Dickinson Trinity vs, 4 Winds!!!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rumbles » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:05 pm

project-pat wrote:
hoser94 wrote:
project-pat wrote:Wow...that's sad. I think you must have to pass the 8th grade to be allowed on this site.

just to make a point that ballin24/7 could probaly beat you right now 1on1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...wow, you make me laugh kid. Tell him he doesn't wanna mess with the "Tayshuan Prince" of class b basketball. I'll get a surpise player to come with me, we'll play 2 on 2. haha just playin, we're gonna off topic here.

Trinity will slow down FW and come out with the win.
i dunno project pat some of these 6th graders are pretty good ball players
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:10 pm

rumbles wrote:
project-pat wrote:
hoser94 wrote:
project-pat wrote:Wow...that's sad. I think you must have to pass the 8th grade to be allowed on this site.

just to make a point that ballin24/7 could probaly beat you right now 1on1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...wow, you make me laugh kid. Tell him he doesn't wanna mess with the "Tayshuan Prince" of class b basketball. I'll get a surpise player to come with me, we'll play 2 on 2. haha just playin, we're gonna off topic here.

Trinity will slow down FW and come out with the win.
i dunno project pat some of these 6th graders are pretty good ball players

haha oh please. If that kid wants to challenge me, I'll be over there first thing in the morning, it won't take long. haha
project-pat

Postby Wildcat » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:58 pm

I'm going to say Trinity 49-47. Ironheart scores 19, but comes up short. Four Winds had a tough defensive battle against Wells County in the reg. champ., but won 44-39. I think Trinity's the best defensive team in the state and I think they can hold Four Winds.

I predict Grinsteinner gets his 20th win of the season, giving him a 20-win season for the TENTH STRAIGHT YEAR. (Yes I'm yelling)

No disrespect to an excellent coach in Rick Smith, but Grinsteinner is amazing.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby indiandrumhopper » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:30 am

must be joking because the boys are number 1 in state and what trinity????
indiandrumhopper

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:41 am

Wildcat wrote:I'm going to say Trinity 49-47. Ironheart scores 19, but comes up short. Four Winds had a tough defensive battle against Wells County in the reg. champ., but won 44-39. I think Trinity's the best defensive team in the state and I think they can hold Four Winds.

I predict Grinsteinner gets his 20th win of the season, giving him a 20-win season for the TENTH STRAIGHT YEAR. (Yes I'm yelling)

What is so amazing a RECRUITED, STACKED TEAM, into state, (I am yelling too), I don't see the genious in that!!!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:09 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
Wildcat wrote:I'm going to say Trinity 49-47. Ironheart scores 19, but comes up short. Four Winds had a tough defensive battle against Wells County in the reg. champ., but won 44-39. I think Trinity's the best defensive team in the state and I think they can hold Four Winds.

What is so amazing a RECRUITED, STACKED TEAM, into state, (I am yelling too), I don't see the genious in that!!!
I know the topic has been beat to death and has been moved but I'm gonna say this: in the big cities there are seperate parochial/catholic league's that were started just because of the fact that they can recruit and have an unfair advantage.  That is what we should do in NoDak or move those schools to class A. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Aaronih » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:39 am

Very nice post NG, DT has alot more talent to chosse from every year then the smaller schools ..Go FW..but they have a good coach as well too..
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:47 am

Question - has Grinsteinner coached elsewhere and if so what was his record? 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:08 am

I'm not a huge Trinity fan, I don't mind them, I have a lot of respect for there program, but the aren't my favorite. But I will be honest, I'm REALLY hoping that DT wins just so I don't have to listen to this FWs crap in every forum. And don't say, "we'll don't come in here if you don't want to read about FW." Well in this topic, yes. It is going to be about FWs, I'm talking about the other 15 forums that have NOTHING to do with FWs until someone  from FW brings them up. Or lets start a new forum, "what if Tony Ironhart was quicker" or "what if Tony Ironhart was this or that" that is the stuff that gets old.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NBE2007 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:56 am

You FW guys should read the DT recruiting topic then think again about what you said.
NBE2007

Postby Wildcat » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:41 am

nativegolfer wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

I know the topic has been beat to death and has been moved but I'm gonna say this: in the big cities there are seperate parochial/catholic league's that were started just because of the fact that they can recruit and have an unfair advantage.  That is what we should do in NoDak or move those schools to class A. 

Oh really, Four Winds people complaining about recruiting. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black.

Trinity really does recruit huh? Who do they recruit? DHS had at least five players on its roster better than anyone Trinity has. Who do they recruit? Rising has been there since seventh grade and that superstar scores 12 points a game to lead the team, yea that's a good job of recruiting.

