BCN Believers?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby jumpshot22 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:27 pm

Who would have thought a month ago BCN would be going to the state tournament next week??? What a turn around this team has gone through...After watching BCN defeat a perennial power like Linton I truly feel that this team has the capability to beat anyone in the state right now. Yes Four Winds beat this team earlier by 49points but I look for those two teams to square off with each other next  Friday night in the state semi-finals. Look for Sizer to step up and deliver and put his team into the state championship game Saturday night. I do not care what anyone says about how good Four Winds is and I am not going to take anything away from them. They are a good team, but it is about time people start giving BCN some recognition...THEY ARE FOR REAL!! The best of luck to any team that will be facing BCN next week in Bismarck, this team is on FIRE!!
jumpshot22

Postby rep » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:33 pm

jumpshot22 wrote:Who would have thought a month ago BCN would be going to the state tournament next week??? What a turn around this team has gone through...After watching BCN defeat a perennial power like Linton I truly feel that this team has the capability to beat anyone in the state right now. Yes Four Winds beat this team earlier by 49points but I look for those two teams to square off with each other next  Friday night in the state semi-finals. Look for Sizer to step up and deliver and put his team into the state championship game Saturday night. I do not care what anyone says about how good Four Winds is and I am not going to take anything away from them. They are a good team, but it is about time people start giving BCN some recognition...THEY ARE FOR REAL!! The best of luck to any team that will be facing BCN next week in Bismarck, this team is on FIRE!!

gotta beat ryan first (and fw has to beat trinity, too, but that is a side point)...keep the focus on the first game that needs to be played or they'll likely never get there.
rep

Postby Region 2 fan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:48 pm

It's so hard to give a team like BCN credit after seeing them lose by 49 points to a team they very well might be matched up against in the tournament and I also know they lost to Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page too which doesn't look too good on the record either.  They beat a Dakota Prairie team by 1 point at the end of the regular season also and Dakota Prairie didn't even make it to the region tournament in Region 2 so i have a hard time giving them credit but i'm trying to force myself to by looking at the Linton/BCN score from tonight.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sports guy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:52 pm

This is what Class B Boys basketball is all about.  A team can win on any given night. What a great thing to happen to the BCN players and coaches and all the communities that make up BCN
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:53 pm

Region 2 fan wrote:It's so hard to give a team like BCN credit after seeing them lose by 49 points to a team they very well might be matched up against in the tournament and I also know they lost to Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page too which doesn't look too good on the record either.  They beat a Dakota Prairie team by 1 point at the end of the regular season also and Dakota Prairie didn't even make it to the region tournament in Region 2 so i have a hard time giving them credit but i'm trying to force myself to by looking at the Linton/BCN score from tonight.
twice they lost to finley sharon hope page
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Region 2 fan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:54 pm

Are there any other players on this team besides Sizer or what?  When you hear BCN, Sizer automatically pops up in everyone's mind but who are some of their other players who will be a factor to this teams success next weekend in Bismarck?
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:57 pm

Tucker Bartlett is a freshman, i know they have another freshman but i cant think of his name.....they are a very young team with the exception of Sizer.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Region 2 fan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:59 pm

ok..thanks    I'm really happy that they did make it though cuz I have been wanting to see this Sizer and I knew the only way i would was if they made it to Bismarck and to tell you the truth, I told myself that wasn't going to happen and there was no chance but I'm glad I'll get to see this kid play
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:08 pm

The Schwab wrote:Tucker Bartlett is a freshman, i know they have another freshman but i cant think of his name.....they are a very young team with the exception of Sizer.

Kyle Heinze is the other freshmans name.

As "Region 2 fan" said they beat Dakota Prairie by 1.  Bartlett made a last second 3 pointer for the win.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:31 pm

Sports guy wrote:This is what Class B Boys basketball is all about.  A team can win on any given night. What a great thing to happen to the BCN players and coaches and all the communities that make up BCN

exactly y B is better then A....right now Linton and LaMoure would be preparing for state but instead they are deciding weather or not to attend
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bisonslayer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:11 pm

I think BCN's solid shooting alone gives them a good chance,...these guys make huge shots especially in the tournaments, one Freshman Heinze is shooting over 50% (34 makes) from the 3-point line, and other freshman Bartlett has 30 sum treys to. For these to guys to win 1st round, there going to need those guys to have a big game. And of course I would like to see Sizer drop 30 in the first round.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby deere » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:29 pm

