Senior Player of the Year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Tigger » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:04 pm

Who's gonna win it?  Luke Lorenz is the Region 2 POY.  I'd like to see him win for the state too, but he had a couple games where his stats didn't leap off the page.
Last edited by Tigger on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsfan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:05 pm

Tony Ironheart was Region 4.
hoopsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:08 pm

I think the big three are Lorenz, Bakkum, and Ironhart. Its gonna come down to one of those three. I've been saying Lorenz all along but Ironhart is a very very very close 2nd now in my book.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mr. Me Too » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:09 pm

i'd hafta say Tony IH or Lorenz, maybe even Bakkum
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tigger » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:10 pm

A state title woudn't hurt Mr. Ironheart's candidacy...I think Luke will suffer in this and Mr. Basketball consideration because he didn't make the state tournament or region title game though some people might reflect back to last season's tourney MVP (they're not supposed to but it's hard to ignore)
Last edited by Tigger on Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tigger » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:14 pm

can someone try to make a case for each region's player?  i'm sure most of us don't know a lot about some of the different region poy's.  i'm calling out horne98 to give us the skinny on Luke Lorenz
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SportsAreLife » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:01 pm

Jacob Wheeling from Region 7. The kid can shoot lights out from about anywhere, he can drive to the hoop. He averages like 20 some a game. Started since he was a freshman I think? Great all round player. Gotta give him some consideration.
SportsAreLife

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:07 pm

who won for all regions

1-?

2-Lorenz

3-Bakkum

4-Ironheart

5-?

6-?

7-Wheeling

8-?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby magic715 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:16 pm

baseball wrote:who won for all regions

1-?

2-Lorenz

3-Bakkum

4-Ironheart

5-?

6-?

7-Wheeling

8-?
Region 6 had co-senior player of the year, Heidel from Kenmare , and Cooper from Westhope-Newburg
magic715

Postby CZAQ55 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:30 pm

magic715 wrote:
baseball wrote:who won for all regions

1-?

2-Lorenz

3-Bakkum

4-Ironheart

5-?

6-?

7-Wheeling

8-?
Region 6 had co-senior player of the year, Heidel from Kenmare , and Cooper from Westhope-Newburg
Region 8 - Nathaniel Packineau
"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure."
CZAQ55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Region 2 fan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:15 pm

1-?
2-Lorenz
3-Bakkum
4-Ironheart
5-?
6-Heidel and Cooper
7-Wheeling
8-Nathaniel Packineau
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby philshometown » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:34 pm

Region 2 fan wrote:1-Matt Lingen
2-Lorenz
3-Bakkum
4-Ironheart
5-?
6-Heidel and Cooper
7-Wheeling
8-Nathaniel Packineau
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:37 pm

my pick to win is Wheeling.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:52 am

thins is going to be an extremely close race. Bakkum, ironheart, and lorenz are the top three. But take nothing away from nat. pack., jacob wheeling, or anyone else up for the award i just don't think they have had the exposure of the other thee. Both Ironheart and Lorenz have been very impressive at state. Almoswt everyone from the middle of the state to the west know about bakkum. I have said this before but i just think we are lucky this season to have three really great players who respect the game so much.
PA42

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:00 am

[user=1505]philshometown[/user] wrote:
2-Lorenz
3-Bakkum
4-Ironheart
5-?
6-Heidel and Cooper
7-Wheeling
8-Nathaniel Packineau

I would love to say it could be one of the Region 6 boys - but of all the ones I've seen play - I got to go with Tony Ironheart. The only two I haven't seen are Bakkum and Wheeling but of the rest Ironheart is the guy.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bearsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:08 am

BB11 wrote:[user=1505]philshometown[/user] wrote:
2-Lorenz
3-Bakkum
4-Ironheart
5-?
6-Heidel and Cooper
7-Wheeling
8-Nathaniel Packineau

I would love to say it could be one of the Region 6 boys - but of all the ones I've seen play - I got to go with Tony Ironheart. The only two I haven't seen are Bakkum and Wheeling but of the rest Ironheart is the guy.

There is a lilttle advantage that Wheeling has..... his dad not only coaches but I believe that he is the AD.  I'm not saying that all of those guys don't deserve it.... but a little politicing at that level seems to help!!
Bearsfan

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:08 am

Region 5 was Ross Aman from CS.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:09 am

Bearsfan wrote:
2-Lorenz
3-Bakkum
4-Ironheart
5-?
6-Heidel and Cooper
7-Wheeling
8-Nathaniel Packineau

There is a lilttle advantage that Wheeling has..... his dad not only coaches but I believe that he is the AD.  I'm not saying that all of those guys don't deserve it.... but a little politicing at that level seems to help!!

spoon fed
fruit snack

Postby letsgosox » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:30 am

Bearsfan wrote:
2-Lorenz
3-Bakkum
4-Ironheart
5-?
6-Heidel and Cooper
7-Wheeling
8-Nathaniel Packineau

that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. politics had abosolutely nothing with wheeling winning senior of the year for region 7. he has averaged 15+ points a game since he was a freshman. believe me, killdeer's basketball coaches are never going to win any popularity contests, so i don't know how much "pull" they have as far as awards go.
letsgosox

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:34 am

I think Bakkum should win Sr. POY.  I'm not sure what his stats are, but from some of the stats I've seen from this year and last, he seems like the most complete player. 
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bearsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:05 am

letsgosox wrote:
Bearsfan wrote:
2-Lorenz
3-Bakkum
4-Ironheart
5-?
6-Heidel and Cooper
7-Wheeling
8-Nathaniel Packineau

that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. politics had abosolutely nothing with wheeling winning senior of the year for region 7. he has averaged 15+ points a game since he was a freshman. believe me, killdeer's basketball coaches are never going to win any popularity contests, so i don't know how much "pull" they have as far as awards go.

You need to take the post as it was given.......... We all know that he definately deserves region 7 POY and I am not arguing that point.... What I am saying is that POY of the STATE, as mentioned earlier in this post, won't go to the West because they don't ever hear of anyone out here.  That is completely WRONG!!!  And If you don't think that an AD or coach has "pull"... you are completely wrong!  I coached for over 15 years in ND varsity athletics and I have heard the "...but he's that coaches kid...." speech MANY times.  I've argued against it 'til I was blue in the face!!  Its a fact that it happens.  There is a little fraternity of voters out there.... take my word for it.  I have watched him play also..... this has nothing to do with the region player of the year and everything to do with horn98 saying that there is no exposure out west.... you don't always need it when you have the politicing going on. 
Bearsfan

Postby Bearsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:28 am

letsgosox wrote:
Bearsfan wrote:
2-Lorenz
3-Bakkum
4-Ironheart
5-?
6-Heidel and Cooper
7-Wheeling
8-Nathaniel Packineau

one more addition to that...... if that was the dumbest thing you ever heard... then you need to go to the Four Wind Indians post! jk!
Bearsfan

Return to Boys