FOUR WINDS!!!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:55 pm

KEEP IT IN BISMARCK
project-pat

Postby Roughrider » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:27 pm

I agree with pp, i think it should stay in bismark. I just think it is the best all around place to play not only because it has a great atmosphere but it is in a convinient location for all teams
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:29 pm

I went banana sandwich when I saw that it was in Fargo and Minot the next 3 years, that's just bogus.
project-pat

Postby SportsAreLife » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:33 pm

project-pat wrote:I went banana sandwich when I saw that it was in Fargo and Minot the next 3 years, that's just bogus.

Ya know MInot is ok not better than Bismarck but ok. Fargo on the other hand is just plain ridiculous. The Fargodome is for football not basketball.
SportsAreLife

Postby Roughrider » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:36 pm

I agree totally with you, when it is in basketball form, you have to sit so far away from the actual court, its horrible. i dont know why they keep playing basketball in that place
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:38 pm

SportsAreLife wrote:
project-pat wrote:I went banana sandwich when I saw that it was in Fargo and Minot the next 3 years, that's just bogus.

Ya know MInot is ok not better than Bismarck but ok. Fargo on the other hand is just plain ridiculous. The Fargodome is for football not basketball.

Minot doesnt have near enough seating for boys state B, it cant handle THE B!:strong:
project-pat

Postby SportsAreLife » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:40 pm

project-pat wrote:
SportsAreLife wrote:

Minot doesnt have near enough seating for boys state B, it cant handle THE B!:strong:

I actually think it's a little bit bigger than Bismarck. But Bismarck is still KING hands down.
SportsAreLife

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:42 pm

SportsAreLife wrote:
project-pat wrote:
SportsAreLife wrote:

I actually think it's a little bit bigger than Bismarck. But Bismarck is still KING hands down.

Minot doesn't use all of its seating though, maybe it would be bigger if they used all of it.
project-pat

Postby Roughrider » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:42 pm

you think that the minot university dome is bigger than the Civic Center. I dont think it is. Bismarck I think is bigger by a couple thousand people. The Civic Center is 10 times nicer than the MSU dome hands down though
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SportsAreLife » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:44 pm

We need to find the official capacities of them.
SportsAreLife

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:45 pm

Roughrider wrote:you think that the minot university dome is bigger than the Civic Center. I dont think it is. Bismarck I think is bigger by a couple thousand people. The Civic Center is 10 times nicer than the MSU dome hands down though

Yes I agree, and it's also the same drive no matter where you live in ND.
project-pat

Postby SportsAreLife » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:49 pm

project-pat wrote:
Roughrider wrote:you think that the minot university dome is bigger than the Civic Center. I dont think it is. Bismarck I think is bigger by a couple thousand people. The Civic Center is 10 times nicer than the MSU dome hands down though

I just thought I remember seeing that like in the early 90's there was like 10,000 people at Minot. Could be wrong though.
SportsAreLife

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:57 pm

SportsAreLife wrote:
project-pat wrote:

I just thought I remember seeing that like in the early 90's there was like 10,000 people at Minot. Could be wrong though.

that may be the case, but class B won't be the same when it's not in bismarck:(
project-pat

Postby Roughrider » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:58 pm

yeah i think the same way. I think bismarck is the ultimate place for class b. it
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:10 pm

Roughrider wrote:yeah i think the same way. I think bismarck is the ultimate place for class b. it

choked up with emotion?
rep

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:11 pm

rep wrote:
Roughrider wrote:yeah i think the same way. I think bismarck is the ultimate place for class b. it

choked up with emotion?

haha yeah Roughrider gets that way alot, he gets so emotional he just can't speak anymore
project-pat

Postby Roughrider » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:12 pm

project-pat wrote:
rep wrote:

choked up with emotion?

haha yeah Roughrider gets that way alot, he gets so emotional he just can't speak anymore
yeah, i just cant stand it when they talk about the state tournament like that. Its just so hurting.:)
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:20 pm

Home of the Beaver Basketball and Volleyball squads, is the largest arena in the Dakota Athletic Conference with a capacity of 10,000.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:23 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:Home of the Beaver Basketball and Volleyball squads, is the largest arena in the Dakota Athletic Conference with a capacity of 10,000.

still shouldn't even be considered for class B boys with Bismarck in the mix.
project-pat

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:32 pm

project-pat wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:Home of the Beaver Basketball and Volleyball squads, is the largest arena in the Dakota Athletic Conference with a capacity of 10,000.

still shouldn't even be considered for class B boys with Bismarck in the mix.

I totally agree, just found that for anyone that was interested.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Aaronih » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:24 am

Thought this was a FW page fellas?? lol but yea i agree the state should stay in bismarck..awesome venue there and this to do..
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby NBE2007 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:43 am

Just thought I'd add this..the Kirkland Mall or whatever its called is right across from the Civic Center..so i just go to the mall earlier then walk over to the civic center..very convienient
NBE2007

Postby fruit snack » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:45 pm

NBE2007 wrote:Just thought I'd add this..the Kirkland Mall or whatever its called is right across from the Civic Center..so i just go to the mall earlier then walk over to the civic center..very convienient

ya and if u stay at the ramkota, u can walk to the games becuase its not that far...and ur right next to the mall
fruit snack

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:08 pm

I think the Dome probably is bigger, though I'm not sure. I guarantee the Civic isn't bigger by a couple of thousand.

Minot has a lot of upper seating that are just bleachers at the very top. They always open them, but they never get filled. Most people don't even notice them. I do know that they are never full.

I also wouldn't say the Civic Center is nicer hands down. If you get a seat in the lower levels at MSU, I'd probably prefer that over the Civic's.

The biggest issue is the plain bleachers for the rest of the unreserved. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that turn to actual seating.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBall dominator » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:14 pm

The only bad part is all the class b people come into bismarck and they don't know how to drive very frustrating but the venue is the best never do I see so many lettermans until the B comes to town
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys