Hankinson, off to state for the first time since 1989.

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ginsbach » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:45 pm

48-47 over Oak Grove.

What an exciting run they've had through the regional tournament.
Ginsbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby jumpshot22 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:12 am

Congratulations to the Hankinson Pirates and making it to the elite 8 in Bismarck. They played a hard fought Region championship and beat a Cinderella team in Oak Grove. Look for Hankinson to make some noise in Bismarck next week. Go Pirates!
jumpshot22

Postby Claz B Fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:39 am

The only way they will make noise is if there guards step it up bigtime otherwise if could be along night for them guarding the Packineaus
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby coachk » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:30 am

Congrats to coach Mike and his assistants and all the players and fans from Hankinson. Your hard work in the off season is paying off. I have had the chance to see most of the state qualifing teams play this year and this year has the making of one of the best in a long time. I wouldn't take any team lightly . Hankinson you have alot to be proud of and Good Luck!
coachk

Postby bballplayer09 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:48 pm

Hakinson did play a good games during the regional run. They surpised me coming back in the last minute against northern cass. Oak grove gave them a really good "run for their money" and the shots taken at the end could have gone either way. I don't remeber who shot the last shot for hankinson but it could have rolled out easily and hvidstons shot could have rolled in too.
bballplayer09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby J-Rod34 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:03 pm

We (Parshall) are looking forward to playing you guys next Thursday, it is going to be a good game.
J-Rod34

Postby Ben23 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:28 pm

bballplayer09 wrote:Hakinson did play a good games during the regional run. They surpised me coming back in the last minute against northern cass. Oak grove gave them a really good "run for their money" and the shots taken at the end could have gone either way. I don't remeber who shot the last shot for hankinson but it could have rolled out easily and hvidstons shot could have rolled in too.

Ben Althoff took that shot with 20 seconds left.
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:32 pm

Ben23 wrote:
bballplayer09 wrote:Hakinson did play a good games during the regional run. They surpised me coming back in the last minute against northern cass. Oak grove gave them a really good "run for their money" and the shots taken at the end could have gone either way. I don't remeber who shot the last shot for hankinson but it could have rolled out easily and hvidstons shot could have rolled in too.

Ben Althoff, would that be that #23 from Hankinson, haha.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ben23 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:36 pm

baller01 wrote:
Ben23 wrote:

Yeah
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:39 pm

Ben23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
Ben23 wrote:

Yeah

Haha sorry, I couldn't resist. Good luck this weekend.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ben23 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:46 pm

baller01 wrote:
Ben23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
Ben23 wrote:

Yeah

Haha sorry, I couldn't resist. Good luck this weekend.

HAHA its alright and thank you
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby toast36 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:30 pm

its nice seeing different teams in the state tournament. u got your usuals like dickinson-trinity who seem to be able to make it every year. but its nice to see hankinson there. they definately deserve it.
toast36
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scruffy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:32 pm

Congratulations!  Enjoy it.. the journey is the reward....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mailman_25 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:16 am

Will Hankinson have a full roster for the tournament? I hate rumors, but I have heard otherwise. Can anyone confirm the Pirates will be down atleast one man for the next 6 weeks?
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby beachy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:27 am

Mailman_25 wrote:Will Hankinson have a full roster for the tournament? I hate rumors, but I have heard otherwise. Can anyone confirm the Pirates will be down atleast one man for the next 6 weeks?

Yes they will be down one man......
Last edited by beachy on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mailman_25 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:01 am

That's too bad. He was a major reason Hankinson made state. Great shooter. Always seemed to be in the right spot. Very composed.  Must be disappointed to no end.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:10 pm

Mailman_25 wrote:That's too bad. He was a major reason Hankinson made state. Great shooter. Always seemed to be in the right spot. Very composed.  Must be disappointed to no end.

was he a starter?
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dfougie » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:21 pm

no, he actually was ineligible to play the first part of the season, became eligible, contributed, now is out....a shame....
Dfougie

Postby bballprsn » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:31 pm

Dfougie wrote:no, he actually was ineligible to play the first part of the season, became eligible, contributed, now is out....a shame....

he was a pretty big part of their deep bench.  The kid just seems to have the worst of luck.  He's very dissappointed like no other and feels bad.  I guess thats just how it goes.
bballprsn
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:49 pm

Wouldnt have been all that impressed with 1989 had Midway-Minto made it. Minto hasnt been there since 1972 and midway has never been there since the school opened in the 60's. Some of the towns in the consolidation made it like in the 50's in Clas C but its been a LONG time and came up about 12 seconds short in regulation.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys