sportsmanship

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby class b fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:55 pm

I was at the region 4 championship game last night and in all of my years of watching class b bb I thought I saw the most  unclassy fans ever. First a few points last year I watched FW play Leeds Minn in the championship and seen a indian fan give the cut throat sign at least 20 times and thats only when I was watching. Than from reading the posts in this  sight to hear some indian fans say that it was only a couple of bad apples in their crowd like every body else has. Well sorry I do not buy that after last night as their whole crowd would boo or stomp their feet when a bears player shot free throws. That is what class b bb is all about small teams great support for their teams not to be disrespectful to the other team. I wonder why FW the last to times to state has never come home with a sportsman award???????????  I know people who vote on this and can flat out tell you there is not 1 chance in a million that they will get 1 this year if that continues. So please try to make region 4 proud of you in state and have respect to the other teams. 
class b fan

Postby rep » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:07 pm

class b fan wrote:Well sorry I do not buy that after last night as their whole crowd would boo or stomp their feet when a bears player shot free throws. That is what class b bb is all about small teams great support for their teams not to be disrespectful to the other team.

boo or stomp feet during free throws??? seriously...that is what your problem is??? that happens at every widely attended basketball game.

quit going to basketball games or you are in for a long life.
Last edited by rep on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby class b fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:25 pm

Thats a real good answer this happens at every widley attended bbb game.  At the college level yes at class b games no way  i have  seen people told by their own school to leave if they make noise   in excess  when the other team is shooting. i have coached and been a ref and there is no place in high school bb for this kind of action.  So if this is some thing thats happens at every widly attended bb game why dont you see teams at state doing it???????  Because if they do they will not get a sportsmanship banner. Another reason why is the teams know everyone is watching them and would like to show repect to the other team and to those watching.
class b fan

Postby rep » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:29 pm

no one booing or stomping feet at state during free throws...are you kidding me?

i don't mean this as a snide half-question, i mean it in all seriousness. you have gone to a state tournament where there was no noise during a free throw?

was it a seventh-place game where there was a terrible snow storm and only the teams could get into the gym?
rep

Postby blaze88 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:31 pm

getting a sportsmanship award at state has nothing to do with the way anybody acts at state or anywhere else. the only way you get that award is if the superintendent takes the time to fill out the papers that every school gets so that is the reason for that. and every school that fills that out gets the award
Last edited by blaze88 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blaze88

Postby bbjay » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:54 pm

North Dakota is very courteous during free throws at the class B level....I've been to games in other states where it's common place to yell scream stomp or whatever during the other teams free throws.  It's called home court advantage.  I've also been to plenty of games this year in ND where the home team has yelled or whatever during free throws.....who cares?  Those were the old days bud...personally, when I was shooting free throws, it didn't bother me whatsoever.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:14 pm

rep wrote:
class b fan wrote:Well sorry I do not buy that after last night as their whole crowd would boo or stomp their feet when a bears player shot free throws. That is what class b bb is all about small teams great support for their teams not to be disrespectful to the other team.

boo or stomp feet during free throws??? seriously...that is what your problem is??? that happens at every widely attended basketball game.

yea the free throw noise isnt a big deal as for cutting the throat sign thats over the line
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby class b fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:17 pm

sorry mr. if you receive a tec you are not going to get a award and I am freinds with 2 different people that were asked to vote on whether or not the teams get it so you are way off base
class b fan

Postby class b fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:24 pm

yes i have to to a lot of state tournaments i bet twice as many as you have and can say that for the most part that fans respect the game and do not make excessive noise( i did not say no noise ) when some one is shooting ft. I also have been at a game in FW where before the game they annnounce  what  good sportmanship should be.
class b fan

Postby class b fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:28 pm

rep wrote:

nice one I hope I am in for a long life  if you are a fan like that you would maybe be in for a short life.
class b fan

Postby J-Rod34 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:48 pm

For the fas who were at the Region 8 Tournament last night they witnessed first hand a display of lack of sportsmanship when Bo James went on his tirade after fouling out of the game. Showed a lot of class Bo good way to represent your team, fans, and town I am willing to bet they aren't so proud of you anymore.
J-Rod34

Postby rep » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:10 pm

class b fan wrote:
rep wrote:

nice one I hope I am in for a long life  if you are a fan like that you would maybe be in for a short life.

you whine...i'm tired of it...bye bye

saying that someone is in for a short life is likely one of the quicker ways to get a topic closed...congrats.
Last edited by rep on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Return to Boys