BCN is going to get crushed in the state tourney. They are garbage, sizer isnt going to rely on getting guarded by little 5 foot 10 guys and getting calls all the time for getting pushed around. State is a little more rough and faster pace, Ryan will have their face in the pond and foot on there head and wont let up. Neither will any other team BCN faces at state.
deere

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:40 pm

deere wrote:BCN is going to get crushed in the state tourney. They are garbage, sizer isnt going to rely on getting guarded by little 5 foot 10 guys and getting calls all the time for getting pushed around. State is a little more rough and faster pace, Ryan will have their face in the pond and foot on there head and wont let up. Neither will any other team BCN faces at state.

5'10" guys gaurding him, James Leier region semi's is the biggest post in District 6, if not the region, and Ryan Bosch is argueably the best post in District 6, so to say he did it against smaller guys is false.
Last edited by baseball on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:49 pm

deere wrote:BCN is going to get crushed in the state tourney. They are garbage, sizer isnt going to rely on getting guarded by little 5 foot 10 guys and getting calls all the time for getting pushed around. State is a little more rough and faster pace, Ryan will have their face in the pond and foot on there head and wont let up. Neither will any other team BCN faces at state.

ouch...pretty harsh

personally i hope teams look past bcn...i think most of the district and most of the region breathed a sigh of relief when they drew bcn and then got sent packing...definitely a credit to the kids on the team.  

while an eighth place finish is certainly a possibility (all the ingrediets are there, with going to state for the first time and then the combination of just being happy to be there and suddenly realizing how bright the lights actually are) they've got as good a chance as anyone...all it takes is one good night and they are in the semis.
rep

Postby PA42 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:24 am

dude i give barnes county north all the credit in the world in a great run. I am just a little disappointed i don't get to see steele-dawson or linton play.
PA42

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:02 am

[user=1468]horne98[/user] wrote:
dude i give barnes county north all the credit in the world in a great run. I am just a little disappointed i don't get to see steele-dawson or linton play.

Agreed - if your team didn't make it to the tournament this week - at least this is the squad that everyone can pull for - as no one gave them a chance to make it. I give all the credit in the world to BCN - as I didn't think they had a snowballs chance in ______ of making it. Good job and Good luck!
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:42 am

CONGRATULATIONS TO BARNES COUNTY NORTH AND THE COMMUNITIES OF

Wimbledon, Courtney, Rogers, Sanborn and Dazey.

What a huge accomplishment for the Bison! who cares if Hope beat them twice where is Hope now?
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:56 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:CONGRATULATIONS TO BARNES COUNTY NORTH AND THE COMMUNITIES OF

Wimbledon, Courtney, Rogers, Sanborn and Dazey.

What a huge accomplishment for the Bison! who cares if Hope beat them twice where is Hope now?

no love for Leal or Walum?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:01 am

Sorry, I should also include Eckelson, Urbana, Sibley, and Karnack.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:16 am

and Berea;)
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby indiandrumhopper » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:32 am

BCN has to get by the first round.
indiandrumhopper

Postby the mask » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:20 am

Congrats also to BCN, keep up the good work.
I listened to the game on the radio, including the post-game w/ Mark McKenzie. It was interesting that 5 out the 6 players he interviewed from BCN all said their turning point in the season was after the Lamoure game ( they said they got their asses kicked). They commented that they started playing as a team after that point and not as individuals. That's where alot of teams have problems, and don't make it out of districts (FSHP for example). The attitudes need to stay off the court and they need to mesh together. As they say "There's no "I" in team. I believe the coaches have alot to do with that also. Great job Coach Schaffer and the best of luck in Bismarck.
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:49 am

The expression, big players come up big in big games, is exactly what Sizer did last night whether it be shooting the rock or finding open guys, very impressive game. Even though he didn't get sr player of the year, he sure played like it last night. Congrats to BCN and good luck at state.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:33 am

Yep, Linton had to stop one guy, Linton has a better coach better well trained athletes Yet Sizer still pumped in 34 points.

Amazing! I still can't get over it.

Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby bb baby » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:34 am

so is BCN's first game going to be an easy one?
bb baby
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to Boys