose a question now.  Would it be acceptable for a science teacher to tell a student that they are terrible in science and stupid in front of the class?  Should the students then stop whining about it and use it to motivate themselves? 

I will say Kliensasser has an above average grasp on the x's and o's but he is overrated as a coach.  He rode Brian Dykema and Jon Van Boven to almost all of his success, and with those two on a team anyone could have won.  He will do the same now with Bobbi Kramer, Mark Baumgartner, and Danny Nieuwsma.  They will have success but it is because of talent, not coaching

I see your point and I argee that its hard to respect a coach that does that. But from a former players perspective, if you really want to play ball and have been told there is nothing you can do that would get you more playing time etc, you have to use it as motivation to get better to show them wrong and also in life. I'm not disagreeing with you at all, coaches that dont say anything but negative stuff and bad mouth the kids uptown shouldn't be coaching, but politics play a bigger role in that.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:08 am

ND_Coach wrote:

John Wooden once said something like this..."It makes it real easy to win every year with the best players in the nation. However, some coaches can't even win with the best players."
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballer » Sat May 26, 2007 4:46 pm

my picks...assuming there are no major injuries...1)Bishop Ryan 2)Watford City 3)Hazen 4) Four Winds 5) Shiloh 6) Lamoure 7) Linton 8) Grafton 9) F/S/H/P 10)Dickinson Trinity
basketballer

PreviousNext

Return to Boys