If anything needs to be looked at in the state, its the constant transferring from Dakota Oyate, to Standing Rock, to Four Winds, to Parshall. How come its so easy to bounce between those teams, but not for the rest of the state? I really am curious about that. 
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Edward III » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:42 am

From my observation, it sounds like the native American Schools have a proven record of jumping from school to school or recruiting. I have not seen any evidence of Trinity recruiting other than a bunch of weak progams complaining about somebody elses success. If you look at programs-not a single season-you wouls see that these people have been at one place for a long time and have made a commitment for years. They have built respect and dedication into their PROGRAMS. That  is something that really lacks reading on this site. I have followed other teams on this site like Dan Carr -builder of a PROGRAM. May-Port has had a long standing coach. Shiloh has a coach that has been there a while. It is not rocket science what it takes to build a successful situation in any school but rather someone that WILL do it.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:51 am

Edward III wrote:From my observation, it sounds like the native American Schools have a proven record of jumping from school to school or recruiting. I have not seen any evidence of Trinity recruiting other than a bunch of weak progams complaining about somebody elses success. If you look at programs-not a single season-you wouls see that these people have been at one place for a long time and have made a commitment for years. They have built respect and dedication into their PROGRAMS. That  is something that really lacks reading on this site. I have followed other teams on this site like Dan Carr -builder of a PROGRAM. May-Port has had a long standing coach. Shiloh has a coach that has been there a while. It is not rocket science what it takes to build a successful situation in any school but rather someone that WILL do it.

Private schools have a bigger pool to choose from, nuff said, next question!!!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Edward III » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:56 am

Compared to the entire state -do the math.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Nativemom » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:55 am

[font=comic sans ms][glow=black]Good Luck Four Winds Indians[/glow][/font]

[font=comic sans ms][/font] 

:banana:
Nativemom

Postby Wildcat » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:06 am

nativegolfer wrote:
Edward III wrote:From my observation, it sounds like the native American Schools have a proven record of jumping from school to school or recruiting. I have not seen any evidence of Trinity recruiting other than a bunch of weak progams complaining about somebody elses success. If you look at programs-not a single season-you wouls see that these people have been at one place for a long time and have made a commitment for years. They have built respect and dedication into their PROGRAMS. That  is something that really lacks reading on this site. I have followed other teams on this site like Dan Carr -builder of a PROGRAM. May-Port has had a long standing coach. Shiloh has a coach that has been there a while. It is not rocket science what it takes to build a successful situation in any school but rather someone that WILL do it.

Private schools have a bigger pool to choose from, nuff said, next question!!!

Nuff said, next question? Who made this guy the all-knowing moderator?

They don't choose the kids who go to Trinity. If the parents pay for their kid to go, they pay.

You make it sound like all the kids in Dickinson are in one big gymnasium with basketballs in their hands, and Trinity chooses the best ones for its team. They have to go to Trinity and last time I checked, the best basketball players were at Dickinson High.

Please have more proof then "bigger pool to choose from". If there is one thing I've seen from Four Winds fans on here, its that not many of them seem to have a knowledge of the Class A game in North Dakota. I'm not grouping all Four Winds fan.

However, to say that Trinity has the best bball players in Dickinson is ludicrous. You would know that if you watched Dickinson High play at all.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:07 am

By the way, excellent post.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux Rock!!!! » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:51 am

Im going to say trinity because they work hard, pay good defense, and have a good coaching staff, but i would like to see 4 winds come out on top.

Sioux Rock!!!!
NDPreps Rookie

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:32 pm

Sioux Rock!!!! wrote:Im going to say trinity because they work hard, pay good defense, and have a good coaching staff, but i would like to see 4 winds come out on top.

i think the first round games will all be good close ones
fruit snack

Postby lutzey_14 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:46 pm

Wildcat wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

Oh really, Four Winds people complaining about recruiting. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black.

Trinity really does recruit huh? Who do they recruit? DHS had at least five players on its roster better than anyone Trinity has. Who do they recruit? Rising has been there since seventh grade and that superstar scores 12 points a game to lead the team, yea that's a good job of recruiting.

If anything needs to be looked at in the state, its the constant transferring from Dakota Oyate, to Standing Rock, to Four Winds, to Parshall. How come its so easy to bounce between those teams, but not for the rest of the state? I really am curious about that. 

I agree.
lutzey_14
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baller01 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:49 pm

lutzey_14 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

I agree.

Because no one regulates what they do. They just do whatever they want.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:52 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:

CAN WE SERIOUSLY LEAVE THE RECRUITING TOPIC OUT OF THE CONVO FOR ONCE?!?!?! (YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE WHOS MAD) It's been proven TIME and TIME again on here that Trinity does NOT recruit but some stubborn FW fans refuse to give it up.

How is Trinity stacked in anyway?? They had a year better than expected and that deserves some respect. Everyone at Trinity was going insane this week trying to find some rooms for state this year because most people weren't expecting them to make it. But its hard work and dedication that got this years team to state.
Last edited by grizz on Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:53 pm

Trinity is in no way stacked. They just have a coach that knows what he is doing.
project-pat

Postby ndfan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:57 pm

Ahhh the word I hate the most right now on this website. Sorry but it keeps getting beat to death. So i must close it now.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:57 pm

I think that everyone this year thought that this was going to be the year that the Trinity streak ended. At the beginning of the year I thought they were the 4th best team in the region. Then going into regionals I thought they were maybe the 2nd or 3rd best team behind Hazen and maybe Killdeer. Grinsteinner is AMAZING!
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys