BCN???????????

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby u no it » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:47 am

Sry to say but they arent going no where in state i dont think mid as well get ready for last place game!! FW beat them by 49 um........... how do u guys think they will do???? they only have one guy sizer!
u no it

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:50 am

I say congratulations to B.C.N on making it to state and no one was giving them a chance......same thing here....no one is giving them a chance........they have improved a great deal in the last month+......team that is very young besides sizer......so i wouldn't assume anything about how they will do and give them 8th right now.....because you know what they say when you assume........
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby web17 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:55 am

u no it wrote:Sry to say but they arent going no where in state i dont think mid as well get ready for last place game!! FW beat them by 49 um........... how do u guys think they will do???? they only have one guy sizer!

they made it to a place where only 7 other teams in the state did. They must have done something right. As for going anywhere, anything can happen. i have been saying that all along. ONE bad quarter for a "top" team, teams like B.C.N can win.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:08 am

I wouldn't want to play BCN unless I had a darn good post defender. Sizer is amazing. I wish any team luck in stopping him. BCN freshman are amazing as well. Right now, I would say there is no hotter team then BCN.

I just want to take this time to congratulate BCN on winnning last night. They are a bunch of very classy guys who deserve this very much. They were huge underdogs last night and went out and played like they were all-stars. Congrats to BCN and best of luck at state.

I would also like to apologize to Beau Sizer. All year I have kind of said that he wasn't that good and, well, I was wrong. I've never played against a post as good as him. He gets amazing position and his guard get him the ball at the right time everytime. If he gets the ball by the basket, with a defender on his back, give him the points right now. Beau, if you ever read any of this stuff on here, congratulations and I wish you guys the best of luck at state. I knew you guys were a very good team but I didn't think you were that good of player. Best of luck to BCN at the state tournament once again.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Watcher 007 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:14 am

I have to admit, I picked Linton to win this Region. I don't understand how Linton wouldn't double team an awesome athlete like Sizer? Napoleon held him like 8 or 10 points under his average and that includes overtime. Napoleon didn't have near the total package Linton did and Sizer had like 30 some on Linton. I just don't understand when something works, why wouldn't a different team do the same thing. Maybe that is why I don't coach and just get to watch the games. Best of luck to BCN and way to go Coach Shaffer (sp). Well done. For Linton, keep your heads up and best of luck next season.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:18 am

Watcher 007 wrote:I have to admit, I picked Linton to win this Region. I don't understand how Linton wouldn't double team an awesome athlete like Sizer? Napoleon held him like 8 or 10 points under his average and that includes overtime. Napoleon didn't have near the total package Linton did and Sizer had like 30 some on Linton. I just don't understand when something works, why wouldn't a different team do the same thing. Maybe that is why I don't coach and just get to watch the games. Best of luck to BCN and way to go Coach Shaffer (sp). Well done. For Linton, keep your heads up and best of luck next season.

its not that easy,  you cant go watch a FW game and say "o their press worked, we are gonna do that in 2 days"  maybe if it happened earlier in teh season and a coach has more then 1 day to work on that idea it can be done but in a tournament situation its almost impossible to copy another teams way of playing to counter for one player, you have to use what got you there and hope that is enough.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rumbles » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:07 am

I think their inexperience will cripple them look for them to be good in a couple of years
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:53 pm

[url=/users/2008.html]rumbles[/url] wrote:
I think their inexperience will cripple them look for them to be good in a couple of years

there inexperience didnt cripple them in regions and districts so why is it going to cripple them in state?
basketballer

Postby basketballer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:02 pm

[url=/users/2079.html]u no it[/url] wrote:
Sry to say but they arent going no where in state i dont think mid as well get ready for last place game!! FW beat them by 49 um........... how do u guys think they will do???? they only have one guy sizer!

they turned a 28 point loss into a 8 point win so why not turn a 49 point game into a win.
Last edited by basketballer on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby rumbles » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:06 pm

basketballer wrote:[url=/users/2008.html]rumbles[/url] wrote:

there inexperience didnt cripple them in regions and districts so why is it going to cripple them in state?
State is a little tougher than regionals
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OldmanBBall » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:44 am

Why do we need to criticize BCN??..You think there is a team in Region 3 that's better than BCN?? Last time I checked they beat Linton and LaMoure...2 good teams.  I am not saying they will do good in the state b but why start a topic to criticize them?
OldmanBBall

Postby u no it » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:18 am

OldmanBBall wrote:Why do we need to criticize BCN??..You think there is a team in Region 3 that's better than BCN?? Last time I checked they beat Linton and LaMoure...2 good teams.  I am not saying they will do good in the state b but why start a topic to criticize them?

Because theres tons of other team out there that are  way better!!  an  desirve to be the like example carrington, leeds-minn,lisbon,killdeer,wells alot of team that are good out there that shold  get to play there but they all have really tough regions with lots good teams!!!!!!! DO U NO WHAT I MEAN??
u no it

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:51 am

u no it wrote:
OldmanBBall wrote:Why do we need to criticize BCN??..You think there is a team in Region 3 that's better than BCN?? Last time I checked they beat Linton and LaMoure...2 good teams.  I am not saying they will do good in the state b but why start a topic to criticize them?

Because theres tons of other team out there that are  way better!!  an  desirve to be the like example carrington, leeds-minn,lisbon,killdeer,wells alot of team that are good out there that shold  get to play there but they all have really tough regions with lots good teams!!!!!!! DO U NO WHAT I MEAN??
Quit criticizing BCN, they worked just as hard as any other team and they beat two tough teams in LaMoure and Linton. Who cares if all those other teams didnt make it, thats there fault, they didnt work hard enough, and BCN did. Quit giving them crap about being at state, they deserve it just as much as the next team. Give them some praise, and shut up. Maybe those teams should have worked that much harder, and maybe they would be here.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:27 am

hoopsstar2391 wrote:
u no it wrote:

Quit criticizing BCN, they worked just as hard as any other team and they beat two tough teams in LaMoure and Linton. Who cares if all those other teams didnt make it, thats there fault, they didnt work hard enough, and BCN did. Quit giving them crap about being at state, they deserve it just as much as the next team. Give them some praise, and shut up. Maybe those teams should have worked that much harder, and maybe they would be here.

There might be better teams out there but the fact is, BCN is going and those teams aren't. I personally think Steele-Dawon, LaMoure, and Linton are all better then BCN, but ya know what, those 3 teams are done and at home and BCN is going to Bismarck this weekend. Sometimes you just gotta cut your losses and congratulate BCN on making it to state. I think of Linton and BCN played 10 times, I think Linton would win probably 7 or 8 of them. BCN just played there hearts out that night and Linton didn't come to play and couldn't get a shot to drop. BCN could very easily take last place at state or they could very easily being playing on championship night, that is how basketball goes.

There might be better teams out there then BCN but BCN found a way to pull it out and get it done. Give them some credit.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rumbles » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:36 am

baller01 wrote:
hoopsstar2391 wrote:
u no it wrote:

There might be better teams out there but the fact is, BCN is going and those teams aren't. I personally think Steele-Dawon, LaMoure, and Linton are all better then BCN, but ya know what, those 3 teams are done and at home and BCN is going to Bismarck this weekend. Sometimes you just gotta cut your losses and congratulate BCN on making it to state. I think of Linton and BCN played 10 times, I think Linton would win probably 7 or 8 of them. BCN just played there hearts out that night and Linton didn't come to play and couldn't get a shot to drop. BCN could very easily take last place at state or they could very easily being playing on championship night, that is how basketball goes.

There might be better teams out there then BCN but BCN found a way to pull it out and get it done. Give them some credit.
your right thats why we play a region tournament at the end of the season its like college basketball it gives underdogs a chance to go and maybe even win state
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fightingsioux20 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:25 am

Steele just messed up big in districts placing 3rd putting them in a harder bracket
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:42 am

fightingsioux20 wrote:Steele just messed up big in districts placing 3rd putting them in a harder bracket

True true, but either way, they were still going to have to get past LaMoure, Linton, BCN, and Napoleon. They just drew LaMoure first round. It's not like they were going to have to not play one of those 4 teams.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby OldmanBBall » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:59 pm

Thanks for backing me up, this topic is ridiculous.  BCN deserves everything they are getting. LaMoure and Linton may be better teams, but they just didn't peak at the right time like BCN.  Maybe next year.
OldmanBBall

Postby region1 football » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:18 pm

maybe well have our own little tieam from  hickory here in bcn:P.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby skman » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:47 pm

BCN is a hot team right now. Blasted earlier this year by 4 Winds and then Lamoure. Other teams are sitting at home and they are playing yet. Give their team props for getting it done at the right time. They have found the right mix. Earlier they struggled against pressure and almostg seem to thrive on it now. Sizer is totally unimpressive UNTIL he gets the ball in his hands. Then he is almost unstoppable. he will definitely surprise anyone that takes him lightly.
It's not how you drive, it's how you arrive
skman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classb_fan00 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:03 am

u no it wrote:

bcn beat carrington
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:01 pm

Its pretty impressive how they lost by 28 to Lamoure and then beat them in disticts
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:04 pm

u no it wrote:

Lisbon wasnt that good we found out they did beat carrington, killdeer chocked and wells had plenty of shots at FW these teams didnt show they deserve to go to state and BCN did by winning their region
Last edited by rumbles on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby u no it » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:45 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:
u no it wrote:

bcn beat carrington

They  didnt come to play thoght it was  gunna be  easy an made it a ball game  was a upset  carrignton killed Lamoure an look bcn lost to them  bcn lost to  4 winds  by 49 carrington 5 in  region???????carrington would win 9 out of 10 times the played probly only lose  the won cause lil tired after  all them other  wins!!!!

haha
u no it

Postby munson11 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:05 pm

u no it wrote:
classb_fan00 wrote:
u no it wrote:

bcn beat carrington

They  didnt come to play thoght it was  gunna be  easy an made it a ball game  was a upset  carrignton killed Lamoure an look bcn lost to them  bcn lost to  4 winds  by 49 carrington 5 in  region???????carrington would win 9 out of 10 times the played probly only lose  the won cause lil tired after  all them other  wins!!!!

haha

Does somebody wanna translate this? :(
munson11

Next

Return to Boys