Parshall WINS!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sportsperson » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:52 am

J-Rod34 wrote:Also good display of sportamanship Bo after you fouled out of the game. I see why you were not even talked about in the classiest players topic.

Bo James was not being classless and was not being a poor sport or anything after he fouled out. He realized they were losing and knew it was going to be his last game so naturally he was a little stuff off. When the Packineaus came to shake his hand he had his head in his jersey and didn't even see them. Props to Bo James for loving the game enough to get that stuff off.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region 8 Fan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:15 pm

sportsperson wrote:
J-Rod34 wrote:Also good display of sportamanship Bo after you fouled out of the game. I see why you were not even talked about in the classiest players topic.

Bo James was not being classless and was not being a poor sport or anything after he fouled out. He realized they were losing and knew it was going to be his last game so naturally he was a little stuff off. When the Packineaus came to shake his hand he had his head in his jersey and didn't even see them. Props to Bo James for loving the game enough to get that stuff off.

I agree with you sportsperson, it looked liked he was rasing his head and arm as the "Twins" approached him. No big deal! Watford kids have always showed good sportsmanship during games. After the game both James and Shipman shook hands and hugged the" Twins"and Rudy.
Region 8 Fan

Postby J-Rod34 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:42 pm

Region 8 Fan wrote:
sportsperson wrote:

I agree with you sportsperson, it looked liked he was rasing his head and arm as the "Twins" approached him. No big deal! Watford kids have always showed good sportsmanship during games. After the game both James and Shipman shook hands and hugged the" Twins"and Rudy.

I wasn't really refering to whenhe was sitting on thebench I was more talking about immediately after he fouled out of the game when he was jumping around on the court and pulling his jersey over his head. I have seen a lot of seniors foul out of their last game and walk to the bench and if they are losing they can graciously accept the fact. I do not me to insult him I really don't wvwn personally know the guy but I would guess that if he could he would take it back- at least I hope so.

Also Ambassador listen to blaze88 and give the keyboard a break, you are not even from Parshall and after they won you are talking like you have taught or went to school there for 20 years.
J-Rod34

Postby balla20 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:16 pm

GOOD JOB PARSHALL!
*CONGRATS*
balla20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby mags » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:47 pm

see whats happens when trinity isnt winning... therefore actually has to PLAY basketball instead of holding the ball for 3 minutes

class b needs a shot clock
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:16 pm

mags wrote:see whats happens when trinity isnt winning... therefore actually has to PLAY basketball instead of holding the ball for 3 minutes

Does this post make any sense?? I'm not saying that class B doesnt need a shot clock, I would love to see that happen, but you do realize that Trinity just took 2nd place? They are a patient team and thats what Greg Grinnsteiner has coached his players every year, and look at what happens. I think the 7 regional titles in a row speaks for itself.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby BBall dominator » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:20 pm

[user=2289]grizz[/user] wrote:
mags wrote:see whats happens when trinity isnt winning... therefore actually has to PLAY basketball instead of holding the ball for 3 minutes

Does this post make any sense?? I'm not saying that class B doesnt need a shot clock, I would love to see that happen, but you do realize that Trinity just took 2nd place? They are a patient team and thats what Greg Grinnsteiner has coached his players every year, and look at what happens. I think the 7 regional titles in a row speaks for itself.

I think that would hinder DT game a little bit but their defense would force some teams into hurried and horrible shots towards the end of the shot clock so I think it would even it self out most of the time
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kvrnm » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:21 pm

i just  feel like the way trinity play s  isnt the way class B basketball is meant to be played.
Last edited by kvrnm on Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:21 pm

dominationSCS wrote:[user=2289]grizz[/user] wrote:

Does this post make any sense?? I'm not saying that class B doesnt need a shot clock, I would love to see that happen, but you do realize that Trinity just took 2nd place? They are a patient team and thats what Greg Grinnsteiner has coached?his players every year, and look at what happens. I think the 7 regional titles in a row speaks for itself.

I think that would hinder DT game a little bit but their defense would force some teams into hurried and horrible shots towards the end of the shot clock so I think it would even it self out most of the time

it would be interesting to see how they would score but with morey it wont be a problem

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:28 pm

[user=814]kvrnm[/user] wrote:
 i just  feel like the way trinity play s  isnt the way class B basketball is meant to be played.

WOW I hate that comment for the sole reason that good defense usually goes unnoticed and when it does its criticized
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kvrnm » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:30 pm

its just the way i feel and im not bashing no there D its there offense i dont like.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBall dominator » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:34 pm

[user=814]kvrnm[/user] wrote:
its just the way i feel and im not bashing no there D its there offense i dont like.

ok in a way I agree because its not fun to watch but it takes a lot to not take a quick shot and wait for the best possible one so I give them credit for that but how is class B supposed to be played running around jacking up shots 2 passes into the offense??
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kvrnm » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:36 pm

no im not saying that, but did you watch the shiloh-parshall game last year at state? that was my definition of class b basketball. then later that weak u had to watch dt and may port -cg. that just kinda ruined the state tourney for me.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:39 pm

kvrnm wrote:no im not saying that, but did you watch the shiloh-parshall game last year at state? that was my definition of class b basketball. then later that weak u had to watch dt and may port -cg. that just kinda ruined the state tourney for me.
hahaha....how can you say that the state title game ruined your state tourny....hahahaha
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby kvrnm » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:42 pm

besides the last second shot i personally didnt find it exciting..... just my opinion, i may be wrong but its just wut i think.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby *ndballa* » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:01 pm

grizz wrote:

i think falling asleep while watching games makes it good enough reason to have a shot clock lol 25-19 or w/e it was in the 3rd quarter come on
*ndballa*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Edward III » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:51 am

Parshal was the team that slowed the game down. The zone they played was a good move since trinity wasn't shooting well in the third quarter. Any good team is not going to go down and throw up bricks when you are behind and not shooting well. Trinity proved good coaching can keep you in games also. Run and gun is fun to what but I enjoy good basketball and that game was good basketball. 
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:53 am

Edward III wrote:Parshal was the team that slowed the game down. The zone they played was a good move since trinity wasn't shooting well in the third quarter. Any good team is not going to go down and throw up bricks when you are behind and not shooting well. Trinity proved good coaching can keep you in games also. Run and gun is fun to what but I enjoy good basketball and that game was good basketball. 

u dont slow the game down on the defensive end u do it on the offensive end and im pretty sure the pack twins werent hesitating to shoot the ball throughout the whole game.  trinity was passing up open looks in that zone.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Edward III » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:16 am

What do you mean you don't slow it down on the defensive end? Rudy was in foul trouble and they slowed the game down. I want to talk basketball here not pick on a team for having a winning tradition.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys