Mr. Basketball

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:55 pm

NDdominator wrote:yea those past years should have been a B kid but these past two years Mertens was hands down easily the best player in the state few will argue that and this this year there are four class A players that if they got the award would be deserving and are IMO better than all Class B players not alot better but better

next year i would love to see mertens and whoever wins mr basketball unless it is qvale go at it not this year because mertens will be so much better than them because of college experience and not qvale cuz guards have a huge advantage one on one i think it would be interesting

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ballaholic#3 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:58 pm

i agree that this year a class A player should win, but last year i'm sure mertens was deserving but peyton tivis was a great player. mertens didn't even take #1 DL to state. Tivis lost to the best team in the state in region championship. i guess the point i'm trying to make is that some years class A is deserving but if Hunter Berg was the last 'B' player to win. something is wrong there and you cannot tell me that i am wrong.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:04 pm

What I wish would happen is they would throw out the fact that he is class A or he is class B and look at who was the best player at the level they played at. There are too many factors to discuss when comparing class B to class A. You can say class A plays more minutes, you can say class B plays weaker competition. It just is uncomparable. What I wish they would do is first look at the stats and compare them. Then I would look at who did the most for there team. Throw in a couple state tournament appearances and get your winner. If everyone is going to have this mentallity that just because "he" is from class A means he is better, then there is absoutely no point in having this award. Class A competition in general up and down the line is better, but if there is a good class B player out there, he will succeed at any level in high school, B or A.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:17 pm

baller01 wrote:What I wish would happen is they would throw out the fact that he is class A or he is class B and look at who was the best player at the level they played at. There are too many factors to discuss when comparing class B to class A. You can say class A plays more minutes, you can say class B plays weaker competition. It just is uncomparable. What I wish they would do is first look at the stats and compare them. Then I would look at who did the most for there team. Throw in a couple state tournament appearances and get your winner. If everyone is going to have this mentallity that just because "he" is from class A means he is better, then there is absoutely no point in having this award. Class A competition in general up and down the line is better, but if there is a good class B player out there, he will succeed at any level in high school, B or A.

i'm not saying i disagree, because i think B players do get hosed, but it is way harder to get to state in B with so many more teams so that part of your qualification list isn't fair to B players
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tigger » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:19 am

I think that Mr./Miss Basketball is good and should be kept.  Have you seen all the posts and views on this topic?  The award generates so much talk and publicity about a group of players that might otherwise be overlooked.  Does NBC show clips of region POY's during their tournament coverage?  No, they advertise the finalists for Mr./Miss Basketball.  Is it a flawed system?  Yes.  There are people from the media that probably don't know about players on the other end of the state, but you can't tell me that a coach on the west end of the state cares at all about a player in the east if the two teams don't play.  There is no perfect system for doing it.  I think the media has every right to name their teams and awards, and the NDHSAA can do the same thing.  I support anything that will recognize athletes for their accomplishments and generate buzz around them.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kvrnm » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:39 pm

is nathaniel packineau a candidate, cus hes better then ironhaert and ironheart is a canidate i think.     even tho this doesent really matter cus a class A player will win, im just wondering.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:41 pm

kvrnm wrote:is nathaniel packineau a candidate, cus hes better then ironhaert and ironheart is a canidate i think.     even tho this doesent really matter cus a class A player will win, im just wondering.

no, packineau is not a candidate. I'm feel they let ironheart be a candidate just to prevent controversy.
project-pat

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:01 pm

kvrnm wrote:is nathaniel packineau a candidate, cus hes better then ironhaert and ironheart is a canidate i think.     even tho this doesent really matter cus a class A player will win, im just wondering.

Yea, after watching the state tourney, how is this kid not a candidate.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby kvrnm » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:04 pm

ya, i mean with his numbers, i think it was like 20 pts 9 boards and 9 assists. i just dont understand. what were ironhearts stats, and is there region weak are somthing cus they played awful against dt.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:14 pm

kvrnm wrote:ya, i mean with his numbers, i think it was like 20 pts 9 boards and 9 assists. i just dont understand. what were ironhearts stats, and is there region weak are somthing cus they played awful against dt.

Ironheart averaged 22.5 points, 5 rebounds and 9 assists. Numbers aren't bad, just from what I've seen, packineau is better.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:12 pm

Totally agree that Nathaniel should be a canidate atleast, we all know who is going to win it, but their should be a write-in slot for Nathaniel Packineau I have watched him all year and he is an outstanding baskeball player and a class act on the floor!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys